Simbrief flight plan data

Captain Fred97

I use Simbrief as my flight planning site, but was wondering when I import a flight plan in my Airbus' fms, what data am I really loading into the fms? I checked both the Simbrief forum and their help system but did not find any information on what data/information is actually loaded into the aircraft. Does anyone know what data is loaded? I also noticed that the zfw and weights for my A319 differ from the ones calculated in the Aerosoft fuel planner.

Do these weights from Simbrief actually load into the flight plan? I have been using the fuel planner and generating a loadsheet to get as accurate figures as I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Simbrief .flp file only has the route planned on Simbrief (It's a text file, you can open it in a text editor and see what's inside). For fuel and load put the numbers from Simbrief into the Aerosoft FuelPlanner.

2 hours ago, Captain Fred97 said:

I use Simbrief as my flight planning site, but was wondering when I import a flight plan in my Airbus' fms, what data am I really loading into the fms? I checked both the Simbrief forum and their help system but did not find any information on what data/information is actually loaded into the aircraft. Does anyone know what data is loaded? I also noticed that the zfw and weights for my A319 differ from the ones calculated in the Aerosoft fuel planner.

Do these weights from Simbrief actually load into the flight plan? I have been using the fuel planner and generating a loadsheet to get as accurate figures as I can. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Data from SimBrief or most any third party flight plan generating software only provided the Route and if you choose it will also provide the Departure and Arrival Runways, SIDs and STARs.  That's it.  You can use the PAX, Cargo and Fuel  calculations and add them manually in MCDU#3 or even manually add them to the Aerosoft Fuel Planner.

Since much of this seems new to you (hey, we all start somewhere), you may wish to consider making some Connected Flight Deck flights with one of our CFD Captains.  I'm not sure if I recommended this to your recently or if it was someone else, but CFD allows you to work closely with an experienced pilot who can cover all this and a LOT more while y you work together in the same aircraft in real time.  There is no better way to learn all of this stuff.

For more information on Fuel Planing and Programming, please see my post below:

Best wishes.

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. No I'm not new to flight simming I go back a long time to Microsoft's flight simulator 2000, 2004, etc even to FSX. I have been using XPlane 11, the graphics are great but it's so sterile, no atc, and the addons are not very good.

Anyway, I was think about the various flight planners. I have PFPX, but find that a bit too much when I plan my short flights--under threes hours usually from my home airport of KDTW (have flown out of it many times) to others nearby, KORD, KCVG, KMBS, KMSP, etc. you get the idea. I was thinking about Simbrief and the performance data that it provides. So the OFP data would be entered by the pilot into the fms by hand. Too bad it doesn't also enter that data with the saved flight plan. Sooooo, it's just the route of the flight, runways and SID's and STAR's and other performance data is optional. Ok thanks again and CAVU.

1 hour ago, Captain Fred97 said:

Too bad it doesn't also enter that data with the saved flight plan. So, it's just the route of the flight, runways and SID's and STAR's and other performance data is optional.

It's something that we may look at doing down the road, but for now it doesn't.  That said, so long as you set up an aircraft template for the Airbus (see my referenced post above) what you can do is then enter the PAX, Cargo and Fuel data from Simbrief into the Airbus Fuel Planner and select Generate Loadsheet.  Once you're in the aircraft, you can easily load those values into the aircraft with one click of the mouse.

I understand you've been simming for a while, but unless I miss my guess you're either very new to the Airbus and/or IFR flight planning for airliners and possibly airliner type operations.  Regardless, Connected Flight Deck / Shared Cockpit compresses learning curves by a factor of 20 to 50 times and  you just can't beat it for bringing someone up to speed on aircraft, operations, flight/fuel planning, and just about everything related to these matters.

A few months ago I took a group of 8 very experienced flight simmers (they truly were) and worked with them to qualify them as Aerosoft Connected Flight Deck Captains.  Despite them being very experienced flight simmers, we practically doubled their Flight Sim (non-Airbus) level of knowledge for many of them in only two weeks.  My point is that one rarely knows what they don't know!

More than learning, I promise you that you'll never have a more enjoyable flight sim experience than flying Connected Flight Deck (CFD).  I have over 8000 hours in CFD in the Airbus and Shared Cockpit in the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Professional, Leonardo MD-80 Maddog Professional,  and another Airliner, it's the BOMB!

By the way, if you're not already familiar with it, SunSkyJet has KDTW in Open Beta, but you can still obtain the scenery from them by making a small donation - it's worth it!  I've been doing closed Beta For SunSkyJet for many years and the scenery is really something!  In fact, my VATSIM flight last night was a Beta Test for the Aerosoft A330 Professional and I flew from KDTW to KMEM during some pretty bad weather.  Real world I always worked to avoid bad weather, but us Flight Simmers love nothing better than seeking out the worst possible weather to fly in... we're crazy that way!  Anyway, loved the flight!

Best wishes!

Hi Dave, thank you for the nice reply. Yes I have many years of flight simming but the freeware aircraft I used were not anything close to Aerosoft's Professional bundle. Yes, I have the beta of SunSkyJet's great KDTW, which is my home airport  on P3d and in real life. I will consider doing the connected flight deck soon. I have tried the Dash 8-Q400, quite an aircraft to fly solo! In the old FSX, before I switched to P3D version 1, I used the Airbus family from Francois Dore, very well done freeware aircraft but not close to the Aerosoft Pro bundle. I will set up a profile on Simbrief for the A319 and try it I think the data on Simbrief is more accurate with the pax load, cargo load, etc. By the way, I do like flying on the MD 88, I have flown several times out of Detroit Metro. It's still a great aircraft, don't like the rj's like crj 200, never flown of a crj 700 or 900 yet. I do switch between XPlane 11 and fly the Zibo Mod 737-800. Now that is almost a PMDG level aircraft. I do like the graphics in XPlane but some of the addon's are lacking. I do have quite a few such as xplane chatter( atc chatter), world traffic 3 for ai traffic but again, they don't function as well as their counterparts in P3Dv4. About bad weather, yes! Have had some rough real world flights but nothing like in flight simming.

Any way, thanks again and I will reread and consider doing the CFD.

Archived