EDDM terminal disappearing

David25210

Hello,

I have an issue with disappearing terminal in Mega Airport Munich X (v 1.02). When I start flight at the gate, the terminal is visible, however it suddenly disappears after some time. Gates remain however visible. Also, upon landing at EDDM, the terminal is simply not there, just the gates. It's not problem of any add-on I believe, because this happens even without AES or GSX installed. I test this last few days, same problem always. Test with PMDG 737NGX, ActiveSkyNext and Ultimate Traffic 2 as main add-ons. I have some REX software installed too (Texture Direct etc). Didn't try to uninstall and reinstall EDDM yet, should I?

In the aerosoft forum I found similar tread related to EDDF (disappearing terminals), same issue, however there the problem was caused by GSX (some Add-on exclusions or so), however in my case this issue was present without any GSX or similar program ever installed.

thanks for help in advance

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi David,

EDDM is now out since many years, and nobody ever reported such a problem. As you are running FSX, your system might simply not able to handle so many demanding addons (737NG, AS, AI-Traffic, Rex..) at the same time. EDDM was my "homebase" during my FSX times from where I made hundreds of flights as an Airbus Betatester including Addons like ActiveSky and I never experienced such a problem.

What are your hardware specs?

Thanks for fast reply.

Well, don't think that the hardware is the cause, although not the fastest rig anymore, still ok....

Specs: Quad core i7-3770 @ 3.5GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 660i 2GB, HDD+SSD, on Asus motherboard, Win7Pro up to date,   MS FSX fully patched , running on 24" HP LCD @ 1920x1200 resolution.

I used to have some OOM issues in FSX, but by careful tuning of the scenery, graphics, texture resolution etc. settings I manage to avoid them more or less, I'm aware of 32- bit limit of FSX with regard to usable RAM. 

I can't figure out the reason what's causing the disappearing terminal..weird. Maybe FS Global could be messing things up? Or Megasceneryearth Germany photorealistic scenery?  I'll try switch it off... If there were no reports of such issues at EDDM so far by others, what that could be ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Either your system isnt capable of handling the load (lot of demanding addons) or another software is interfering. This to find out is not easy. Usually it means you have to deactivate all addons and turning them back on to hopefully find the root cause. But this does not solve possible conflicts with certain combinations of addons.

And btw. your 16GB RAM dont matter at all, as FSX can only access 4GB.

And staying on Win7 is a bad idea.  Not talking about end of live, but Windows 10 handles many things much better then Win7. So there is definitely no reason to stick to Win7.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

Either your system isnt capable of handling the load (lot of demanding addons) or another software is interfering. This to find out is not easy. Usually it means you have to deactivate all addons and turning them back on to hopefully find the root cause. But this does not solve possible conflicts with certain combinations of addons.

And btw. your 16GB RAM dont matter at all, as FSX can only access 4GB.

Thanks for suggestions. I will try to turn off scenery add-ons I mentioned earlier (FS Global 2010 and Megasceneryearth Germany) and see how it goes. If it won't help, then other add-ons. Wish there was an update, or even better, a new version of EDDM, because it's my favorite destination these days when flying airliners. 

Archived