Terrible installer Mega Prague

mleuck

This is a terrible installer. It took over two hours to download. And, then, no opportunity to save the file I purchased! Why? I do not want to go through the install process again! Further, I purchased the file. Why Will you not let me "own" it?

• Deputy Sheriffs

What do you mean with "you can't save it" ? 

When you download the installer from your shop account it will be stored on your hard drive. From there you will extract it afterwards and run the installer. 

When downloading the installer, are you getting any error messages from you web browser? Maybe your disk is simply full and therefore the download can't be stored completely on it? 

The Problem is that (not like other Aerosoft installers) you only download a zip with 300kb and that one downloads the files during the installation process directly. I had very long to downlaod prague as well, it's completely different to all other aerosoft installers. Mine took about half an hour, mabe the server was not that occupied at that time. But it's correct, it is not as easy and straight forward as we are normally used to with aerosoft installers.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Also, all support for the MA Prague is done directly by the developer, XHT Labs. The initial download (the 300kb one) is done from AS servers, all following downloads are provided through XHT Labs servers.

Please get in touch with them via the following link:

Hi Mathijs

'That system' = complete packages available through DL shop/Aerosoft servers? versus only a installer that needs access to internet/other product's developers servers for further download

Maybe I got it all wrong, but could you tell a little bit more please.

Why this change of policy?

Which developers are meant with other products

Thanks in advance

Johan

I was just  a little  troubled  by mleuck's post,  as far as I knew Aerosoft never  used  'a small download starting a large one' in the past.

So I checked in my account and only today noticed that Mega Airport Praque was indeed replaced by a small file (118 kb) with no Version info.

I keep my files stored on a NAS, so I don't access my shopaccount that much.

Should probably check out now what has changed with this airport.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Johan

Keep up the hard work -:) , I'll  keep spending -:)

A small update here

Just ran the new small installer. Provided email adres and serial number .Within some minutes scenery was downloaded and installed

No major problems here

Johan

Archived