PD3v4.5 Crashing with Airbus Vehicle

fernandito1969

Hello;

I have just recently acquired a new Gmg PC and while testing my Sim PD3v4.5 with an Airbus 321 it has crashed twice in a row. I have listed the report from the Event Reliability Rep. and a screen image below. It was running beautifully until aprx 20 min into the mission. Any remedies or advise to fix this problem please.

My Current System:

Gamer Eagle 2000
Intel® Core™ Processor i7-9700F
16GB DDR4/3200MHz RAM
GeForce RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6
ASUS Prime Z390-P WiFi ATX Motherboard
240GB ADATA SU630-240G SSD + 2TB HDD Combo

Last Crashed 11/17/19
Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Prepar3D.exe
Application Version: 4.5.13.32097
Application Timestamp: 5d8abf93
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.476
Fault Module Timestamp: 83c3d83a
Exception Code: c000041d
Exception Offset: 000000000003a839
OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 27ca
Additional Information 2: 27ca08661e3fcdd4068530d28812d8bc
Additional Information 3: c71a
Additional Information 4: c71a976d4c5d070499cbaf098b2bb6ad

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: c9ec300a48050617fde2e7952c2775a4 (2153538199713445284)

Any Thoughts?

v/r

Fernado Rentas

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Crashes related to kernelbase.dll are related to the Windows System. In 99,99% of all cases, the reasons are: broken systemfiles, outdated/broken drivers, missing/broken Visual C++ drivers, or other software is interfering, like the one I can see on your screenshot.

BTW, regarding screenshots: please use the function that is built into P3D to make screenshots. ;)

How to solve your problem:
- make sure that your Windows is 100% uptodate (run the update function multiple times)

- make sure all drivers are uptodate

- install all Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables starting from 2005 up to 2019

- make sure that all your addons are 100% compatible witrh your current P3D version

Dear Fernando,

not sure if it is the same problem I had a couple of weeks ago. The symptoms are:

- CTD at selection of the Airbus

- Appcrashview reporting "string binding is invalid" in kernelbase.dll

If this can help, for me, the problem was linked to selecting a simulator time different from the system time in the initial P3D screen (the one with selcetion of the vehicle, selection of the airport and, in the bottom right corner, selection of the time of the day)

Workaround was selecting the 'bus leaving the time of the day unchanged in the first screen, loading the plane and then changing the time of the day.

Notably, I have this problem only with P3D4.5HF2, latest Windows update and the Aerosoft Airbus - Mathijs reported having the same problem with a PMDG addon, but I do not own any of them, so I cannot comment on this. 

Alfatango

Edit: Sorry, I just realised that you mention crashing 20 minutes into the mission not at selection, so your case is different from mine. 

Tracking Mop and Alfa!…..Alfa , I did have tested already the PMDG x2 (747&NGX) and worked excellent. The only weird new thing that took place was excessive flickering or quick flashings on the screen. I will consult this one with PD3 Techs. Thanks both for the advise. Will review, test and post feedback on results later.

FRL

• Aerosoft

We are using parts of the SDK that PMDG does not yet use. So it is not surprising that one might work and the other not.

Lockheed will give you the same reply btw, something on your system is broken. I would start with a good check of Direct X

Archived