NO A318-A321 in P3d

airlnkr

Was doing the general debugging steps provided by LM by removing the following:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Ultimately this erased something that pointed my Airbus 318/319 and 320/321 products to P3D...is there something i can do to point these products back to P3D? I'm guessing it has something to do with XML, I'm not well versed with XML so any dumbdowned explanation will help. Id rather not reinstall as I have several liveries installed.

54 minutes ago, airlnkr said:

Was doing the general debugging steps provided by LM by removing the following:

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Ultimately this erased something that pointed my Airbus 318/319 and 320/321 products to P3D...is there something i can do to point these products back to P3D? I'm guessing it has something to do with XML, I'm not well versed with XML so any dumbdowned explanation will help. Id rather not reinstall as I have several liveries installed.

It's an easy fix. If one of the other mods doesn't jump in on this, I'll get you the entries in about an hour..  I'm not home at the moment.

• Deputy Sheriffs

By deleting those folders you successfully gave P3D some sort of amnesia. ALL configuration of your P3D installation got lost, including the file "add-ons.cfg"  from the %PROGRAMDATA% folder. 

This file registers all add-ons via the so called "add-on.xml" method into P3D, like the Airbus professional.

Just providing you with a copy of that file of my P3D wouldn't work at all, as I have lots of other add-ons installed and also have them installed in different folders.

As I see it the fastest and easiest way to get this solved is to simply run the Airbus installers again. Plus all the installers of all other add-ons you have before deleting all those folders.

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

By deleting those folders you successfully gave P3D some sort of amnesia. ALL configuration of your P3D installation got lost, including the file "add-ons.cfg"  from the %PROGRAMDATA% folder. 

This file registers all add-ons via the so called "add-on.xml" method into P3D, like the Airbus professional.

Just providing you with a copy of that file of my P3D wouldn't work at all, as I have lots of other add-ons installed and also have them installed in different folders.

As I see it the fastest and easiest way to get this solved is to simply run the Airbus installers again. Plus all the installers of all other add-ons you have before deleting all those folders.

I totally get it, but Everything else is there except my Aerosoft Aircraft (CRJ and Airbus), the scenery folders are easy to add...just not sure how to add planes. Not sure why i need to complete undo everything on the Aerosoft side just because of a simple house cleaning. 

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and using Notepad++  (DO NOT USE NOTEPAD, you'll have to download Notepad++)  open the add-ons.cfg file, and then copy and past the following at the bottom of the list of present entries:

[Package.X]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.X]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Change the "package" entry to the next sequential number.  Numbering starts at 0, so use "0" if the Airbus Entries are your first entries in this file.

Change the "Path" entry to where you have the Airbus installed to. If you installed the Airbus Pro to the default location, all you'll have to change is your computer Username.

That should do it.

Best wishes.

4 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and using Notepad++  (DO NOT USE NOTEPAD, you'll have to download Notepad++)  open the add-ons.cfg file, and then copy and past the following at the bottom of the list of present entries:

[Package.X]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.X]
Path=C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Change the "package" entry to the next sequential number.  Numbering starts at 0, so use "0" if the Airbus Entries are your first entries in this file.

Change the "Path" entry to where you have the Airbus installed to. If you installed the Airbus Pro to the default location, all you'll have to change is your computer Username.

That should do it.

Best wishes.

Thanks Dave, That did it!!!

Archived