PFPX shutdown automatlcally

Hi,

I have PFPX install on a second pc, and sometime the application shut itself down when I am not using it. Is there some kind of a timer that automatically  shutdown PFPX when it is not use for sometime?

Thanks

Pierre

2 hours ago, srcooke said:

There is no timeout Pierre, ensure you have the latest Visual C++ vcredist installed (2019). You could also try running PFPX in compatibility mode.

Hello, last version via "Windows Update" last friday.... and now PFPX not startup....... freeze after startup and no answers..................... have you an idea?

Regards,

Sebastien

The vcredist files are not delivered via windows update.

Download both x86 and x64  versions HERE

From windows programs & features uninstall any Visual C++ 2015, 2017 & 2015-2019 Redistributables.

Reboot the PC

Install the two versions downloaded, install and reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spidermanMXP said:

Hello,

I have a problem with PFPX after changed my HD with SSD.

PFPX after 10 seconds shutdown automatically.

An idea for this question.

Sorry for my english.

Thank You.

Regards,

Roberto

Install the latest vcredist as posted above.

Try running PFPX in compatibility mode.

After updating with Hotfix 1.28.9i the communication between FSGRW and PFPX worked. Unfortunately (like many times before) I must confirm the same behaviour.

Since today the situation dramatically changed. After klicking on a certain flight or even zooming in, the waiting circle appears and the program shuts down without any error mesage.

The above suggested measures are done without success.

Further Ideas?

3 minutes ago, ron55 said:

After updating with Hotfix 1.28.9i the communication between FSGRW and PFPX worked. Unfortunately (like many times before) I must confirm the same behaviour.

Since today the situation dramatically changed. After klicking on a certain flight or even zooming in, the waiting circle appears and the program shuts down without any error mesage.

The above suggested measures are done without success.

Further Ideas?

Any reason to be running v1.28 as v2.03 is current ?

Hello Stephen,

thanks for your interest and

I just installed the latest vcredist as posted above and tryed to compatibility mode but the result is the same.

I have W10 Pro V1903 and PFPX 2.03 installed with P3D V4.5 client only.

Have you any other idea?

Regards

Roberto

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sure it got something to do with Windows. Experienced trhe same after doing a fresh install on a new PC early this year. Issue was solved after updating to Windows 1903, runing Windows update multiple times until no updates were available. Also I installed all Microsoft C++ redistributables starting with 2005 up to 2019.

vor 5 Stunden , srcooke sagte:

Any reason to be running v1.28 as v2.03 is current ?

No. And I bought v2.03 today. Well, at least, PFPX is now able to calculate TAS correctly. And also the crashes with shutdown have stopped.

Archived