Constant Micro Stutters after installing A319 pro

lewisk2002

I had the a320 pro for a while and it ran perfectly, however, I bought the a319 pro the other day and since then I have suffered from constant micro stutters no matter what I do to the settings. I have tried a lot of things to fix this however nothing has worked:

- Vsync, frame limiters etc on monitor, sim and on nvidia inspector

- Reinstalling aircraft

- Reinstalling/updating graphics drivers (including trying older drivers)

- Changing settings in the configurator

- Deleting P3D Config, shaders folder

I have looked at a lot of the forums as well, but nothing has worked.

Like I say, it seems to only have started when the A319 was installed

It happens when no other addons are running except chaseplane, and on clear skies and at default airports.

Another thing I have noticed is that my GPU usage does not go below 98% when in the airbus and CPU usage is quite high as well, and I still get good frames (25 - 40 in VC, 60 - 80 in outside view [however i am using a 60Hz monitor])

Specs:

Intel i-8700k 3.7GHz 

16GB RAM

Windows 10 64-bit

nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti 4GB VRAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's both your CPU and VRAM.  The minimum recommended VRAM for this product is 6GB, and with an addon like the Airbus Pro you really need to get your CPU above 4.0GHz (the sweet spot seems to be 4.2 to 4.5GHz on most systems).  Also from the product page... " Laptops are not recommended, unless they are gaming laptops that can sustain their performance without thermal throttling".

For now, you can try reducing your P3D graphics, world and lighting settings.  That should help.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's both your CPU and VRAM.  The minimum recommended VRAM for this product is 6GB, and with an addon like the Airbus Pro you really need to get your CPU above 4.0GHz (the sweet spot seems to be 4.2 to 4.5GHz on most systems).  Also from the product page... " Laptops are not recommended, unless they are gaming laptops that can sustain their performance without thermal throttling".

For now, you can try reducing your P3D graphics, world and lighting settings.  That should help.

Thanks for replying,

I forgot to mention that my CPU is OC to 4.3 GHz, as for the GPU, I will look to upgrade it probably, the only question I had was why I never had this problem until I installed the A319, the A320/A321 ran really well for me on the same specs

14 hours ago, lewisk2002 said:

Thanks for replying,

I forgot to mention that my CPU is OC to 4.3 GHz, as for the GPU, I will look to upgrade it probably, the only question I had was why I never had this problem until I installed the A319, the A320/A321 ran really well for me on the same specs

That is interesting, I have both installed without issues.

Do you have an updated version od P3D and if so did you only update the client? If so, please update all P3D components.

If all 3 P3D components are updated, you'll need to clear uour P3D shaders. In fact, if you're using third party shaders we recommend getting rid of them.

If you still have issues then you can also try deleteing your Prepar3d.cfg file, and if that doesn't resolve things then you'll need to use P3D's Delete Generated Files script, but save that for last.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

That is interesting, I have both installed without issues.

Do you have an updated version od P3D and if so did you only update the client? If so, please update all P3D components.

If all 3 P3D components are updated, you'll need to clear uour P3D shaders. In fact, if you're using third party shaders we recommend getting rid of them.

If you still have issues then you can also try deleteing your Prepar3d.cfg file, and if that doesn't resolve things then you'll need to use P3D's Delete Generated Files script, but save that for last.

I'm still on P3D v4.5.12 and haven't updated to hotfix 2, I have tried to delete shaders and config.

Earlier I did a test, I put every setting on P3D as low as they could go, and I still got horrible stutters. Also, I only appears to happen when the plane or the camera is moving, as in changing location, if I just pan around the cockpit, there is usually no stutters

I'll update P3D and I'll let you know later if it changes anything

47 minutes ago, lewisk2002 said:

I put every setting on P3D as low as they could go, and I still got horrible stutters. Also, I only appears to happen when the plane or the camera is moving, as in changing location, if I just pan around the cockpit, there is usually no stutters

Yeah, that indicates it's a systemic issue rather than with the bus.

Do me a favor, and put in a formal support ticket and reference this thread.  When done, please update this thread with what the solution was?

Many thanks!

I have fully updated P3D 4.5 to hotfix 2 (Scenery, Content and Client) and I am still getting the stutters, however one thing I did notice is that when the sim is paused, it is completely stutter free

I also checked the VRAM usage while testing, and it is around 2.9 to 3.2 GB used, so it isn't running out of memory on the GPU. The stutters also seemed a little less frequent, but still prominant.

One thing I haven't done is completely wipe the GPU drivers and clean reinstall them, if you think that will help, I will do it, but I'm not keen unless it is absolutely necessary

Apart from that, I have no idea whats happening

Happy to say that my problem has seemingly disappeared, works perfectly now. Thanks for you help with everything Dave! For anyone else who might be suffering from this, it just went away after a while, and any fixes I tried didn't work, so my solution would be to just leave it for a while, for me it took about a week; but obviously listen to the professionals first, just thought I would put my solution in here. Thanks! 😁

Archived