Jump to content
TigerTop

Unable to Install Lukla Mt Everest Extreme

Recommended Posts

I have had 2 attempts without success.

Basic data:

Running P3D v4.5.12.30293 Academic.

OS: Win10 Home.

Firewall & AV turned off.

Downloaded zipped AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4 folder is 6,626,249 kb

It unzips & I get a folder of the same name.

When I open that I get a folder of the same name.

When I open that I get another folder of the same name, plus the Manuals in en & de.

When I open the 'same name' folder I get a Setup folder, 4 licensing agreements & a Setup file.

When I right click on the Set up file, (735kb),  & Open as Administrator I get an Aerosoft flash screen for about 10 seconds, then it disappears & a screen pops up saying , 'the software may or may not have installed properly'

It hasn't installed so I am wondering what to do next.

I have tried running the Set Up file in the Set Up folder, but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

TT

Share this post


Link to post
Hi,

after unzipping this download file "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" you should get this.

Set up\
License agreement Aerosoft DE.txt
License agreement Aerosoft EN.txt
License agreement Aerosoft FR.txt
License agreement Aerosoft SP.txt
setup.exe

Now change to the "Setup" directory and execute the "Setup.exe" file there

0x0407.ini
0x0409.ini
data1.cab
data1.hdr
data2.cab
ISSetup.dll
layout.bin
Setup.bmp
setup.exe => run this file
setup.ini
setup.inx
setup.isn

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you for having a look at this.

I had already run the setup.exe you refer to, but have gone back & reinstalled the program & run it again, but with no result, nothing coming up on screen.

I can hear the drive running for about 10 seconds, then it tapers off.

There wasn't the Aerosoft Flash Screen that came up when I ran Setup.exe from the Folder prior to the one you refer to.

 

One clue might be that I had to re-install P3D about 6 months ago.

I found that I also have had to reinstall a lot of scenery.

I had the old Lukla but hadn't got to reinstalling  that before the new one came out recently.

In searching my drives I found remnants of the old Lukla in:

 

S\Lockheed Martin\P3Dv4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft

 

My Uninstaller program hadn't picked them up so I manually deleted them.

Possibly old Lukla material is still in the Registry & blocking this installation?

I am not sure how to locate it if that is the case.

 

As I said I have the Firewall & AV turned off, but I suspect Windows Defender is still 'on' & wonder if that could be interfering.

 

In the sequence of files that you have listed, data2.cab has 6,594,157 kb. & setup.exe has 928 kb.

TT

Share this post


Link to post

And you unzipped the downloaded file to a temporary folder? Running an exe file from within the zip folder can not wok.

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And you unzipped the downloaded file to a temporary folder? Running an exe file from within the zip folder can not wok.

Yes, unzipped it.

This is my sequence:

 

Downloaded zipped AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4.

Zipped folder is 6,626,249 kb

 

Unzipped the Download &  I get a folder of the same name. (AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4)

When I open that I get a folder of the same name. (AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4)

When I open that I get another folder of the same name, (AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4), plus the Manuals in en & de.

When I open the 'same name' folder I get a Setup folder, 4 licensing agreements & a Setup.exe file.

I then went into the Setup Folder & ran setup.exe that was in there.

 

What I thought was odd was getting an "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" Folder  3 times

 

The Zipped Folder is 6.626,249 kb.

The unzipped Folder shows as 6,626.240 kb, but then shows as 6.31 kb if I move it to the Recycle Bin.

Bit of a head scratcher.

 

TT

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Then you are doing something wrong.  I just downloaded Lukla agai, and thats what i get, when I click on the zip file in the Explorer

2019-10-23_16h16_14.png

There are nowhere multiple folders with the same name.

Do the following:

- create a folder elsewhere and name it e.g. "Lukla"

-  in Widows explorer right click on the zip file and in the context menu click on "Extract..."

