GCLA La Palma ocean textures blank

Ray Proudfoot

I have v1.02 of La Palma which has been tweaked for P3D v4. The attached JPG shows the problem of some ocean textures missing. Does anyone else see this and if so is there a fix?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ray,

as you are using the FSX/FSX:SE/P3Dv3 version of La Palma in P3Dv4 I will move your topic out from the support area of the forum into the general discussion area. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ray,

sorry, I always take the product page for orientation about the supported simulators and version. I have just checked my shop account and it also still says 1.01 although you are getting 1.02 downloaded. 

Just sent a notice to AS to get the version numbers updated everywhere.

This changes of course my initial statement, as this version quite obviously is supposed to support P3Dv4. Sorry for the confusion. I will move the topic back.

Hi Ray, I had a similar issue some time ago - but this occured to all islands and coasts (Mallorca, Hawaii, West USA - surroundig was that what you show); I then sorted my ORBX files (Vector and LC) to the original sorting - as the current ones were dissorted by the new ORBX Central. After that, everything was ok. In case this does not help, I would then disable GCLA in Vector. 

That's at the moment my only idea.

Best regards

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your post. As far as I can see it's only La Palma that is affected. I have MKS Tenerife and that's okay as are Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza. I don't have Vector so that can't be the issue. And my ORBX entries in Addon Organizer are below the various airport entries.

Ultimately it's not a huge problem but I would like to fix it if possible since it does appear related to the La Palma addon.

Hello, Ray,

I had a similar display problem between Fuerteventura and Lanzarote (MK-Studios).

After reinstalling the tip "SODE" the problem was fixed. I'm not a PC expert and

I still don't know why Sode caused the problem.

Greeting Helmut

Hallo Ray,

ich hatte ein ähnliches Darstellungsproblem zwischen Fuerteventura und Lanzarote (MK-Studios).

Nach dem Tip „SODE“ neu zu installieren war das Problem behoben. Bin kein PC-Experte und

weiß bis heute nicht warum Sode das Problem verursacht hatte.

Gruß Helmut

Hi Helmut,

Reinstalling SODE would be an unusual way of fixing the problem. I might look at disabling one BGL file at a time in the GCLA scenery folder as one of them does appear to be responsible. If that doesn't work then I'll try the SODE option, thanks.

I've discovered the file responsible for this problem. It's cvxLA PALMA EXCLUDE.BGL. With it present and no other cvx*.bgl files present in the GCLA\scenery folder this is the result. Could Aerosoft ask the developer to comment on this please and perhaps issue a corrected file? The area extends too far to the north and east. If it can be corrected the problem will disappear.

Please login to display this image.

Bit disappointing there's been no response from Aerosoft regarding this problem. The coordinates of the exclude file clearly extend further than they should.

If you would like to send me a PM with the address of the author I'm happy to discuss it with him. Alternatively perhaps you could contact him and he can reply here.

• Aerosoft

Ray, as you will have noticed this is not a problem for the many many customers of this product. At this moment you are the only one in fact. 

I have informed the project manager and when the product will be overhauled I am sure this will be sorted out. 

Archived