Geneva professional misplaced autogen

Er!k

• Deputy Sheriffs

I can not see all of the report misplaced autogen, execpt the one in post #2, but this might depend on the used Autogen setting in P3D.

What I see are these "gates" and do not find a reference to tem in actual parking charts:

Please login to display this image.

No issue with misplaced Buildings or Gates. May be because I dont´t use SODE at time for LSGG.

Autogen Building is set Normal in P3D.

What I'm struggling with:

Looks like the approach to an aircraft carrier, 🙂 but here I have to find out why it looks like that. Vector or mesh? I know it doesn't look that way in reality.

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs
32 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

What I'm struggling with:

Looks like the approach to an aircraft carrier, 🙂 but here I have to find out why it looks like that. Vector or mesh? I know it doesn't look that way in reality.

Wolfgang

Dont see this. I have no mesh installed and also didnt change anything regrading Orbx Vector etc.:

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Hoffie3000 said:

No issue with misplaced Buildings or Gates. May be because I dont´t use SODE at time for LSGG.

Are you sure about that? I can see double jetways all over the place in your screenshot. Do you have SODE and SODE jetways disabled within the configurator? Are you using GSX?

@mopperle

Otto, your picture confirms my suspicion that this is a mesh problem. I am using FS Global Ultimate NextGen.

@Tom A320

Tom, you're right, my mistake.
The gates are partly so perfect together that I only noticed it at a closer look.
No, no GSX and the SODE gates are still switched off via the configurator.
I think I need a stronger pair of glasses 🙂

Looks like it has to be

Wolfgang

Looks like the Configurator's got a flaw. 
Although I hadn't activated SODE yet, as you can see on the pictures above, double Jetways were visible.
For testing purposes I first removed the files from SODE and no more double jetways were visible.

Unfortunately, the standard jetways now have clear errors at some gates, like wrong docking, or the wheels sink into the ground instead of lowering the bridge.

I copied back the previously removed SODE files and activated SODE in the configuration menu.

No double jetways and they docked to the plane as they should.

The configuration menu does something strange with SODE.

Check the box for SODE, press the "Accept" button and close the configurator.

The next time you open it, you won't see the check mark for SODE, so you don't know if SODE or the standard Jetways are active.

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't had double jetways and SODE was activated (and fully functional) from the beginning. Even before starting the config tool the first time. 

But I can confirm your findings about the "amnesia" the tool have.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

Wrong autogen-buildings are detected and solved: they belong to PrealSoft HD cities Genenva. Without this addon everything is okay.

mfg Kai

Maybe the one you have posted, but not the others. I do not have Prealsoft and still have a lot of misplaced autogen.

Hi there,

One thing to check if the LSGG terrain appears wrong.

I thought I'd disabled all my addon mesh scenery for this area but it still didn't look quite right.

I finally found that this was due to the file dem0601.bgl in Prepar3Dv4/Scenery/0601/Scenery having been backed up as dem0601.bg_ and replaced by a larger version of the file.

I suspect this was done by the installation program for Pilots FSGlobal (can anyone confirm that?).

Restoring the original version of the file made LSGG look as it should from the screenshots though I'm not sure what side effects might occur. There was, presumably, a reason for the replacement. Probably replacing the default mesh with a more accurate one.

Anyway I'm enjoying the airport but can confirm that Geneva Pro does not respond well to add-on meshes (including Switzerland Pro)!

All the best,

John

• Deputy Sheriffs
41 minutes ago, John Burgess said:

Hi there,

One thing to check if the LSGG terrain appears wrong.

I thought I'd disabled all my addon mesh scenery for this area but it still didn't look quite right.

I finally found that this was due to the file dem0601.bgl in Prepar3Dv4/Scenery/0601/Scenery having been backed up as dem0601.bg_ and replaced by a larger version of the file.

I suspect this was done by the installation program for Pilots FSGlobal (can anyone confirm that?).

Restoring the original version of the file made LSGG look as it should from the screenshots though I'm not sure what side effects might occur. There was, presumably, a reason for the replacement. Probably replacing the default mesh with a more accurate one.

Anyway I'm enjoying the airport but can confirm that Geneva Pro does not respond well to add-on meshes (including Switzerland Pro)!

All the best,

John

What date had this larger file?

FSGlobal shouldn’t replace any original files. I have FSGUX, will check later.

But maybe it was switzerland pro?

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies.

On my machine the larger file is 156,710kb dated 09/07/2016.

The original file is the 81,287kb file dated 24/05/2017. I guess the earlier date is because I tend to just update the client on P3D so haven't updated scenery for a while.

The reason I think FS Global might have done this is that the same thing has happened in all the other scenery folders so whatever did it must have been a global upgrade - as far as I know FSG is the only global mesh I've installed.

All the best,

John

Archived