A321 fuel planner inaccuracy?

Tozzifan

Hello,

for the third time, when planning a very long haul (KLAX PHNL, in the latter case), the fuel planner prompted an insufficient fuel warning for the trip (22+ tons for KLAX-PHNL, while only 19 allowed)

nevertheless I did the flight, loading 19 tons (thinking to cheat enroute with the P3D payload changer), yet I landed with 4 tons remaining onboard (full passenger load)

so, while normally the planner is definitely accurate, on medium/short flights, I ask please whether there's something to do on my side to fix this, or what I am missing

thanks

The fuel planner doesn't take a route into consideration, merely the linear distance between the two airports.  It's best to use PFPX or Simbrief, create an aircraft profile in either, or at the very least take the ZFW value from the Airbus Fuel Planner and put that into Simbrief... and allow PFPX and Simbrief to calculate the fuel load.

I've previously posted the procedure and values to create an aircraft profile.  I'll try to find the post and will update this with a link when I have it.

EDIT:

Okay, four relevant posts that will help, two by one of our Beta Testers, Bill, and two I did.

Longer Thread and great values to use:

My Short Method:

The Longer Method with the Simbrief Profile I use:

I hope this is helpful!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived