Honeycomb Yoke Driver

Another question gents:

I used the AS Updater to get the latest version but when I check within the driver program itself it’s telling me a new update is available. 

Any idea if there really is an update? How do I know if the Updater is working?

BTW, the profile you created Dave, is working great!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VAFPilot said:

I used the AS Updater to get the latest version but when I check within the driver program itself it’s telling me a new update is available. 

Do you have Experimental Updates checked in the AS Updater?  It's under Configuration.

Any idea if there really is an update?

There is!

How do I know if the Updater is working?

The product color will turn from Red to Blue.

BTW, the profile you created Dave, is working great!

Most welcome.  Tomorrow I will create the A330 Profile for Honeycomb.  Actually, it's mostly done already!

22 hours ago, VAFPilot said:

Same here ... and I have Experimental Updates checked

If I go through Honeycomb site, I have the October 15 version 1010 :(

Gérard

• Aerosoft

1.0.3 is now available via the updater.

Changelog

• Added Condition Variable and Value
  • If you only have a toggle function you  can now define the correct switch position via the Condition Variable (take a look at the new Default Template)
  • Fixed a few spelling bugs
  • Added a new Request Windows
  • If you can't find your aircraft inside the Templates, send us a Request via the Config Tool (Menu ? -> Request Aircraft Template)
  • Updated Aircraft Templates (Default, JustFlight PA28, Aerosoft Airbus A32X)
  • Added new Templates (Aerosoft PBY Catalina, Alabeo DA42, Carenado DO228, JSS Transall, Vertxsim DA62)...more Templates will follow in the upcoming weeks

• Aerosoft
On 6.11.2019 at 01:11, gaab sagte:

Edit 2 : there are hundreds of error messages in the contenterror.txt file when the yoke add-on is activated...

[error.xxx]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Empty parentheses or closing parenthese missing: "()"

Hi guys,

in addition to Mathijs' post: this bug is also supposed to be fixed.

Thanks for the update, which raise some question :

As suggested in your "changelog", I took a look to the updated templates.

And I see the following examples :

"Variable": ">K:TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY",

or

"Variable": "K:TOGGLE_GENALT_BUS1_CONTACT",

Could you confirme that the first one, with ">" is the right syntax to use....

Thanks - Gérard

• Aerosoft
vor 9 Stunden , gaab sagte:

Thanks for the update, which raise some question :

As suggested in your "changelog", I took a look to the updated templates.

And I see the following examples :

"Variable": ">K:TOGGLE_MASTER_BATTERY",

or

"Variable": "K:TOGGLE_GENALT_BUS1_CONTACT",

Could you confirme that the first one, with ">" is the right syntax to use....

Thanks - Gérard

Hi Gérard,

you can use both syntaxes...if the ">" is missing for "Variable" it will be added internally, now.

14 hours ago, BenBaron said:

you can use both syntaxes...if the ">" is missing for "Variable" it will be added internally, now.

Great !  Another question, if I may, concerning variables (A: L:, i.e. not event K:).

in conditions A; or L: variables are specified with there format descriptor ("L:bus:Avionics:State, bool" or "A:GENERAL ENG GENERATOR ACTIVE:1, Bool").

but when assigning (local) variables, you don't specify one (">L:AB_VC_OVH_ExtLight_Nose_Sw").

In your  conditions I only see bool variables. Could we have something like

"Condition": "A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, Knots",
          "ConditionValue": "gt 300",

To be frank, I don't see practical use of this for the time being, but when the throttle becomes available ...

Concerning "show button bindings", I have "x_x" with the switches Alternator, Battery, nothing with any other....

But if I specify a text in "FR"  (my system language) in the YokeConfig.json, as already mentionned, it is displayed as expected.

Thanks for dedication.

Gérard

• Aerosoft
vor 6 Stunden , gaab sagte:

In your  conditions I only see bool variables. Could we have something like

"Condition": "A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, Knots",
          "ConditionValue": "gt 300",

Concerning "show button bindings", I have "x_x" with the switches Alternator, Battery, nothing with any other....

Hi Gérard,

regarding your first question: yes, this should work. I did e.g. test "A:ATC MODEL, string" as "Condition" in conjunction with "F22" as "ConditionValue". I obviously wasn't able to test each and every variable ;), so if you have one that doesn't work drop a note.

To specify a variable without variable type as with your L:var example...I would have to see how that would work out...right now that is not possible.

For the second one: the X_ ... _X is supposed to show that, although a command has been recognized, it won't be executed as it's condition is not met.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 11/4/2019 at 8:38 PM, BenBaron said:

[...]

To add to this, the extra software is basically useful for assigning more non-standard functionality whereas FSX/P3D e.g. only allows for toggeling of certain functions instead of actually setting distinct states. This will be extended in the future and the yoke is otherwise working, can be assigned and used like any other plug&play device.

Hi Benjamin,

I am wondering about the difference between a profile and a template. Am I correct in thinking that the resulting JSON files are basically the same, and that it is just a matter of 'organizing' what AS pre-made and what I make myself?

On 11/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, BenBaron said:

To specify a variable without variable type as with your L:var example...I would have to see how that would work out...right now that is not possible.

Sorry, my question was not well spelled : in the templates distributed with the "driver", assignation of local variable don't specify a "unit"

Take a look at any template - last lines

"ButtonNumber": 34,

[ ......]
      "ReleaseEvent": [
        {
          "Variable": ">L:LEFT_LOWER_ignition",
          "Value": "0",

I was expecting        "Variable": ">L:LEFT_LOWER_ignition, enum" or something similar ...

On 11/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, BenBaron said:

"A:ATC MODEL, string" as "Condition" in conjunction with "F22" as "ConditionValue"

I understand you can only test 'equal' to ConditionValue,  not 'greater' for example ?

Thanks for your input.

Gérard

• Aerosoft
vor 18 Stunden , Eric Bakker sagte:

Hi Benjamin,

I am wondering about the difference between a profile and a template. Am I correct in thinking that the resulting JSON files are basically the same, and that it is just a matter of 'organizing' what AS pre-made and what I make myself?

Hi Eric,

exactly. They are simply pre-made profiles that you can make use of straight away. Or you can alter them yourself, or even create new ones. In the end, there is always a JSON which is translated into action in the sim.

• Aerosoft
vor 17 Stunden , gaab sagte:

Sorry, my question was not well spelled : in the templates distributed with the "driver", assignation of local variable don't specify a "unit"

Take a look at any template - last lines

"ButtonNumber": 34,

[ ......]
      "ReleaseEvent": [
        {
          "Variable": ">L:LEFT_LOWER_ignition",
          "Value": "0",

I was expecting        "Variable": ">L:LEFT_LOWER_ignition, enum" or something similar ...

I understand you can only test 'equal' to ConditionValue,  not 'greater' for example ?

Thanks for your input.

Gérard

Hey Gérard,

ah, now I see what you mean. No..."Variable" doesn't need the definition of a variable type as it's being assigned to the sim. That's only needed for the "ConditionVariable", as this one is read out internally and thus needs to know what type to expect coming from the sim to make the correct comparison against "ConditionValue". And no...right now, there's just the 'equal' option...but if there is need for something different, I guess, we can also implement that.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived