Wrong startup Cold and Dark

Hi everyone
At the Moment i try to learn to handle the CRJ correct.
If i enter the Cockpit i`m using the EFB to set my Cockpit in Cold and Dark mode.
Now the "but`s"…
1.) DC Service and Battery Master Switch is still in ON (after Cold and dark) / Is that correct?
Problem: if i activate the Groundpower unit with EFB the Status AC / Power AVAIL will not illuminate. If i press the Button "in use" will activate.System works propper at every time.... If i disengage Ground Power it works correct AVAIL will illuminate.
2.) For Startup the engines i have to press the L or R Engine Start. After 20% N1 i have to move the Lever from Shutdown in iDLE. The Lever are still in IDLE Position before i press the start Button because the Cold and Dark Mode do not affect this. Or not?
3.) GEN Switches not in off (allways in Auto)
4.) TAXI Light Switch on but only the Lights for  Landing outboard Lights will turn on. The nose taxi light will be off (handling mistake by me but i don`t no what happened)
5.) I`m using a multimonitor Setup: If i undock the PFD Display and move it to my second Display everything is ok but if a Change the size (bigger) of this Display P3D will Freeze and a CTD happened (P3d v4.3) 

On 4.11.2019 at 08:08, Detlef Krueger sagte:

Problem: if i activate the Groundpower unit with EFB the Status AC / Power AVAIL will not illuminate. I

Well, this is an never ending story, or a running gag. Depends on the point of view 🙂
Hans knows this and he and users have tried to help him with the troubleshooting, but a real solution has not been found yet.

Because this error occurs arbitrarily and cannot be reproduced just like that.

Note that the CRJ and also the Airbus are always tuned to the current P3Dv4 version, currently P3Dv4.5 Hotfix2 .
With this you could get some bugs that others don't see or don't see anymore.

There is a better way in the FMS to make sure that the CRJ starts in Cold & Dark.
Select Cold & Dark there.

Please login to display this image.

Under 1 you can cycle thru the different states you want to have if the Aircraft is loaded.

Under 3 you can save your own Panel State

Under 2 you see your own Panel states for preselecting

If still some switches are not as you want them to be, just save your own Cold & Dark and you can easily edit them yourself.

1 + 2 +3. No, should be off (see above, you can set yourself)

Wolfgang

On 11/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, Hoffie3000 said:

Under 1 you can cycle thru the different states you want to have if the Aircraft is loaded.

Under 3 you can save your own Panel State

Under 2 you see your own Panel states for preselecting

If still some switches are not as you want them to be, just save your own Cold & Dark and you can easily edit them yourself.

1 + 2 +3. No, should be off (see above, you can set yourself)

Wolfgang

The problem is that you can’t really create a true custom “cold and dark” panel state, because the aircraft has to be powered to access the MCDU menu, and will save in the powered state.

In fact, you have to compromise.

It would be better if you could find your own C&D (2) under "Default State"(1) and select it, then you would start it directly in your own saved D&C mode.

Wolfgang

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , JRBarrett sagte:

The problem is that you can’t really create a true custom “cold and dark” panel state, because the aircraft has to be powered to access the MCDU menu, and will save in the powered state.

You can always use the menu in DAVE to set the state. It's independent from the aircraft's electrical system and works even with the battery off.

4 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

You can always use the menu in DAVE to set the state. It's independent from the aircraft's electrical system and works even with the battery off.

Ah! I had forgotten about that. I know in the upcoming Pro version, Dave will be retiring and moving to a villa in Ibiza, to be replaced by an EFB. Hopefully that functionality will exist there too.

Jim Barrett

Archived