Wind Data Crash to Desktop

aaflyboy777

A new problem just started to happen.  When I load the WIND DATA in the FMGS it crashes the sim.  This just started to happen after the last update.  I uninstalled and reinstalled with no fix.  Please help with any other ideas.

Jeremy

2 hours ago, aaflyboy777 said:

A new problem just started to happen.  When I load the WIND DATA in the FMGS it crashes the sim.  This just started to happen after the last update.  I uninstalled and reinstalled with no fix.  Please help with any other ideas.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy,

1. Which Airbus is this (A318, A319, A320, A321) are you experiencing this issue with?

2. Which revision (update) of the Airbus are you running?  You can find this information in the ASUpdater program.

Please login to display this image.

3. What are you using for weather / wind data (a PMDG file or Flight Plan loaded into ActiveSky)? 

4. Please open the file  you're using (identified in Step 3 above) and ensure the same waypoints and that they are in the same order (it's probably not this, but always best to check).

5. Which source do you have selected for Weather in MCDU#3?

6. Also, please ensure that your weather engine (example: Active Sky) and P3D are both being run "As Admin".  It's important to double check this because every once in a while a Windows 10 Update will change program permissions.

7. What is the type of CTD error and which faulty module is called out in the Event Viewer?

If the above doesn't resolve things for you then we'll have to dig in a little deeper.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this happen with all flight plans, or only with a certain one?

I've only had one CTD loading the wind so far.
The reason was a waypoint in the flight plan with 10 characters.
When I corrected it the loading was no problem anymore.
Check your flight plan (FSC, Simbrief, ....) and also check the flight plan in AS. If you find an error in AS, just delete it.

A missing waypoint has no influence on the weather display.

Wolfgang

• 2 weeks later...

Archived