- in the following dialog choose the folder you created above and click on "Extract"

- now you end up in this folder exactly with the same file and folder structure as shown in my screenshot

Share this post


Link to post

Ok

Thanks

I will try that later this morning.

Chores etc.

TT

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mopperle said:

Then you are doing something wrong.  I just downloaded Lukla agai, and thats what i get, when I click on the zip file in the Explorer

2019-10-23_16h16_14.png

There are nowhere multiple folders with the same name.

Do the following:

- create a folder elsewhere and name it e.g. "Lukla"

-  in Widows explorer right click on the zip file and in the context menu click on "Extract..."

- in the following dialog choose the folder you created above and click on "Extract"

- now you end up in this folder exactly with the same file and folder structure as shown in my screenshot

Otto

 

I did a fresh download  & no change in the outcome. I am still getting multiple folders with the same name.

I am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with the file I am downloading.

I purchased it yesterday from PC Aviator, (PCA) using Paypal.

The Download link at PCA shows a File of 6,785,275,401 bytes

The zipped download is 6,626,249 kb

 

When I downloaded it into a new  location and left clicked on the Zip file I got a folder "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" (I am assuming from your  example above with the pointing hand that that is what you did, (Left clicked) . I don't get what you get above. (Setup & Licence agreements)

 

I did the right click Extract on the zipped download and ended up with the same repetition of "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" that I have been getting all the time.

 

Where you say "in the following dialog choose the folder you created above and click on "Extract"", I can't do that as 'Extract" is not an option showing in the drop down menu. ie, there is not a file there requiring Extraction, [other than the original downloaded zipped file.]

 

Is there a way Aerosoft can verify that PC Aviator has the correct P3D v4 file set up for download?

TT

 

Share this post


Link to post

TH, I have no idea what PC Aviator is doing here. All reseller get the same file (zip) as Aerosoft places in its own shop. If PC avaiator is changing this zip-file in any way, there is nothing Aerosoft can do.

Please show me some screenshots of  the steps you performed. And what Windows version are you using?

Share this post


Link to post

Ok

Running Win10 Home Edition

I will send screen shots in 2 posts.

This 1st one is where I left click on the zipped folder &  left clicked  through what was showing. You can see the folders opening progression  in the row  under the menu item section.

The next set will be after I right clicked on the zipped file.

Thanks

TT

 

2BoTVf4.jpg

 

NnTaq2K.jpg

 

SEyOsmZ.jpg

 

LIh2NaY.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

This set is after right clicking on Zipped downloaded  file, then left clicking thereafter.

When I do setup.exe, 'Run as Administrator, nothing happens.

Not sure if it is relevant, but when the zipped file is Extracting, it says '22 files to be copied"

Thank you

TT

 

lyMshyC.jpg

 

oQDVtG3.jpg

 

yFZCU9i.jpg

 

ftaVf4w.jpg

 

LITzfbA.jpg

 

zU4KtnA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Let me ask our Master of the Installers to look at this tomorrow morning.
I have not seen this issue before.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Let me ask our Master of the Installers to look at this tomorrow morning.
I have not seen this issue before.

Thank you.

I appreciate the effort Aerosoft is putting into helping me.

TT

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

 

I am notice at your screenshot that your not using the latest version.

I will send you a private message with an an link....

 

After you have done the download already...

unzipping this download file "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" you should get this.

Set up\
License agreement Aerosoft DE.txt
License agreement Aerosoft EN.txt
License agreement Aerosoft FR.txt
License agreement Aerosoft SP.txt
setup.exe

Now change to the "Setup" directory and execute the "Setup.exe" file there

0x0407.ini
0x0409.ini
data1.cab
data1.hdr
data2.cab
ISSetup.dll
layout.bin
Setup.bmp
setup.exe => run this file
setup.ini
setup.inx
setup.isn

Share this post


Link to post

Andreas

D/L new file & installed. It came through as per your earlier screen shots, the multiples have gone.

