Honeycomb Yoke Driver

19 minutes ago, VAFPilot said:

Hmmm. I went to "Options", "Add-ons..." and all I see are scenery addons: nothing there about button bindings.

Look in the main menu of Prepar3D when simulation is running.

You have Scenario, Vehicle, ..... ,  Help, Add-Ons : you have there the Honewcomb sub-menu...

Forgot to mention that I am using Prepar3D.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft
vor 7 Stunden , gaab sagte:

I thought so, but no message.

Edit1 : adding a text in the YokeConfig.json display a message (because I suspected that the fonction to display must be specified somewhere !!!)

But, no way to add it using the YokeInput utility. Updating manually the templates or profiles is not sufficient, as the text is not copied to the active profile by the YokeInput.

--------------------

"ButtonNumber": 0,
      "PressEvent": [
        {

{
          "Variable": ">K:PARKING_BRAKES",
          "Value": "",
          "Repeat": false,
          "DE": "Parking Brakes DE",
          "EN": "Parking Brakes EN",
          "FR": "Parking Brakes FE",
          "ES": "Parking Brakes ES"

}
---------------------------

BTW, I would like to change the text color.

I tried modifying in the [DISPLAY] section (which works great for other Prepar3D messages...)

InfoUpperLeftTextColorUser
InfoUpperLeftTextColorNonUser

with no luck.

Thanks for your support

Gérard

Edit 2 : there are hundreds of error messages in the contenterror.txt file when the yoke add-on is activated...

[error.xxx]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Empty parentheses or closing parenthese missing: "()"

Gérard,

thanks, we'll take a look into those issues. Regarding the YokeInput utility..there will be coming a new version in the future, so work is still ongoing with that.

• Aerosoft
vor 9 Stunden , gaab sagte:

--------------------

{

{
          "Variable": ">K:PARKING_BRAKES",
          "Value": "", // make this "Value": null
          "DE": "Parking Brakes DE",
          "EN": "Parking Brakes EN",
          "FR": "Parking Brakes FE",
          "ES": "Parking Brakes ES"

}
---------------------------

Edit 2 : there are hundreds of error messages in the contenterror.txt file when the yoke add-on is activated...

[error.xxx]
error=Gauge/Script Error
Type: Unknown
Name: Unknown
Error: Empty parentheses or closing parenthese missing: "()"

Gérard,

I had a look and couldn't reproduce the content errors in my sim (P3Dv4.5 HF2). But...I "could" see and changed a part of the code, which "might" cause this issue under the circumstance that you're putting an "" in for an empty value instead of null. So, you could try if swapping "" out for null get's rid of your content errors, for now.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:22 PM, gaab said:

Look in the main menu of Prepar3D when simulation is running.

You have Scenario, Vehicle, ..... ,  Help, Add-Ons : you have there the Honewcomb sub-menu...

Forgot to mention that I am using Prepar3D.

Gaab,  it's not there. Here's a screenshot of what I am seeing:

Please login to display this image.

1 hour ago, VAFPilot said:

Gaab,  it's not there. Here's a screenshot of what I am seeing:

Please login to display this image.

Where is P3D installed?

Did you disable computer security and then run the installer as Admin?

I appreciate it very much to buy a piece of hardware for 210€ without getting  a sufficent Guide for installation in P3D v4.5. To make it clear, I request a complete list of command that can be filled in your driver software to use the buttons on the yoke (trim, flaps, Coolie had etc). And if you would be a little be more customer friendly,  you pack it in a configuration file and give me the chance to modify it. If you are ready, drop me a line. Until then I refuse to touch this unedibility!

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Where is P3D installed?

Did you disable computer security and then run the installer as Admin?

Dave,

Not sure of your first queston? I installed it on my SSD in a special folder for P3D (I guess it's an old habit from the FSX days).

Are you asking if I installed P3D or the yoke software as admin with anti-virus off? Currently the antivirus is set to exclude the entire P3D folder/installation so I don't think that is the problem.

