Checklist Stuck after Cabin Secure

mr.ocjr

Departing from EBBR in both the 320 and 319 get stuck after I close the doors. I thought this was an issue with the version I was using so I ran the ASUpdater to get the most recent version and it still gets stuck. I tried it like 6 times this evening and I am stumped.

On  the 6th time the doors wouldn't stay closed, they just kept cycling, so could that have caused the checklist to get interrupted?

Here are the steps to get going that I took:

1. Load flight Sim Gate 353 at EBBR
  2. Set Turn around state
  3. Init Loadsheet
  4. Instant load
  5. Start GSX
  6. turn on checklist
  7. turn on copilot
  8. start cockpit prep checklist
  9. Set parking brake (when prompted by cockpit prep checklist)
  10. Enter flightplan and setup MCP
  11. set baro
  12. wait for GSX to finish boarding
  13. close the doors
  14. hear cabin secure
  15. checklist stops.

I feel like this could be something simple but I keep racking my brain and I can't figure it out. This is how i start almost all of my Airbus flights and tonight is the first time this has happened. I have had checklists stop before, but a computer or P3D restart usually did the trick, not this time.

• Deputy Sheriffs

When the Cockpit Preparation CL has been finished just do nothing (do not close the doors!). Wait until GSX has finished boarding and then start the GSX pushback procedure. This procedure will automatically close the doors, remove the jetway/stairs etc. After the doors are closed automatically the BeforeStart CL will start........ (Suggest to use the Checklist INFOBAR because then you are informed what to do next......

19 hours ago, Hanse said:

When the Cockpit Preparation CL has been finished just do nothing (do not close the doors!). Wait until GSX has finished boarding and then start the GSX pushback procedure. This procedure will automatically close the doors, remove the jetway/stairs etc. After the doors are closed automatically the BeforeStart CL will start........ (Suggest to use the Checklist INFOBAR because then you are informed what to do next......

I will give that a try! I do always try to follow the infobar, after I would close the doors the bar would disappear.

I will let you know what I find.

19 hours ago, Hanse said:

So I followed your directions and after the doors were closed by GSX, the BeforeStart CL did not start and the INFOBAR went away. External Power didnt disconnect because the APU never started and so the pushback proceedure didn't finish. Everything just stopped.

2 minutes ago, mr.ocjr said:

So I followed your directions and after the doors were closed by GSX, the BeforeStart CL did not start and the INFOBAR went away. External Power didnt disconnect because the APU never started and so the pushback proceedure didn't finish. Everything just stopped.

Wait! As I was preparing to close P3D i decided I would take the aircraft for a flight anyway, and as soon as I cancelled the GSX pushback the checklist got started again. So perhaps this is a GSX issue instead of a Aerosoft issue?

Let me know your thoughts on what I could do next?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Might be a GSX-problem - but I never experienced such a problem with GSX. Are you using GSX 2 and is it working like required e.g. the pushback is performed (currently forget the CL). Do you hear the GSX-Groundcrew and their command to release parking brakes? Maybe you should make a new clean GSX installation?

On 11/22/2019 at 1:50 AM, Hanse said:

Might be a GSX-problem - but I never experienced such a problem with GSX. Are you using GSX 2 and is it working like required e.g. the pushback is performed (currently forget the CL). Do you hear the GSX-Groundcrew and their command to release parking brakes? Maybe you should make a new clean GSX installation?

Yeah GSX never got past the tug hook up either, no "please release parking brakes". I just updated GSX so I will try again, but I do agree that this appears to be a GSX issue more than an A320 issue.

Archived