Inconsistencies between Aerosoft Navigation Database and Prepar3D scenery

AMJBecker

Does anyone have a good approach how to overcome inconsistencies between the Aerosoft Navigation database and the P3D scenery?

As an example: I performed a flight to Almaty, Kasachstan (UAAA) and selected runway 23R. During final approach I recognized that runway 23R does not exist in P3D and the ILS approach could not capture the tuned ILS. I checked in P3D and realized that the P3D scenery only knows a runway 23 (which seems to be runway 23L in the Aerosoft navigation database).

Another example: The final approach to Dusseldorf, Germany (EDDL) towards runway 23R went fine until short before the runway threshold, when the altitude suddenly went up a significant amount so that landing is nearly impossible. Again, comparing the runway characteristics between the Aerosoft navigation database and the P3D scenery shows a difference in the runway elevations, which for me most probably causes the altitude hop. (Runway 23L is fine, by the way.)

it is a very bad surprise after a successful flight, when all of a sudden things go wrong. This is why I'd like to know how others handle such effects.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is unfortunately quite normal, as the database in P3D is totally outdated, conmpared to NavdataPro (or other databases).

What you can do:

- Update via this site: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

- when you fly to default airports check the frequencies in the P3D flightplaner and dial them in manually

I made an update of the P3D scenery as described above. It's much better now, as the runway names and frequencies and runway courses are corrected in many cases. Thank you.

But missing runways are not added, at least the two, which I checked (Almaty 23R/05L and Frankfurt 25R/07L still don't exist). This means that the second recommendation above seems to be the only way to be safe.

Thanks mopperle.

Nice link! Thank you.

Question: do the FSX sceneries comply with P3DV4, too? Sometimes it's mentioned explicitly that a scenery is for P3DV4 only. Does this mean that this particular scenery is for P3D only, but the others are for FSX and P3D? 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are indeed sceneries working only in P3Dv4. Just as it is mentioned in the system requirements. In case you are unsure, simply ask before buying.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, AMJBecker said:

Nice link! Thank you.

Question: do the FSX sceneries comply with P3DV4, too? Sometimes it's mentioned explicitly that a scenery is for P3DV4 only. Does this mean that this particular scenery is for P3D only, but the others are for FSX and P3D? 

Not all FSX will work in P3Dv4. Depends on used technology to create the addon.

P3Dv4 dropped some very old backward compatibility. Also P3Dv4 introduced a flag in AFCAD for taxiway displaying. If that is not set, you won’t see taxiways in AFCAD only sceneries.
For freeware I suggest try and error. 
For payware, ask before buying if it’s not explicit for P3Dv4 compatible.

Archived