P3Dv4 Addons messed up since Frankfurt Professional installation

scotth6

Hi,

The other day I purchased Frankfurt Professional.  Last night I installed it.  At the end of the installation a window popped up and said something like "can not write to add-ons.cfg".  When I ran the configurator tool for EDDF it had an option to "Register the scenery".  I clicked on that.  The next time I opened P3Dv4 it started asking to enable every addon I had, even though they were previously enabled.  I shut down P3Dv4 and checked the add-ons.cfg files, and found that Frankfurt had been given a number 1 but was in the position where it should have been 151.  I changed that to 151.  When I opened P3Dv4 again I was asked to enable more addons, but there weren't many more so I just did that.  After running ORBX Central, and manually fixing the number order of the corrupted add-ons.cfg files everything seemed to be working.

Then I tried to load the Aerosoft Airbus, but I couldn't find that.  It seems that it has been removed from the addons, but P3Dv4 is not asking for it to be enabled when it is started.   I also think the other addons located in the Documents/Aerosoft folder are not activated.  Strange also that I could not find a backup for the file(s) that the Frankfurt installer or configurator altered.

Cheers,

Using only Notepad++, place the entries below into the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg file and re-number the "Package" field to the next sequential number in the list of addons.  Then change the Path to reflect where you installed the Airbus Professional.

[Package.XX]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.XX]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

That should sort you out.

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the quick and very helpful response.

I would be curious as to how the add-ons.cfg file(s) got messed up throught the Frankfurt activation.

Cheers,

24 minutes ago, scotth6 said:

Thanks Dave, I appreciate the quick and very helpful response.

I would be curious as to how the add-ons.cfg file(s) got messed up throught the Frankfurt activation.

Cheers,

There are several possibilities, all that are specific to how you did things or how the last addon installed before Frankfury and I would need a very specific blow by blow to know, and even then it would be a guess. I recently re-installed P3D and all addons including Frankfurt Pro and I had no issues whatsoever.

Now that your addon.cfg is sequential I don't think you'll have further problems.

OK.  Thanks Dave.  I have added the Airbuses and Cologne back manually, so I will just add other things back if there is anything else affected.  There doesn't seem to be as far as I can see.

I appreciate the assistance.

Cheers,

Archived