6 minutes ago, VAFPilot said:

Dave,

Not sure of your first queston? I installed it on my SSD in a special folder for P3D (I guess it's an old habit from the FSX days).

Are you asking if I installed P3D or the yoke software as admin with anti-virus off? Currently the antivirus is set to exclude the entire P3D folder/installation so I don't think that is the problem.

I dunno my friend.  I disabled my computer security, ran the installer as Admin, and installed to the default location (Documents\Aerosoft\Honeycomb) and it works perfectly for me.  The Honeycomb Yoke software should not be installed in the P3D folder.

The Honeycomb software requires .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, but it's been so long since I installed it I don't recall if it installs .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 or if you have to already have it.  Either way, you may want to check this.

I hope this helps my friend!

34 minutes ago, bravolima said:

I appreciate it very much to buy a piece of hardware for 210€ without getting  a sufficent Guide for installation in P3D v4.5. To make it clear, I request a complete list of command that can be filled in your driver software to use the buttons on the yoke (trim, flaps, Coolie had etc). And if you would be a little be more customer friendly,  you pack it in a configuration file and give me the chance to modify it. If you are ready, drop me a line. Until then I refuse to touch this unedibility!

Forgive me, please, but I have no earthly idea what you're talking about.  You won't find a Guide for Saitek and other joysticks, but Honeycomb did provide a manual which is included in the Box, but since I have a pre-production model I've never seen the Manual and yet I didn't need it to install and set the Yoke up.  Also, there is a Config file for the profile and you can edit it via the Honeycomb software or if you choose you can also edit it manually (though I have absolutely no idea why you'd want to).  I'll post it below.  The software comes with several existing profiles (config files), a Default, Airbus Professional Series A320, and Airbus Professional A330, and Just Flight's PA-28.  They are each individual profiles (config files).  

Finally, you don't even have to use the Honeycomb software to set it up for P3Dv4.  You can simple remove the commands your Honeycomb Profile, and set up the Yoke in P3D command settings.

If you don't choose to buy what in my opinion is the finest Yoke for an insanely low price, that's your PERSONAL decision.  There is no need to publicize your buying decision, and quite frankly the reasons you're giving for your buying decision are far from accurate - but as I said, it's a PERSONAL decision, so please keep it that way.

DEFAULT CONFIG FILE:  Default.json

Really? It's normal to put an item out of the box only half of it`s switches are working? Could be broken, connection, configuration..... next 2 hours are invain with slightly embarresment. In the box no hint like,  please download configuration tool, look at the forum and so on. Aersoft sells variant items of simulation-software, this I know since over 20 years as the advertisment flyer laid by says. An additional  flyer with notes (which I now have gathered) for configuration Honeycomb Aeronautical Yoke would be a too big effort, right?  Be sure, for me this is a singular occaison in my relation to Aerosoft, no consequence,  and be sure as well, usual I know what I buy,  why and where. 

Finally thank you very much for your effort to prepare a Default config file for P3D for me, highly appreciated.

Have a Good Day.

There is a manual included in the box and it contains the instructions to download the driver. I don't see the problem.

8 minutes ago, bravolima said:

Really? It's normal to put an item out of the box only half of it`s switches are working? Could be broken, connection, configuration..... next 2 hours are invain with slightly embarresment. In the box no hint like,  please download configuration tool, look at the forum and so on. Aersoft sells variant items of simulation-software, this I know since over 20 years as the advertisment flyer laid by says. An additional  flyer with notes (which I now have gathered) for configuration Honeycomb Aeronautical Yoke would be a too big effort, right?  Be sure, for me this is a singular occaison in my relation to Aerosoft, no consequence,  and be sure as well, usual I know what I buy,  why and where. 

Finally thank you very much for your effort to prepare a Default config file for P3D for me, highly appreciated.

Have a Good Day.

2 hours ago, bravolima said:

Have a Good Day.

My friend,

It's possible, but highly unlikely that you have a yoke with a hardware problem.  But I'm more inclined to believe that the switches which aren't working for you is more of a learning curve issue.

Which sim are you using the Yoke with?

Which aircraft have you tried the switches with?

