DAVE and aircraft state, Part ?

Hi Hans,

Sorry for kicking in months later, but after quite a long time of not using this bird I just updated my CRJ only a few days ago (I'm still on FSXA) and tumbled over the same issue as @Tobus did in July. And as he did, I checked different configurations and scenarios.

A-- Just loaded a cold&dark flight:

1. After saving a previous flight in a fully cold&dark state (no external generator and Battery Master OFF), it comes up after a reboot of the sim with presets I didn't made myself (DAVE had been not used so far). 
    * MASTER CAUTION: ON
    * DC-Service: ON
    * BAT MASTER: ON
    * ISOL: CLSD
    * BLEED SOURCE: BOTH ENG 
    * EXTERNAL LIGHTS: NAV, BEACON, LOGO = ON
  2. The APU starts normal       
  3. Any attempt starting the engines fails
  4. Asking DAVE for setting up the plane to be ready for engine start leads to the never ending message: "Engines shutting down. Please wait..."

B-- Same scenario as before, but nothing done before switching on DAVE and selecting "Ready for Engine Start".

C-- After nothing happens, loading the default C172 (it loads with active 2D-panel) and starting its engine, back to the CRJ7 (running engines):

1. Asking DAVE for Cold & Dark --> Okay (everything is dark)
  2.  Asking DAVE for Ready for Engines Start --> Completed (however, MASTER WARNING & MASTER CAUTION are both illuminated)
  3. Starting #2 --> OK

D-- Any scenario works when having loaded a default bird before booting the CRJ.

E-- Any history before works as well, when

1. asking DAVE to be ready for taxiing,
  2. then asking first for Cold & Dark and then
  3. for "Ready for Engine Start" or setting the bird up manually.

I think I got it all. I can live with the last work flow, however, there must be a bug somewhere.

Best regards

• Developer

I could reproduce it. It happens when you select cold&dark, turnaround or ready for engine start while the engines are already starting but are not fully started. I made a little change that fixes the issue. I will be available in the upcoming bugfix update.

Archived