Geneva professional issues

TOPSWISS Alex

Hello, I figured I would open another thread since It's different issues than the one already opened.

Two issues here :

1) Taxi signs 23/05 and 23/5

Please login to display this image.

2) Night lights range

The night lights are good but they only appear when you are very close to the airport (2nm or less only, and at 2nm they're not that visible).

You can see the phenomenon here (starting at 2H03MIN) :

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/510067848

27 minutes ago, mopperle said:

your numbers are outdated

How can it be outdated, I don't understand ?

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

can not confirm this. Did you turn on the Dynamic Display Engine?

Yes it's on, but as you can see I'm not the only one having the issue 😕

When you say that you cannot confirm, do you mean that you don't have the issue on your end ?

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

How can it be outdated, I don't understand ?

simply look at actual charts and you will see 22-04 is correct.

And yes I do not have a lights issue.

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

simply look at actual charts and you will see 22-04 is correct.

22/04 is indeed correct, unlike the taxi signs of your scenery (look at the left and right taxi signs).

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And yes I do not have a lights issue.

That's weird, the video clearly shows there is an issue. Would you mind take a screen at 7-8 miles final at night ? If you see the runway lights from there I will look into my P3D settings.

• Deputy Sheriffs
13 minutes ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

22/04 is indeed correct, unlike the taxi signs of your scenery (look at the left and right taxi signs).

Now I know what you mean. But not sure if this is wrong. We have seen this at another airport, where the signs on the left and right site showed the old numbering, while the numbering on the rwy and taxiway was correct. Only a recent real world picture could prove this.

7 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Now I know what you mean. But not sure if this is wrong. We have seen this at another airport, where the signs on the left and right site showed the old numbering, while the numbering on the rwy and taxiway was correct. Only a recent real world picture could prove this.

I see, I thought it was a mistake :)

About the lights, I made some comparisons.

You can see that the runway lights IRL can be seen from far away : https://youtu.be/j86lan2urFU?t=54

In the sim (and it's not only me as the twitch replay proves it) it's only visible as it should on very short final which is not enough.

See for instance (and this screen is actually not taken that far away since I'm above the Léman, the runway you can guess but not quite see is the rwy 22) :

A competitor of yours, JustSim EBBR (I mean no comparison of course, but just so you see that the brightness is different) :

To compare what's comparable, Pad-Labs EDDT does not have the issue aforementioned and night lighting is quite good from the distance.

• Aerosoft

Hi Alex,

here is what i looks like on my machine on roughly an 8.5 NM final:

It's clearly a settings issue. The lights are visible, albeit not that bright because a lot of the time they are indeed way too bright in the sim. Also, the technique we are using for the lighting in LSGG is a different one, so you cannot really compare this to other products. We can discuss if we are able to tweak this a little, but as you can see, this is not so much a general issue but depends on the settings of your sim. 

Interesting, any setting responsible for this ? I've been tweaking all and still get the same result

I understand that airports may be too bright, and that P3D may be limiting in this matter, but any way for me to make the lights brighter ? A file I could tweak ? I would be happy on a 8.5NM final with the brightness like your screen above :)

• Aerosoft

Hi Alex,

I for myself really cannot tell which setting might be responsible, as from my view this could also either be an in-sim setting or something externally.

But..we discussed and might be able to provide you with an optional light model with extended visibility range in the coming future. So you could test, if it is getting better for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 hours ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

Interesting, any setting responsible for this ?

Several sources I can see here:

- Hardware/Monitor settings

- HDR settings in P3D: not turned on/brightness too low

- any shader tweaks

4 hours ago, BenBaron said:

But..we discussed and might be able to provide you with an optional light model with extended visibility range in the coming future. So you could test, if it is getting better for you.

Wonderful, thanks !

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

- HDR settings in P3D: not turned on/brightness too low

Indeed, my HDR is off in P3D.

• Deputy Sheriffs
24 minutes ago, TOPSWISS Alex said:

Indeed, my HDR is off in P3D.

Recommendation is to set it ON, but you should BLOOM turn off. Brightness should also be a bit reduced, but this also depends on the hardware settings of your monitor.

10 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Recommendation is to set it ON, but you should BLOOM turn off. Brightness should also be a bit reduced, but this also depends on the hardware settings of your monitor.

Yeah, I tried with HDR ON but it's still the same thing. I'll just wait on your alternate light set 😛

Btw, I thought about something with your new DDE.

You can disable it with one click. Maybe you could set some options so the user can chose to force rwy lights ON ? Can be useful at any airport, regardless of the weather or time of day.
You could even set some options to for instance chose the runway exits that are lit.

• Aerosoft
vor 43 Minuten, TOPSWISS Alex sagte:

Btw, I thought about something with your new DDE.

You can disable it with one click. Maybe you could set some options so the user can chose to force rwy lights ON ? Can be useful at any airport, regardless of the weather or time of day.
You could even set some options to for instance chose the runway exits that are lit.

Thanks Alex for the suggestion,

DDE is in continous development and we have plans for it moving forward. Might not happen with Genf, but there will be more stuff coming in the future and it is actually already capable of way more than is being used right now.

• Aerosoft

Always always ALWAYS start with calibrating your monitor when you have lighting issues.  We have seen so many problems with people who have a monitor that is simply not set up correctly and then use the settings in the sim to correct it. The result will never be good.

I understand the issue is on my end but I don't see what I can do to my monitor to see the lighting from further away Mathijs. And I'm not blaming you of course, but just saying that it's the very first time I see this so I assumed it was on your side. When I saw a streamer have the same issue, it comforted by assumption.

That being said, I don't have a very good monitor.

• 1 month later...

Hey, two questions here :

1. Was away from my PC for the holidays so I just installed the latest 1.0.1.1, which did not fix the aforementioned issue. You talked about another set of runway lights, can we expect that for the next update ? SODE lights maybe ? I've seen that they are quite good !

(Btw my screen is perfectly calibrated, as I said I'm not the only one to get the issue Mathijs).

2. Is it planned to integrate SODE VDGS system ? If not, is there a way to delete the visual dockings in your scenery ? I'm thinking about buying their product and placing stuff on the scenery, but your docking system is not aligned with the stand centreline and I don't know if VDGS must be aligned, so I'm afraid I won't be able to "hide" your own system.

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Alex, 

apart from the fact that there is another update planned which is also supposed to bring an enhancement to the lights to those who are affected there is not more to say right now. 

Archived