What happened to Rotterdam Professional P3Dv4?

Jackson5

It has been on the previews of unreleased products forum  for a while, and now it has vanished.

No trace, no announcement, nothing. Very disappointing.Have been waiting for it for a long time.....

Please tell us what is going on?

Regards,

JB

Thanks for your answer Matthijs.

That is a real big bummer. Was so hoping for this airport (live very close by)...

Let's hope he will step up to the task again....

I know about the NL2000 version JarredP, but that has not been completely updated for v4.5 yet,so I'd rather wait....

34 minutes ago, JarredP said:

You can always check NL2000's version in the meanwhile, it's reaaly nice.

Careful... CAREFUL, CARFUL!!!

NL2000 installations are pretty much one way, and at least with some NL2000 scenery you will not be able to fully uninstall them and therefore you won't be able to install a payware scenery for the same airport without serious issues that will prevent you from using a payware replacement - not without uninstalling and removing P3D.  I had this happen, reached out for support to NL2000 and only got cricket sounds in return.

So long as you do NOT allow their installers to overwrite any default P3D files (Scenery/World and/or Scenery/Global, I don't recall which) then you should be okay, but one has to be VERY careful.

Don't stress Dave. NL2000 has a phenomenal installer/uninstaller application that works flawlessly. If only all installers were like this, nobody would have any issues.

54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I share your disappointment. The developer (it was not an internal development) however told us he will not complete this product and currently I have no replacement.

That is bad news indeed :(

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, JarredP said:

Don't stress Dave. NL2000 has a phenomenal installer/uninstaller application that works flawlessly. If only all installers were like this, nobody would have any issues.

Then that is pretty recent because a while back some default files were overwritten and not backed up.

Archived