Orbx Vegetation esp Trees (Lukla Everest Autogen)

xxd09

It maybe of interest to know  that when I updated my P3Dv4.5 to Hotfix2 that I lost a lot of my Orbyx vegetation density esp Trees

I was flying in the Washington area-Israel’s Farm WA56 etc

On a suggestion fro the Orbyx P3Dv4 board I tried disabling Aerosoft Lukla Everest-latest installation 

This restored my Orbyx Scenery density to previous levels

xxd09

Thanks for prompt reply

Any thoughts on remedies for the average flight simmer who enjoys both products but is rather disconcerted at having to find out  incompatibilities the hard and expensive way !

Probably the price we all have to pay for fast moving /developing programs?

xxd09

36 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Thanks for prompt reply

Any thoughts on remedies for the average flight simmer who enjoys both products but is rather disconcerted at having to find out  incompatibilities the hard and expensive way !

Probably the price we all have to pay for fast moving /developing programs?

xxd09

I would think that so long as you have Aerosoft Lukla Everest properly added via the XML method, you could keep it disabled using something like P3D Add-on Organizer) until you intend to fly to Lukla.  Enabling and Disabling scenery using the P3D Add-on Organizer is too easy, and many people do this already especially with grouped scenery.

Give that a try and if you issues please let us know.

Best wishes!

Thanks for that

Disabling Lukla via P3D v4 Menu Bar/Options/Add-ons  does not do it for my setup

If I add .off  to the Lukla file in the P3Dv4.5 AddOns  in Documents-then all is good .Clumsy but works for me

xxd09

PS Lordy might be a way to go?

1 minute ago, xxd09 said:

Thanks for that

Disabling Lukla via P3D v4 Menu Bar/Options/Add-ons  does not do it for my setup

If I add .off  to the Lukla file in the P3Dv4.5 AddOns  in Documents-then all is good .Clumsy but works for me

xxd09

PS Lordy might be a way to go?

Yeah, that's who makes the P3AO I mentioned to you.  I don't have the scenery, so I don't know if the Autogen is in it's own folder or with the other scenery files, but either way it should be easy to set it up.  If you need help just let me know, and provide a screen shot of the folders and files for me.

Best wishes!

Lorby_SI  the P3AO you mention does not seem very happy with Orbx Central which I now use

Advises not using his product at the moment if Orbx Central installed

Will hang fire till he worlds out what to do

xxd09

2 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Lorby_SI  the P3AO you mention does not seem very happy with Orbx Central which I now use

Advises not using his product at the moment if Orbx Central installed

Will hang fire till he worlds out what to do

xxd09

Isn't that just for manipulating ORBX scenery. And I dont believe it applies unless you have one of the regional scenery installed. Can you verify?

As a relative amateur I read the latest posts on the Lorby_SI board at Avsim before installation 

The posts put me off -I think that an update is in the works

xxd09

Post is by Jean-Claude “Using P4A0 with new Orbx Centre v4”

Honestly all us developers involved were a bit dumbstruck finding out the had way that P3D doesn't deal with those entries as explained in the SDK. But I can understand your frustration.

For Lukla it's not a biggie. I'm hoping to get an update done by next week that doesn't need those entries. It will be tiny little bit harder on performance because the AGN technique cannot be use for some objects. But that should be a small price to pay to have everything working as it should.

In the meanwhile there's a temporary fix if you are familiar with file management: Go to your Lukla installation folder. There's an "autogen" subfolder that contains a file called "default.xml". Remove that (best to a temporary folder somewhere else - just in case).

This will remove some of the stupas and rocks scattered in the lower valley around Lukla itself, but I will add them again anyway as XML placements (which are a little harder on performance as initially mentioned).

Bests,

Sascha

As a relative amateur I read the latest posts on the Lorby_SI board at Avsim before installation 

The posts put me off -I think that an update is in the works

xxd09

Thanks for that-did the business-await the update

xxd09

Archived