Many Autogen trees dissapeared on Flytampa EHAM after installing Aerosoft LGSA Chania

thomas_1975

I have a strange problem with autogen trees on Flytampa EHAM, after installing LGSA Chania.

Yesterday i bought the Aerosoft LGSA scenery on simmarket, and i must say it's a beautfill scenery

After installing the LGSA scenery, i noticed that many trees on flytampa EHAM suddenly dissappeared,

I also noticed a folder inside the LGSA folder called autogen with the autogen xml and AutogenDescriptions.spb files in it, the same as in the main P3D v4 folder exist too.

for me it is a strange issue and i don't know how to fix this

so i tested it, by uninstalled the LGSA Chania scenery, and all autogen trees where back on Flytampa EHAM,

I did this test multiple times to be sure.

I have Prepar 3d v4.5 + HF 2

i have also installed,

REX 5 SKYFORCE 3D

Flytampa EHAM,

ORBX global,

ORBX LC europe,

ORBX trees,

ORBX HD buildings

ORBX LOWI,

LIEO,

LYBE,

justsim Nice airport,

and Aerosoft Malaga too.

I use windows 10 home newest build

my system is:

asus i3-6100 3,75ghz

nvidia gtx 1650 with 4gb

RAM is 8 gb

Direct X 12

disk space over 600gb free where my p3d and addons are installed on

I add some screenshots to explain the issue hopefully someone can help me figure out, what the issue can be.

regards Thomas

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Okay we seen this same issue with Lukla, it is caused by a bug in P3D.  The issue is that if you add autogen the way Lockheed wants it done, one add-on can block (in principle all) other add-ons.

Let me ask the devs to comment.

Good day Thomas and thank you for your kind words, 

What Mathijs said seems to be true. Adding a custom autogen folder with default.xml and autogendescriptions.spb into a scenery is a normal method for P3D V4.5. However, it seems to create a conflict with other sceneries. Another user did not see the autogen from LGSA instead of losing it from another area(s). He was one of my beta testers and did not face this problem during testing but after installing it from the installer (however it is not a problem caused by the installer). Problem disappeared by disabling one of his other sceneries installed before LGSA. We are in touch and troubleshooting. 

I have recently read a discussion at FSDeveloper where a developer faced a similar issue (his scenery was conflicting with other sceneries' autogen) in New Zealand. 

This discussion leads to the conclusion that the most possible files to conflict with each other are the multiple default.xml (you will see that my scenery also has a file like that). Not loosing all your autogen from Fly Tampa but rather some of it strengthens this assumption.

I know also that Fly Tampa uses it's own default.xml file at least in their library files. I don't know if EHAM has another file like that.

Concluding:

Please re-install LGSA and move default.xml file that is in it's autogen folder, outside P3D (i.e on desktop) and check if your EHAM trees are back. This action will make all LGSA autogen dissapear but will help me clarifying that the problem is with default.xml

I 'm already preparing an update for the scenery (including PBR ground textures and some other stuff). If we do confirm that this is the issue I will also edit the autogen of the scenery so that no custom default.xml is needed. 

If not, I still checking for solutions with my beta tester I mentioned before and any solution will be announced or included in an update. 

Kind regards, 

-=Manwlo=-

9 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Could this be solved with the tool Autogen ConfigurationMerger?

P3DV4.5 does not need this tool to merge the autogen (this is what is also mentioned in this tool's manual). I have uninstalled the tool from my P3D since the developer (Arno) says it is not required anymore.  However, I checked it with the beta tester mentioned before as a potential solution and it did not resolve the issue.

-=Manwlo=-

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had also problems with lukla, as it was adding autogen via add-on.xml.

If this method is used (like in chania) all other autogen is ignored and only the default autogen values are being used by P3D. Also the by 3rd party added entry’s to the default default.xml are ignored. 

I fixed it by using autogen configuration merger.

3 hours ago, manwlo said:

Good day Thomas and thank you for your kind words, 

What Mathijs said seems to be true. Adding a custom autogen folder with default.xml and autogendescriptions.spb into a scenery is a normal method for P3D V4.5. However, it seems to create a conflict with other sceneries. Another user did not see the autogen from LGSA instead of losing it from another area(s). He was one of my beta testers and did not face this problem during testing but after installing it from the installer (however it is not a problem caused by the installer). Problem disappeared by disabling one of his other sceneries installed before LGSA. We are in touch and troubleshooting. 

I have recently read a discussion at FSDeveloper where a developer faced a similar issue (his scenery was conflicting with other sceneries' autogen) in New Zealand. 

