Yoke and rudder controls

Good Morning,  I would like to get a Flight Yoke, but due to physical limitations I can't use rudder pedals.   I need ground steering control, I've tried the number keys but they don't really work well.   Also my understanding is that auto rudder does nothing for ground steering.  Any recommendations based on experience?

Using a secondary joystick with twist rudder next to the yoke might be a good way to try. Just remove all other axis assignments from the joystick.
The one thing that may happen is that you quickly wish for 3 hands. 😉

48 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I will test the Honeycomb Yoke today with Autorudder in the A330 and A320. I'm almost certain it works, but I'll test and let you know for sure.

Dave,   I didn't think it works for ground steering.   I changed my selection in P3D to auto rudder and either I'm not using it properly because it would not steer.

17 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Dave,   I didn't think it works for ground steering.   I changed my selection in P3D to auto rudder and either I'm not using it properly because it would not steer.

Natively in FSX and P3D, the tiller and rudder are linked, but I don't know about Autorudder as I've never used it. I'll be home in 3 or 4 hours and then I'll look at this and do some research and will get back to you.

I just tried using Auto Rudder with the A320 Professional and it worked perfectly.  I used the Honeycomb Yoke.

I also used the Left and Right side White buttons as Left and Right Toe Brakes and for some reason they did not work, but I also tried using the default keyboard keys for brakes and they also didn't work so they probably aren't working due to my having Rudder Pedals connected (even though I removed the AXIS commands for them).  So what I'm saying is that I believe the left/right white will work for brakes. Of course since they are buttons and not an AXIS, they don't work as well as an AXIS does, and while they SHOULD work, it's not a guarantee.

But the Autorudder worked just fine.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't specify... I used the Auto Rudder to taxi around an airport.  Worked just fine.

Best wishes everyone!

16 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just tried using Auto Rudder with the A320 Professional and it worked perfectly.  I used the Honeycomb Yoke.

I also used the Left and Right side White buttons as Left and Right Toe Brakes and for some reason they did not work, but I also tried using the default keyboard keys for brakes and they also didn't work so they probably aren't working due to my having Rudder Pedals connected (even though I removed the AXIS commands for them).  So what I'm saying is that I believe the left/right white will work for brakes. Of course since they are buttons and not an AXIS, they don't work as well as an AXIS does, and while they SHOULD work, it's not a guarantee.

But the Autorudder worked just fine.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't specify... I used the Auto Rudder to taxi around an airport.  Worked just fine.

Best wishes everyone!

Thanks Dave,  I've attempted to watch video and read,  but I can't figure out how autorudder will steer you plane on the ground while taxing?

Thanks Guys I got it now,  sorry for being a little dense.   I tested the A320 and it does respond to stick right and stick left so the plane should steer to the movement of the steering wheel on the yoke while on the ground.

A1p

26 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Thanks Guys I got it now,  sorry for being a little dense.   I tested the A320 and it does respond to stick right and stick left so the plane should steer to the movement of the steering wheel on the yoke while on the ground.

Happy you have it working!

Archived