How are we doing with support on the forum? DO READ THE TEXT BELOW THE POLL!!!

How happy are with our forums?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about our forums overall?

2. 2. You know we try to be as open and honest as possible. This does not always end well as we might say (not promise) things that won't happen. Does that bother you?

3. 3. We are rather relaxed in moderation compared to most other similar (commercial) forums. That means we got some trolls bottom feeding from time to time. Does that bother you?

• Yes, you should try to keep the forums more productive
    • It's about right right now
    • No, you should allow more edgy comments, even if they make little sense
  4. 4. When we see that the original topic starter has been answered (and he confirms that) we close topics. This makes it possible for us to focus on things that need to be looked at. However some people have expressed being displeased about that. They feel we close these topics to hide things. I think just looking at the support topics proofs that that is not the case, but still, okay or not?

• Yes, when the topic starter has his question answered (and told you), close the topic. Issue solved.
    • No better to leave them open.

• Aerosoft

In our ticket support we currently have a 90% satisfaction rating and that includes the negative comments from people who are asking the impossible, 88% of emails asking about an offline activation of a product are not from paying customers and they do not tend to be happy if we refuse. 

Please login to display this image.

For the forums this is harder to measure. Once a topic is closed the system makes a notification and every 50 or so I send a short question to the person who started the topic asking if he is happy or not. The happiness rating there is about 92%.  But that covers only real 'support' and does not capture all forum users. That's why I want to make a wider poll with the simple question if you feel Aerosoft staff, forum moderators and forums users (!) are doing a good job assisting you. 

Now it's the easiest thing to post on hatebook of some other site and get a load of people messing up a poll like this. Everybody who we refused service because he asked some proof the product was actually bought has a bone to pick and will use a poll like this get even. That's why I insist that if you select 'Bad' you leave a note why you feel so.  if you do not I will either just delete your vote or if we notice some more organised idea behind that voting take further actions.  

Honest and open comments are more than welcome.  Aerosoft customers on average own 7 (!) of our products so making people is damned important to us.

• Aerosoft

Again, please read the post, if you insist on telling us we do bad without telling us why I will simply delete the vote. I just did so for user youpswag14. If he makes the asked comment I will gladly reinstate his vote.

I apologize for being so strict but in the past I seen whole facebook groups being started to influence these polls. We honestly like to know what you think, good OR bad.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Jude said:

Average user has 7 products? I think I'm a bit more than that :) Very happy with the support though. 

Keep in mind that that does not only cover flight sim add-ons. These days the other simulation products we sell outnumber our FS products. Things like OMSI are seriously big these days.

I had a few doubts when answering question number 4. I am in favor of closing the questions once an answer is provided, however I can also understand that sometimes this answer is insufficient and leads to further questions. In that case the topic is better left open.

As a compromise I propose to implement a "delayed closure". Let's say after an answer has been provided, the topic stays open for 3 more days. If no replies have been given in the topic during those 3 days, the topic is being closed. Otherwise it stays open.

done. For me the forum is good. I find aerosoft forum on of the best forums. Support is usually very efficient and you dont have to open a ticket. Sometimes and remark sometimes i prefer not to know nothing about your plans unless there are going to be real shortly but i think actual preview forums are ok. I think maybe you should be more flexible with people that make a critic post and of course not to call them trolls, sounds like the ugly monsters of lord of the rings (that´s a personal opinion). and yes if the answered has been posted and the person has checked it out, close it. 

I never understood why topics are closed, there might be relevant data in the future. Opening a new thread just wastes space and energy when a simple reply to a post which is 5-6 years old might still make sense.

All in all, i've been monitoring the forums before registering for long and it's a happy place with helpful people. No serious complaints at all.

1 hour ago, PatrickZ said:

I had a few doubts when answering question number 4. I am in favor of closing the questions once an answer is provided, however I can also understand that sometimes this answer is insufficient and leads to further questions. In that case the topic is better left open.

As a compromise I propose to implement a "delayed closure". Let's say after an answer has been provided, the topic stays open for 3 more days. If no replies have been given in the topic during those 3 days, the topic is being closed. Otherwise it stays open.

Totally agree. I sometimes have what, I think, is a relevant comment to add, or question to ask, but I find I'm too late. I know that I can open a new topic but that would get repetetive.

Overall, the forum does well.  I'm only interested in specific products, naturally, so my interest is limited. 

Only issue I've had is the closing of a topic.  At times I feel a topic was closed prematurely or the initial question remained unanswered.

--WH

I see the majority disagrees with me on question 4. I believe topics should remain open for at least some time because several issues often invite followup questions that would be awkward to place under a brand new topic. Not a big issue at all; just something to think about.

As far as im concerned the forums and the Aerosoft staff have been great and are always on hand to help users out, ......just maybe a bit more info on release dates or how the product is coming on ... this is ref my post about  Aerosofts new Dublin which got locked , if the reply had been something like "its near release about a month or two""  it would have been great and i would have waited but sadly  i had to get the other new version (if both were out i would have brought Aerosofts on day one) but apart from that the forums always helped me out and the web site customer support is A+ .

Rich

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, JarredP said:

I never understood why topics are closed, there might be relevant data in the future. Opening a new thread just wastes space and energy when a simple reply to a post which is 5-6 years old might still make sense. 

My explanation why we do so did not help you understand it?

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

My explanation why we do so did not help you understand it?

I understand your point of view, i just don't feel it helps in any way. The topic will eventually be forgotten with time but if the topic is closed and someone later on has further input in the subject, it cannot add to it and bring back the topic which might be relevant. A new topic will have to be opened, losing context (a link to the old topic is not the same thing...).

This is just an opinion, doesn't mean i'm happy or unhappy by the way you do things here, it's your forum. I would just act differently in this matter.

The same thought applies to very very old topics, there is this "you should never resurrect old topics" thing going in the internet which is just silly. People talk about old stuff and past events all the time, and forums are just that - conversations. If someone needs to talk or has more data to add to a certain 10 year old topic, then why not improve it with this new information?

Thanks!

• Aerosoft

Because basically it almost never works out well. What you see if people having an issue, searching the forum and finding something that 'looks' like what they see and they add to that topic. It could be about another product, a completely outdated version. Then we have to ask exactly what issue they have with what exact product, if they have updated to the latest versions etc etc and then that old topic no longer matches the topic.  

We seen that a lot with the busses. People mixing up the 32 and 64 bit versions and then you get support for the 32 bit version in the 64 bit section and everybody gets confused. Not in the last place my support people.

Archived