Static aircraft at Bergamo

How can I remove the static aircraft from Bergamo seen below?

Not really sure why they are showing since I already have the 'Draw parked aircraft' option in X-Plane unchecked. Since I do all my flying online on VATSIM, I don't want any static aircraft models since it becomes quite confusing to know what aircraft around you are "fake" static models and which are other online aircraft.

This is what the documentation says about static aircraft which suggests I shouldn't see the models below when I don't have that option checked.

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello Richard,

this are two Airliners objects direct programmed from the developers into the scenery.

With the X-Plane 11 function "Draw parked aircrafts" you cannot change them.

But you can edit the scenery with the World Editor (WED) and make them unvisible.

The two airliners have the object name "jet_c_aza.obj" and "heavy_d.obj".

The WED you get here:

https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/

Greets Heinz

Thanks Heinz, I'll give it a shot and see if I can figure out how to do that.

I see hard-coded static aircraft quite often. Would very much appreciate if you could forward to the developers you're working with to stop hard-coding static aircraft models into their products. Really messes things up for online flyers such as myself. Especially when the static models are big aircraft using up actual gates or parking stands.

• Administrator

Hello Richard,

yes this we have done several times for different developers :)

You are right... for online flights hardcoded aircrafts are not good....

If you need help with the WED post it ....

Greets Heinz

Well, I guess the first step is to find the files you are referring to. And I can't find them as mentioned in my last post. So if you could tell me where these files are, that would be great.

As for WED, I guess I'll try to Google how to remove static aircraft using that tool. If you already know of a good tutorial or similar you could share, that would be awesome!

• Administrator

Hello Richard,

with the WED you can make them invisible. So you must not delete them.

Please make a backup of your bergamo before you do the following things!

The WED you get here:

Download it and extract it.

You can use the included "WorldEditor.exe" directly (without installing).

Then at first choose your X-Plane 11 main directory (not the Custom Scenery Folder).

Then the WED will show all the installed airports.

Then find "Aerosoft - Bergamo-LIME".

Click on it and then click on "OPEN".

In the new window goto "File" and to "Import apt.dat".

Then find in the opened fileexplorer window the Bergamo airport from your Custom Scenery Folder.

Double click on Earth nav dat.

There double click on "apt.dat".

In the next window click on LIME Aerosoft Bergamo and then on the button "Import".

Then go again to the menu "File" and choose "import dsf".

In the opened window with the apt.dat Double Click on the folder "+40+000".

Then double click on the one dsf file (+45+009).

The loading can take some time. Please wait until the files are visible in the WED Window.

It shall look like the attachement.

I have collapsed the >Airport bergamo and the >Exclusion Zones.

Now you see the two hardcoded airplanes. jet_c_aza.obj and heavy_d.obj

Left beside them you see a checkbox with an Eye.

Click on it until the Eye disappeared. The checkbox must be empty then.

Don't do anything in the big middle window with the airport scenery visible.

This would be change things .....!

Then goto the menu File and choose "Save".

Then goto the Menu File and choose "Export Scenery Pack".

If there comes up an Validatein Window with some issues, then choose "Waive warnings and proceed".

This is because of the newest WED for the older Airport (developed with an older WED).

Then close the window with the airport and then the small WED Window.

And then test with your X-Plane 11.

The Manual for the WED you find here:

https://developer.x-plane.com/manuals/wed/

Greets Heinz

wed-description.jpg

Wow Heinz! I didn't expect you to write a tutorial for me.

I followed the steps (except for downloading WED since I already had it on my disk) and it worked like a charm! The static models are now gone.

This I think would qualify as customer support de lux!

Thanks!!

Tonight, I thought I would give Calvi the same treatment but not really sure what I'm missing here.

I want to get rid of this static model

And even when I removed all objects related to static aircraft and the 3D objects related to this static aircraft model no longer are visible in WED as seen below, it still keeps showing up in X-Plane.

I do get this though when I choose the Export scenery pack option from the File menu. Didn't get that when I did the same thing for Bergamo yesterday. Maybe that is the problem?

You wrote this in your tutorial

On 11/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

If there comes up an Validatein Window with some issues, then choose "Waive warnings and proceed".