This discussion leads to the conclusion that the most possible files to conflict with each other are the multiple default.xml (you will see that my scenery also has a file like that). Not loosing all your autogen from Fly Tampa but rather some of it strengthens this assumption.

I know also that Fly Tampa uses it's own default.xml file at least in their library files. I don't know if EHAM has another file like that.

Concluding:

Please re-install LGSA and move default.xml file that is in it's autogen folder, outside P3D (i.e on desktop) and check if your EHAM trees are back. This action will make all LGSA autogen dissapear but will help me clarifying that the problem is with default.xml

I 'm already preparing an update for the scenery (including PBR ground textures and some other stuff). If we do confirm that this is the issue I will also edit the autogen of the scenery so that no custom default.xml is needed. 

If not, I still checking for solutions with my beta tester I mentioned before and any solution will be announced or included in an update. 

Kind regards, 

-=Manwlo=-

Hi manwlo,

Thanks for the support, i did the steps you advised me to do.

I did as a test the steps you advised me to do, I reinstalled my LGSA scenery, and putted the default.xml from the LGSA scenery to my desktop, and indeed all the trees on EHAM where normal, and all autogen on LGSA is dissapeared like you told me, and when i putted the default.xml back into the LGSA autogen folder the autogen on EHAM dissapeared again, and on LGSA the autogen was back.

I looking forward to the update,  and thanks for the great support, and great work.

kind regards

Thomas

9 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

I had also problems with lukla, as it was adding autogen via add-on.xml.

If this method is used (like in chania) all other autogen is ignored and only the default autogen values are being used by P3D. Also the by 3rd party added entry’s to the default default.xml are ignored. 

I fixed it by using autogen configuration merger.

Hi Masterhawk,

I tried to use the autogen configuration merger too, but unfortunately  it had no results for me, the problem still existed

kind regards

Thomas

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, thomas_1975 said:

Hi manwlo,

Thanks for the support, i did the steps you advised me to do.

I did as a test the steps you advised me to do, I reinstalled my LGSA scenery, and putted the default.xml from the LGSA scenery to my desktop, and indeed all the trees on EHAM where normal, and all autogen on LGSA is dissapeared like you told me, and when i putted the default.xml back into the LGSA autogen folder the autogen on EHAM dissapeared again, and on LGSA the autogen was back.

I looking forward to the update,  and thanks for the great support, and great work.

kind regards

Thomas

Hi Masterhawk,

I tried to use the autogen configuration merger too, but unfortunately  it had no results for me, the problem still existed

kind regards

Thomas

Installation and configuration is not easy.

you have to make a folder Chania autogen, inside that folder two folders. An empty folder scenery, and a folder autogen with the autogen data. This has to be added via scenery.cfg, as autogen merger does not read add-on.xml

41 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Installation and configuration is not easy.

you have to make a folder Chania autogen, inside that folder two folders. An empty folder scenery, and a folder autogen with the autogen data. This has to be added via scenery.cfg, as autogen merger does not read add-on.xml

Hi Masterhawk,

I going to try this option i report back when ready

best regards

Thomas

I did this test and unfortunately it had no results

2 hours ago, thomas_1975 said:

Hi Masterhawk,

I going to try this option i report back when ready

best regards

Thomas

I did this test and unfortunately it had no results

I think i have it working now, im testing a while until now

How did i do it:

i followed your tutorial and with some thinking finally its good now

I made a folder inside LGSA, i  called it: Chania autogen,

inside that folder i made an empty folder named scenery.

and a folder autogen with the autogen data like the xml, and the AutogenDescriptions.spb from LGSA default files,

Then i added the Chania autogen folder above the AE LGSA folder in the scenery library of p3d

the first time i tested it it didnt work, after that i was thinking what i could do further,

Then i decided to reinstall the justsim LFMN, and the justsim libraries wich contains the autogen configuration merger,

First i had that scenery installed in an custom folder, now i installed it in the folder recommended by the installer wich is the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, and i started p3d v4 up and saw the

autogen configuration merger working it told me to restart p3d to configure autogen and

Now i have on LGSA and EHAM  all trees! Like a miracle happened

i tested it now a long time and all trees seems to stay in place.

I added some screenshots about the new situation

I will thank you all for the super excellent support, finally i have here the solution.

best regards

Thomas

3 hours ago, thomas_1975 said:

Unfortunately i'm back at point zero the autogen on LGSA dissapeared again, i'm out of options now.

Hi, 

After doing some troubleshooting with thomas_1975 we managed to find out a way to make the autogen visible. I will so, re-make a part of the autogen so that it does not conflict with other sceneries.

This will be included in an update along with some other interesting additions. :-)

-=Manwlo=-

• 3 weeks later...

Archived