Autopilot setting

Hi,

I'm building my own tool to simulate a copilot on CRJ and I'm trying to have the AP course, heading, speed, alt , VS automatically set (i.e. speed 250).

To do that I have tried to set (through LUA) local variables related the AP (i.e. for the speed ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_INFO), but it seems that those variables are only in read mode and does not change the values.

Using other variables (i.e. ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_CHANGE), if I set an increment of 210, the value is changed to 400.

Is there a way to have this done? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and KR

Joe

• Developer

ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_INFO is the tooltip text for the speed knob

ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_CHANGE is a delta value, it shows by how much (in knots) the speed has changed (for example +2 knots). It's automatically reset to zero as soon as its value has been read by the DLL .

There's no direct FCP SPEED variable available.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

thanks for the replay.

I have tried to set the AP speed to 250 when on ground using the variable ASCRJ_FCP_SPEED_CHANGE increasing it +210 (as the AP speed is showing 40), but the result is that the AP speed goes immediately to 400 and not to 250.

Is there a reason for that or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks and KR

Giuseppe

Archived