What is causing this condition?

I managed to take two screenshots of the flying issue I experience.  This is the climb phase, in one flight with the A319  and following a flight plan generated in Simbrief. What am I doing wrong? The aircraft takes off and climbs following all constraints in the flight plan. I do have the latest update from Aerosoft, and running the latest version of P3D version 4. Unfortunately, the second screenshot disappeared showing the aircraft  losing altitude. How do I fix this issue? Suggestions?

Please login to display this image.

The screen shot shows that you've lost airspeed and entered into Alpha Floor, and that is the reason you started loosing altitude.  I haven't seen this behavior since the early Beta.  I'll be making a few flights in the customer version of the aircraft in the next several days and I'll keep an eye out for it happening.

To correct, place the speed in the Selected Mode, set a higher climb speed (around 210 to 260 depending on your existing altitude - leaving room on the engine thrust for the climb), and once you've climbed back up to cruise altitude switch back to managed mode.  If it occurs again, leave speed in the selected mode.

I hope this is helpful.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Fred,

It looks like you forgot to set the altitude to managed before takeoff. Always check that you have a dot on the right side of the altitude reading before taking off. Good memory rule I used years ago to check the correct configuration was dash-dot-dash-dot-dot-dash to check the FCU values from left to right.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is this the same issue, this time illustrated with screenshots, that you asked about here?

If so, we'll close that one since the snippit above captures your hnitial report and continue with this one. If different, we'll keep both open, but then you'll need to supply the requested screenshots for the earlier thread.

I don't know what I am doing wrong. I reviewed the step by step, because during a flight from KATL to KDTW the aircraft A321, would not climb, it went into AFloor and stayed there. Even if I tried selected mode for the speed, nothing speed would not increase, nor the altitude. I don't know what to do. I have the latest versions updated by the Aerosoft updater. This is the same issue I had withe the A319 on October 20. I don't know if uninstalling the aircraft and reinstalling them would help or just reinstall them over the old installation. This is getting to be very annoying and not very enjoyable. Suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the Same issue.  Erratic pitching....extremely aggressive and bothersome.  I have the latest updates and this still happens frequently.  Had the same issue with the A318-A321...and only Aersoft.  It seems to occur when loading scenery or weather transitions....I don't know.

Using activesky, Enviro Force, Sky Force and many scenery addons (600+). and chase palne

Was about to open a new heading, but found this

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you experience any heavy turbulence?

Especially AS has default unrealistic high values.

21 hours ago, keino333 said:

I have the Same issue.  Erratic pitching....extremely aggressive and bothersome.  I have the latest updates and this still happens frequently.  Had the same issue with the A318-A321...and only Aersoft.  It seems to occur when loading scenery or weather transitions....I don't know.

Using activesky, Enviro Force, Sky Force and many scenery addons (600+). and chase palne

Was about to open a new heading, but found this

1 hour ago, masterhawk said:

Did you experience any heavy turbulence?

Especially AS has default unrealistic high values.

Not that I recall..wind turbulence is 100 , Cloud is off

But this tends to happen when the sim freezes (FPS) to less than 10fps....I don't know why it does or what is causing it

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is more a problem of your entire system and not the A330.  The A330 just suffers from too low FPS in your sim. It can by no means define a minimum FPS the simulator can't drop below. 

You should try to lower the scenery and autogen density settings in your sim. 

1 hour ago, okupton said:

Is this the only payware aircraft that requires a certain performance threshold to function properly? 

THAT'S  what is beyond me.  No other aircraft in my sim has this issue...and I have them all.  Only the Airbuses are effected.  I just find it concerning for this to be the case.  Shocks, pairing the AS333 and AS EDDF there is no way I can see the best of these two offerings because of this kinda of restriction.  And flying to AS/SimWings EGLL is a no go.  

That's unfortunate.

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 hours ago, okupton said:

Is this the only payware aircraft that requires a certain performance threshold to function properly? 

All our Airbuses have this requirement. You can't have a highly complex add-on and expect it to function properly in an overloaded simulator. 18 FPS are not really a high threshhold you have to get above. 

As I said, with calibrating your simulator accordingly this shouldn't be a problem at all (taken your system is within the required hardware specs).

Friends,

The Aerosoft Airbus Pro are the only airliners that are compiled using P3Dv4.5 compilers.  With that, one simply can't compare the Airbus to aircraft of other developers.

Yes, the Airbus professional is directly tied to frame rates, it's been that way since the very first Aerosoft Airbus for FSX.  I can't explain WHY we do that, only that we do. This means that if your system is not capable of a steady 18fps while running the Airbus the aircraft is going to get wonky on you when spikes low on frame rates (turbulence or loading new weather textures can do this).

One way to help with this is to disable turbo mode and lock each of your cores to a constant clock speed in your BIOS.  Of course I have to say "Do this at your own risk!".  I've done this on my i7-4770K (a very old Haswell processor by modern standards) for years.  The I7-4770K has a core speed of 3.6GHz and I have mine overclocked to 4.5GHz with each core locked at that speed.  This means that my cores always run that speed instead of cycling up and down which believe it or not can induce spikes to lower frame rates. Having a water cooler helps keep the cores nice a cool even with them locked at that speed.

I agree with Tom, one needs to groom their PC and P3D settings to get the best performance. There are other things you can do... like your P3D settings.   Now I always run at 4K graphics settings, but all the time we see people increasing other sliders for their P3D graphics settings and turning on most eveything they can until they computer rebels on them!  There is a point of diminishing return (benefit) when doing this.  It's fine for GA flying, but causes lots of problems when you're flying complex airliners, especially in and out of large payware airports.  Now, don't even get me started about the negative effects of P3D tweaks and third party shaders... which can make your CPU and GPU work harder which of course means less frames.

I get between 40 and 60fps flying the A330, and I run a 55 inch 4K and three 23 inch 1080p monitors off a single vanilla GTX1080 with a rather incredible amount of flight sim and stream software every time I fly (I still don't have enough room on all my monitors to display all the software, even in smaller windows).

Here are my P3D settings, in case you'd like to see them. I don't recommend going higher than these settings in an airliner:

I hope this is little helpful to you guys.

While i appreciate the advise on how to setup P3d, I’ve got my sim looking and performing better than ever before (with top tier addon planes) and I am not going to reduce settings just to make your product function. I really don’t understand why the plane was designed this way. Not trying to pick at aerosoft, but the logic just doesn’t make sense to me. Luckily I haven’t purchased the A330 yet so no loss for me, but I am very disappointed. Was really looking forward to having a solid A330 in my hangar. 

1 hour ago, Tom A320 said:

All our Airbuses have this requirement. You can't have a highly complex add-on and expect it to function properly in an overloaded simulator. 18 FPS are not really a high threshhold you have to get above. 

As I said, with calibrating your simulator accordingly this shouldn't be a problem at all (taken your system is within the required hardware specs).

I disagree with you. I have a few payware aircraft that exceed the complexity of the aerosoft offerings by a wide margin, and have never had issues with a low frame rates causing a plane not to function. This is a design flaw unique to your products. 

Archived