Hey guys,

I've corrected some switch position values with the current A32X Profile.  It's being reviewed by the Boss, but until then it's okay to try it if you'd like. I've attached it here in this post.

Step 1. Download the attached file, and place it where you installed your Honeycomb Software. I do not recommend installing the software anywhere but the default location, which is in your Documents/Aerosoft/bin/UserProfiles folder.  You will not have to back up anything, as the new file has a different name than the original. 

Step 2.  Start the Honeycomb Controller Software, then load the New Profile.

Step 3. Start P3D and load the A32X Professional in any state you wish, it shouldn't matter what state the aircraft is in.

Step 4. Test the Light Switches.  If the hardware lights switches don't follow the position in the A32X Pro, then on the P3D Menu select Add-ons, Honeycomb, AFC Yoke = Reload Button Bindings.

Let me know how they work for you!

Airbus A32X - Corrected Light Switch Functions.json

1 hour ago, bravolima said:

P3D v4.5;  P3D Maule, A2A Cessna 182; Carenado 172N. Still no success. To improve learning curve good and detailed information is needed....

What do you want to achieve  and how, because you can program a lot of things directly in P3D. (without installing the Yoke specific driver.)

There may be conflicts between P3D default button assignements and the Yoke profiles.

The "YokeInput" program allow you to further program some fonctions but for the time being it is a bit more tricky.

If you gives more details, I can help you setup "profiles" for the specific Yoke driver.

Gérard

OMG, never thought this could happen.......in a video on YouTube I found the solution. The ethernet cable link to the yoke...... I know my mock is not so well anticipated, but let my frankly say: even my first thrustmaster 1998 hat the cable inside the yoke-shaft and I never saw it in a real plane either. On every photo I saw by now, this cable-connection was not depicted, I assumed falsely it is a connection cable to the throttle unit. For now, main problems solved. If fine tuning issues comes up, I will give report

9 hours ago, bravolima said:

OMG, never thought this could happen.......in a video on YouTube I found the solution. The ethernet cable link to the yoke...... I know my mock is not so well anticipated, but let my frankly say: even my first thrustmaster 1998 hat the cable inside the yoke-shaft and I never saw it in a real plane either. On every photo I saw by now, this cable-connection was not depicted, I assumed falsely it is a connection cable to the throttle unit. For now, main problems solved. If fine tuning issues comes up, I will give report

:)

I admit, I did this too at first.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, BenBaron said:

Gérard,

I had a look and couldn't reproduce the content errors in my sim (P3Dv4.5 HF2). But...I "could" see and changed a part of the code, which "might" cause this issue under the circumstance that you're putting an "" in for an empty value instead of null. So, you could try if swapping "" out for null get's rid of your content errors, for now.

Sorry, but all your original templates have

And if you load a template (with "Value" : null) to create a new profile, the null values are rewritten  "Value" : ""  on my machine : W10 French - P3Dv4.5 HF2

Edit 1 : changing "Value": ""  to  "Value": null does not "cure" the ContentError messages. Each time I press a button wether "Value" is "", null or any thing else ("0", "1" for 

"ButtonNumber": 28,
        {
          "Variable": ">K:STROBES_SET",
          "Value": "1",
          "DE": null,
          "EN": null,
          "FR": null,
          "ES": null
        }
   ]

Edit 2 : After changing also  all "Variable": ""  to "Variable": null solves the issue.

Gérard

Edit 3 : I just realised I never posted this answer :(

On 11/7/2019 at 4:24 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I dunno my friend.  I disabled my computer security, ran the installer as Admin, and installed to the default location (Documents\Aerosoft\Honeycomb) and it works perfectly for me.  The Honeycomb Yoke software should not be installed in the P3D folder.

The Honeycomb software requires .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2, but it's been so long since I installed it I don't recall if it installs .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 or if you have to already have it.  Either way, you may want to check this.

I hope this helps my friend!

Dave,

I will reinstall the software as you described to see if that helps. I’ve installed it per the default settings but not with AV off which I will do. Thanks for the profile too. I’ll see if that works for A32X series and it would be great if it worked for other aircraft. 

