Flying with ATC or FMS in P3Dv4

Captain Fred97

Now that I have some experience in flying the Aerosoft Pro aircraft and experiencing the oddities of the MCDU/FMS I was wondering how many use the fms or atc in their flights? Is there a way to use both successfully? I tried in a short flight and the fms had a meltdown.

What would the assembled multitude suggest? Forget atc and go with the fms or something else.

1 hour ago, Captain Fred97 said:

oddities

Oddities?   I know of zero oddities.  To what are you referring?

I was wondering how many use the fms or atc in their flights?

You should always use both.  Default ATC does not handle SIDs and STARs, but that should not stop you from using the FMGS.

I tried in a short flight and the fms had a meltdown.

Never, not ever happens to me.

What would the assembled multitude suggest?

Again, BOTH!

Also, why no start flying on a realism based network like VATSIM or IVAO.   You'll learn a heck of a lot more, and not have to break a million bad habits learned by using default ATC.

Also, have you completed the tutorial flight a few times?

2 hours ago, Captain Fred97 said:

Ok thank you for the comment. Oddities of the Airbus as stated in the volume 8 of the documentation. I am coming from the Boeing 737 in XPlane 11.

Well, in the future please try and write in a manner that doesn't suggest or imply that our product has oddities - I'm sure that got a number of people's attention - LOL!

While I know now that you were speaking about Airbus in general when compared to Boeing aircraft.  Once you understand the Boeing and Airbus Design Philosophies, most questions in that regard are answered.

Anyway, I can understand a little better what you perspective is and therefore what you meant to say in your post.  Many thanks for clarifying!

Archived