Antarctica X Airac problem

trisho0

I have Aerosoft Antarctica X installed in FSX and also in P3Dv4.5 with AIRAC 1912.

Loaded and the FMC from 737-800 aircraft says NZIR "Not In Database".

Does any Pilot here what data to enter in AIRAC? I don't mind to enter data again for the next AIRAC.

16 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As these are not standard airline destinations they will not be in the databases. Keep in mind these databases only contain the airports that are important for the customers of these databases.

So, how to tell FMC to go to NZIR airport? Let's say I am in NZCH airport and then I want to take off and landing in NZIR, how to program FMC accordingly? I will be lost in  the planet.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, trisho0 said:

So, how to tell FMC to go to NZIR airport? Let's say I am in NZCH airport and then I want to take off and landing in NZIR, how to program FMC accordingly? I will be lost in  the planet.

A missing entry for NZIR in the FMC database you're using is not an issue with the scenery, it's an omission by the database provider. Any RL airline serving it (and I don't see anything scheduled by a search) would almost certainly have to have a special authorization from their national air safety organization and use special procedures that aren't in the commonly available databases that sim database providers use. Therefore, nothing for NavData Pro or Navigraph to latch onto. For example, there are no charts for it in Navigraph, which you already may have discovered. You'll need to go to the FMC database provider's support website for further assistance with it missing in the database. Because of the unusual nature of the airport, it's likely to be difficult to find someone who knows how to code it in and able to walk you through it, but it's sure worth a try.

An alternative is to learn how to enter a lat/lon destination in the FMS and do it that way.

• Aerosoft

By coincidence I know a pilot who flies these kinds of airports and I called him yesterday. His reply was: "Like we did it before FMC's, just navigate there. You know, like a real pilot. NDB. VOR and compass."
He ranted on a bit about sissy pilots who can't fly anymore but we'll ignore that, lol.

Fact is, even a flight simmer should know how to get somewhere without FMC and GPS. It's very educational and even fun. 

I was reading this thread and very interesting and well detailed. But, I remember when I first installed AES Antarctica X years ago I was be able to fly ILS via FMC from NZCH to NZIR. I don't remember what AIRAC was in that time. Does anyone know what AIRAC number was it when AES Antarctica was first released? I can give a try since then.

21 minutes ago, mopperle said:

The scenery was released in 2015. But as there is no access to old cycles (except you have stored them all) it want help much.

I see .. if I reinstall the AES Antarctica X again, will be installed the AIRAC as needed in order to land in ILS on NZIR?

6 hours ago, mopperle said:

The scenery was not delivered with an AIRAC, so installing the old scenery wouldnt make sense.

OK, I understand. As time ago the VHHX we used to find the database info to add it in AIRAC files, can we find the info for NZIR? Actually, AIRAC supports VHHX. For the NZIR not yet so far.

maybe you could use TACAN "ZFX" (McMurdo) as a destination an from there navigate to the NZIR ILS (is there an ILS in real live or is it just a little helper in FS?)

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, data63 said:

maybe you could use TACAN "ZFX" (McMurdo) as a destination an from there navigate to the NZIR ILS (is there an ILS in real live or is it just a little helper in FS?)

I will give a try with ZFX and come back here.

Edit: I loaded FSX and also P3Dv4.5 and none be able to show me ZFX or NZFX Do I need to install another scenery?

I flew from NZCH to NZFX and after landed I found the arrival was in NZIR and not the NZFX. It looks like the AIRAC has the NZFX database but not the NZIR.

The sim FSX and P3Dv4 doesn't have NZFX scenery. So, the solution for now is to setup FMC entering NZFX as the arrival but we land in NZIR.

Any ideas?

• 1 year later...

I've had a bug happen with the Leonardo Maddog X, P3dV4.5. I could not enter a route in FSM from SAWH to SCGC, as that froze the sim or gave fps in the single digits. Distance between MBI and SCGC came out as 88000nm. 

Upon reporting a bug with Leonardo we came to the conclusion that the airac data of SCGC was wrong.

<documents>\Maddog X Files\Navdata\wpNavAPT.txt  has, after installation of Antarctica, the following values on SCGC:

GLACIAR UNION SCGC18 09843180-999.000000-999.000000000.0018002461
GLACIAR UNION SCGC36 09843000-999.000000-999.000000000.0000002461

This should be:

GLACIAR UNION SCGC18 09843180-79.777778 -83.320833000.0018002461
GLACIAR UNION SCGC36 09843000-79.777778 -83.320833000.0000002461

I fixed it by running navigraph update, overwriting the faulty data. Of course, one could also manually change this via the numbers above.

I can confirm that the faulty data comes from the Antarctica pack. (re)Installing it gives the faulty data back in said file.

Note this for me came up for the Leonardo Maddog, but I suspect this happens with other addons able to use airac data too.

18 hours ago, Tobus said:

Upon reporting a bug with Leonardo we came to the conclusion that the airac data of SCGC was wrong

AIRAC 2102 doesn't have SCGC so not flyable for me to give a try.

Archived