Jump to content
djspatrick

P3D Crash to Desktop When Refuelling Completes

Recommended Posts

Hi Friends,

 

I was seeing some strange behaviour - bouncing VDEV symbol, checklists items being read out at strange times - just a mixture of weird stuff.  I decided to do a clean reinstall of the A318-A321 packages using the correct procedures.  I then ran the updater.

 

Now, at the precise moment that the GSX refuelling completes, P3D crashes to Desktop.  I see the spinning cursor then the desktop.  Event viewer says KERNEL.DLL so I clean reinstalled my graphics drivers but it didn't cure the problem.  

 

It happens on the A319, A320, A321 at various airports and always at the exact moment the refuelling completes.

 

I'll ask over on the GSX forum, but I wondered if you guys know of a specific software condition that occurs at the moment refuelling completes that could trigger a CTD.

 

Thanks all and best regards,

 

Dave.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djspatrick said:

Hi Friends,

 

I was seeing some strange behaviour - bouncing VDEV symbol, checklists items being read out at strange times - just a mixture of weird stuff.  I decided to do a clean reinstall of the A318-A321 packages using the correct procedures.  I then ran the updater.

 

Now, at the precise moment that the GSX refuelling completes, P3D crashes to Desktop.  I see the spinning cursor then the desktop.  Event viewer says KERNEL.DLL so I clean reinstalled my graphics drivers but it didn't cure the problem.  

 

It happens on the A319, A320, A321 at various airports and always at the exact moment the refuelling completes.

 

I'll ask over on the GSX forum, but I wondered if you guys know of a specific software condition that occurs at the moment refuelling completes that could trigger a CTD.

 

Thanks all and best regards,

 

Dave.

 

 


Dave,

 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues.

 

Did you enable Experimental Updates in the AS Updater?  If not, please do so.  If you're still having issues after that, then it's very likely a GSX issue. We had a customer some time back report something remotely similar to what you've reported, and he sought assistance from FSDT for GSX and later reported the issue was resolved.

 

Regarding the Checklist items... this may be resolved for you by the Experimental update, but Hanse is the expert in this area (I don't use the checklist function).

 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave,

 

Yes - experimental updates are enabled for all products.

I'll do some more troubleshooting when I get back to my PC.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

 

Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, djspatrick said:

Hi Dave,

 

Yes - experimental updates are enabled for all products.

I'll do some more troubleshooting when I get back to my PC.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

 

Dave.

 

You're most welcome!

 

I forgot to address the VDEV symbol changing when it shouldn't.  It's a known bug slated to be resolved in the future, likely when we implement a new VNAV for the A320 Series.

 

I'll leave the thread open to await feedback from you on the Fuel Loading CTD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

No-one has replied to my post on the GSX forum.  I noticed, however that my product versions are different.  From the updater:

 

Product Name: Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: D:\addons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

Installed version: 1.2.5.3
No updates available for this product!

 

Product Name: Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: D:\addons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional

Installed version: 1.2.5.2
No updates available for this product!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djspatrick said:

Hi All,

 

No-one has replied to my post on the GSX forum.  I noticed, however that my product versions are different.  From the updater:

 

Product Name: Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: D:\addons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

Installed version: 1.2.5.3
No updates available for this product!

 

Product Name: Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional for Prepar3D v4.x

Add-on Path: D:\addons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional

Installed version: 1.2.5.2
No updates available for this product!

 

We are aware of the issue. It doesn't affect the version of the product, you have 1.2.5.3.

 

Sorry to hear that nobody has got back to you on the GSX forum.  I checked their GSX forum and didn't see a post with the issue that you've mentioned, I figured I would bump it for you.  Have a link?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been able to re-create this, so please close.

I will put it down to a dodgy Windows issue. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...