Mach/speed alternating

petetech

Evening all. Since the latest experimental, I have noticed when i reach cruise, in managed mode, the PFD alternates between Mach and Speed about every 5 to 10 seconds, resulting in the engines spooling up and down to achieve the slight difference between to two modes. I have just been taking out of managed mode and leaving it on selected Mach for my cruise and it happily drops into DES mode when commanded. Was wondering if this is something anyone else has noticed or is a known issue awaiting correction? Its manageable, But appears consistent so far. I will keep an eye on it. Also, something odd happened with GSX loading my PAX. Look at the max/actual section. This was during loading. Once loaded, if flipped to the correct value.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello petetech,

It's a know issue to us and it happens when you cruise at lower flight levels (around FL300) where the aircraft cannot decide whether to fly speed or mach. We are doing some major reworks on these parts with the A330 and hopefully not long after the A330 release we can also implement the logic on A320 which fixes this issue.

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

Hello petetech,

It's a know issue to us and it happens when you cruise at lower flight levels (around FL300) where the aircraft cannot decide whether to fly speed or mach. We are doing some major reworks on these parts with the A330 and hopefully not long after the A330 release we can also implement the logic on A320 which fixes this issue.

Thanks, I thought it may be a bug in the implementation of something like that, a background system model. I think i was in the FL340-FL390 range, but i may be wrong. I dealt with it with selected mode and forgot about it after the flight, and that happened about 5 flights in a row haha.

Archived