Not sure though how to do that since I don't see that option anywhere? Only the 'Dismiss & edit scenery' button which I already tried to no avail. I also tried to just close the window with the X in the upper, right corner but still same result...the static aircraft keeps showing up in X-Plane.

I do realize this might be a bit too much WED for your support forum. So I fully understand if you're not able to take it any further. Was just thinking if it's me missing something obvious.

• Administrator

Hello Richard,

yes, that is difficult ... if there is a "dismiss and edit.." button, then the WED cannot save the scenery if you don't edit and fix the problems....

But Calvi I think is made with a older version of WED.

So the "Waive warning ..." Button don't come up and with the newest WED you have to edit the airport.

But this is to difficult I think, and we must not do.

So try to use an older WED .

You can download it from the same page as mentioned above.

Try to use one of the "Older Versions".

Greets heinz

I actually started using an older version. 1.7 something if I remember correctly. Got the same result.

I then downloaded the latest version hoping it would fix the problem. No luck.

Oh well, at least I'm happy I got rid of some static aircraft.

• Administrator

Ok,

that is bad. 

What you as an alternate can do is to create an "object" exclusion zone (or more exclusion zones if neccessary to match the object best)  around the static aircraft (also with the WED) as a new "Airport" without an apt.dat.

Then export it as an separate dsf scenery (without an apt.dat) and with only this exclusion zones .

And put it above the Calvi airport folder in the Custom Scenery folder and the scenery_packs.ini file.

Ok, I have done it for calvi.

Put the attached (and extracted) exclusion folder "Aerosoft LFKC Calvi 1.0 aExclusion-acf" above the Calvi Airport folder in the Custom Scenery folder and the scenery_packs.ini.

Look at the exclusion package with the newest WED and into the folder to see how to do :) if you want....

In this way you can do it for all Airports with this problem... This will work always and you don't touch the original scenery.

Greets Heinz

Calvi 1.0 aExclusion-acf.zip

Finally alone at Calvi...thank you Heinz :)

Will see if I can figure out how you did this when I get home today from work. Would be really handy since I can fix pretty much any scenery this way if I understand you correctly. That would be awesome!!

19 hours ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Then export it as an separate dsf scenery (without an apt.dat) and with only this exclusion zones .

Good evening Heinz!

Just got home from work and thought I would play around with this and see if I can learn how to do it myself. Not sure how to do what is quoted above though once I have the exclusion zone(s) in place?

So far this is what I've done:

1. Open the scenery

2. Import apt.dat

3. Import DSF

4. Find the static aircraft I want to remove and create an exclusion zone covering the aircraft to be excluded and configure the exclusion zone to only remove objects

It's at this point I'm not sure how to proceed?

• Administrator

Hello Richard,

yes that is ok.

But the apt.dat you must not import for creating a exclusion zone. Only the dsf import is important.  But do it with a copy of the original scenery in the custom scenery folder.

So at first make a copy of the airport you want to change. Then rename it in the Custome Scenery folder for example to "Aerosoft - <Airport name> aExclusion-acf" or what you want.

But the renamed scenery shall lay above the original airport after you have renamed it.

Then do the things you have posted above (without the apt.dat import).

Then delete in your excl scenery with the WED all entrys but not your Exclusion zones.

Then export the dsf scenery.

Then close the WED and open the new (renamed) folder.

There delete all folders but not the folder "Earth nav data". This is the folder with the dsf and with your exclusion zone.

Also the "earth.wed.xml" file can remain there.

Greets Heinz

Was now able to make it work :)

I did have to import apt.dat though in order to see the airport in WED to know where to put the exclusion zone.

After this, I deleted everything but my newly added exclusion zone in WED and exported the scenery package. After this, I removed everything from the airport scenery folder as suggested and the static aircraft is gone! Wonderful !!

Just tried this at LEAL and think I have some other airports where I'll be doing the same thing.

Super thanks again Heinz for suggesting this method and for learning me how to do it 👍

Thanks, will be great being able to fly to any airport from now on not having to wonder if the aircraft next to me is another online pilot or a just a static model.

Also no longer having to worry about static aircrafts models when buying new airports.

Really happy about this 🙂

Archived