However, unfortunately, setup.exe does not run. No response when I 'Run as Administrator"

Screenshots below.

I think I will d/load  something such as an XPlane freeware & see if that installs in case my PC is the culprit.

It will be later today as I have to head out. Will advise result.

Thanks 

TT

 

gpHOhLq.png

Share this post


Link to post

I thought my PC might be running a blocker that was stopping setup.exe performing.

However, I just downloaded & installed Aerosoft Trondheim-Vaernes V2 without any issues.

I have a query re setup.exe files, there are 2 appearing.

The first one is on the same page as the Setup folder & does produce an Aerosoft flash screen for about 5 seconds, then an error message about 10 seconds later. (1st & 2nd shots below)

The other one, in the Setup folder, does nothing at the moment. (3rd shot below)

Should there be 2 setup.exe , (application), files??

TT

 

Nxdn7Sw.jpg

 

mOuNWMf.jpg

 

J1NAqw1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

This problem might be caused by a corrupted user account in your Windows installation.

 

Please try the following:

  • create a new Windows user account
  • login as this new user into your Windows
  • start the Lukla setup from the folder you have shown in the screenshots before(best as administrator by right clicking the setup.exe file and then select "run as administrator")

Does this make a difference? If it is working like this, please make sure *not* to install Lukla into the Documents folder but anywhere else.

 

Afterwards login as you standard Windows user again and check if Lukla is working within your P3Dv4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, TigerTop said:

Should there be 2 setup.exe , (application), files??

 

Yes. Please re-read Andreas'  message copied below and note the highlights in bold red text I added to show the answer to your question:

12 hours ago, A. Muegge said:

Hi,

 

I am notice at your screenshot that your not using the latest version.

I will send you a private message with an an link....

 

After you have done the download already...


unzipping this download file "AS_Lukla-Mount-Everest-Extreme-P3DV4" you should get this.

Set up\
License agreement Aerosoft DE.txt
License agreement Aerosoft EN.txt
License agreement Aerosoft FR.txt
License agreement Aerosoft SP.txt
setup.exe

Now change to the "Setup" directory and execute the "Setup.exe" file there

0x0407.ini
0x0409.ini
data1.cab
data1.hdr
data2.cab
ISSetup.dll
layout.bin
Setup.bmp
setup.exe => run this file
setup.ini
setup.inx
setup.isn

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

This problem might be caused by a corrupted user account in your Windows installation.

 

Please try the following:

  • create a new Windows user account
  • login as this new user into your Windows
  • start the Lukla setup from the folder you have shown in the screenshots before(best as administrator by right clicking the setup.exe file and then select "run as administrator")

Does this make a difference? If it is working like this, please make sure *not* to install Lukla into the Documents folder but anywhere else.

 

Afterwards login as you standard Windows user again and check if Lukla is working within your P3Dv4.

 

Tantalizingly close Tom.

Your suggestion worked and after several rounds of fisticuffs with Microsoft, who insisted I open a new User a/c with Microsoft fingerprints all over it, which was not my inclination,  I was able to run the install.

I did find that when I right clicked on setup.exe to 'Run as Administrator'  & provided the Administrator password, nothing happened.

However when I left clicked on setup.exe after that, the installation started & took my purchase code & ran happily right through to advising me that Lukla had been successfully installed.

(I think it did run under Administrator as I have found the new User a/c is requiring an Admin p/w for every new excursion, & they work after I have put it in)

However, when I ran Simstarter to load it into P3D v4.5, I received a message that the Scenery Folder was missing.

& so it proved to be per the attached screen shot.

Any thoughts on where it could be hiding?

Thanks for your help.

TT

62WrKb6.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I found Scenery in the Main folder so I will see if I can induce Simstarter to recognize it.

TT

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I'm in Lukla.

I need to read the manual, I haven't got it set up  properly  yet.

But a big thank you to all at Aerosoft who pitched in to help me sort it out.

10/10 for customer service.

TT

 

x12BaO6.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...