14 hours ago, bravolima said:

Would you mind providing a link to the video you’ve found? I’d like to know more about the cable you mentioned. 

On 11/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey guys,

I've corrected some switch position values with the current A32X Profile.  It's being reviewed by the Boss, but until then it's okay to try it if you'd like. I've attached it here in this post.

Step 1. Download the attached file, and place it where you installed your Honeycomb Software. I do not recommend installing the software anywhere but the default location, which is in your Documents/Aerosoft/bin/UserProfiles folder.  You will not have to back up anything, as the new file has a different name than the original. 

Step 2.  Start the Honeycomb Controller Software, then load the New Profile.

Step 3. Start P3D and load the A32X Professional in any state you wish, it shouldn't matter what state the aircraft is in.

Step 4. Test the Light Switches.  If the hardware lights switches don't follow the position in the A32X Pro, then on the P3D Menu select Add-ons, Honeycomb, AFC Yoke = Reload Button Bindings.

Let me know how they work for you!

Airbus A32X - Corrected Light Switch Functions.json 16.54 kB · 2 downloads

Dave,

Thanks a bunch !

I reinstalled the driver as you suggested and loaded the profile for the Airbus in the software. The landing light seems a bit fickle but it seems to be working so much better. I did notice the switch position works opposite of what I'm used to: is there a way I can reverse the position/toggle?

And can you share what the "value" translates to? I've seen/heard "0" is off and "1" is on but I noticed something different in your version.

Thanks again, I think I'm about 90% there now at least with the Airbus.

4 hours ago, VAFPilot said:

Dave,

Thanks a bunch !

I reinstalled the driver as you suggested and loaded the profile for the Airbus in the software. The landing light seems a bit fickle but it seems to be working so much better. I did notice the switch position works opposite of what I'm used to: is there a way I can reverse the position/toggle?

And can you share what the "value" translates to? I've seen/heard "0" is off and "1" is on but I noticed something different in your version.

Thanks again, I think I'm about 90% there now at least with the Airbus.

That's odd, I changed them because the hardware switch positions did not match the Airbus switch positions.  On the Airbus, OFF is DOWN and ON is UP.

But you can absolutely change them! 

0 = OFF

1= On (First Position for three position switch)

2 = ON (Second Position for three position switch)

7 hours ago, gaab said:

And if you load a template (with "Value" : null) to create a new profile, the null values are rewritten  "Value" : ""  on my machine : W10 French - P3Dv4.5 HF2

Edit 1 : changing "Value": ""  to  "Value": null does not "cure" the ContentError messages. Each time I press a button wether "Value" is "", null or any thing else ("0", "1" for 

{
        }
   ]

Edit 2 : After changing also  all "Variable": ""  to "Variable": null solves the issue.

Gérard

I am also not having any issues with this.  But if it works for you like this, AWESOME and GREAT JOB!

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I am also not having any issues with this.  But if it works for you like this, AWESOME and GREAT JOB!

I know it can run as is, but hundreds of error messages in ContentError.txt should be fixed in the future !

My message was meant to help to identify error origin.

I really expect that the next version will address these points.

Gérard

26 minutes ago, gaab said:

I know it can run as is, but hundreds of error messages in ContentError.txt should be fixed in the future !

My message was meant to help to identify error origin.

I really expect that the next version will address these points.

Gérard

Thanks Gerard. Now I understand. I will pass it directly to the person who wrote the code for review.

Seriously, many thanks for your feedback.

• Aerosoft
vor 20 Stunden , gaab sagte:

{
        }
   ]

Gérard

Thanks Gérard also from my side for helping us identify this issue..you know that those things are often hard to address as for whatever reason they don't affect everyone.

Of course this will be fixed and made available in due time.

On 11/10/2019 at 7:53 AM, BenBaron said:

you know that those things are often hard to address as for whatever reason they don't affect everyone.

Yes - I am a retired IT project manager - I know the feeling ;)

Gérard

• Herman locked this topic

Archived