MIlan Malpensa LIMC problem

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Der von Nebenan said:

I get the .png error message, too;

0:02:58.820 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'a330stat_0.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/AS - Milan_Malpensa - LIMC/objects/'.
0:02:58.820 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: PING-FILE ERROR!
0:02:58.820 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: setjmp(png_ptr->jmpbuf
0:02:58.820 E/SYS: THREAD FATAL ASSERT: Custom Scenery/AS - Milan_Malpensa - LIMC/All Markings/68.png

I use ortho4xp has it something to do with it?

I've exactly the same problem.  

Addon unusable.

Downloaded the zip yesterday:  filesize 1,5 GB i.s.o. indicated 2.2 GB.

• Administrator

There are some problems with the zipped data... It seems to be difficulty.

We are working on it. Sorry for the issue.

I will post an info if we will upload a working version.

Greets Heinz

Good evening, i haven't bought it yet, but from the photos you see the area outside the airport (terminal 1) and without highways?

Is there only the orthophoto? so there is no cars traffic and correct?

48 minutes ago, six75 said:

Good evening, i haven't bought it yet, but from the photos you see the area outside the airport (terminal 1) and without highways?

Is there only the orthophoto? so there is no cars traffic and correct?

The Airport only comes with the one ortho now with regards to traffic etc and highways we have had to place exclusion zones because the roads go through buildings and that is out of our control.

11 hours ago, ashj24uk said:

The Airport only comes with the one ortho now with regards to traffic etc and highways we have had to place exclusion zones because the roads go through buildings and that is out of our control.

OK thanks

Redownloaded the zip file.   Now everything is working fine.

Magnificient scenery, especially the night lighting.

Good framerate.

Thanks to the development team.

Just to let you know we will have a ortho4xp patch file for everyone who uses ortho4xp just need to make adjustments and read me file then we will pass this to Aerosoft when it’s ready.

Hi everyone, 

I have purchased and installed this scenery from the org store today, and after some initial issues with one specific file not being correctly extracted , I was finally able to load it correctly.

I experienced some kind of png error when loading the scene, after reading a through a couple of forum search results I tried one interesting suggestion: now to my surprise it was only a matter of opening the file in gimp and re-exporting it as png file... ok, I told myself might just due to an error extracting the BIG file. But then I realized the size of that file and what it was... a taxi way sign with a file size of 6MB!!! All those little signs across the whole airport have that size of 2048x2048. Then, having a look at my xp settings, I realized that my memory consumption was showing 18540 MB see below shot. Another heavy scene by Aerosoft, EDDF shows half of it at the same medium settings (yes I am running three screens)

I tried reducing the size of this sign to 512x512 and 256x256, and guess what? it worked. This is a comparison shot, note the difference in "size in memory":

Please login to display this image.

then, looking at those textures sitting in the cockpit:

I had always a good word for Aerosoft scenery, but this does not seem to be at your standards, I'm afraid. 

Regards

Oscar

• Administrator

Hello donoscar,

it seems, that you don't have the newest version from LIMC. Yesterday we (Aerosoft) have uplodaed a fixed version (always 1.00).

So also the Org shop shall have this version.

So try to redownload it from there if you have purchased with the Org shop.

I have loaded LIMC here with the same X-Plane 11 settings as you have.

About 8 GB textures loaded. Its much Video RAM, that is right.... But 18 GB is tooo much. 

But the developers are online here too.

They will read your post and will answer I think....

Greets Heinz

6 minutes ago, Heinz Flichtbeil said:

Hello donoscar,

it seems, that you don't have the newest version from LIMC. Yesterday we (Aerosoft) have uplodaed a fixed version (always 1.00).

So also the Org shop shall have this version.

So try to redownload it from there if you have purchased with the Org shop.

I have loaded LIMC here with the same X-Plane 11 settings as you have.

About 8 GB textures loaded. Its much Video RAM, that is right.... But 18 GB is tooo much. 

But the developers are online here too.

They will read your post and will answer I think....

Greets Heinz

Thanks Heinz,

the donwnload size alone is impressive considering it does only contain limited ortho imagery coverage

1 hour ago, ashj24uk said:

Their will be a update coming soon.

that will include world traffic route

and ortho4xp patch and animation

fix.

What about an update fixing useless insane high resolution taxi markings and other images to reduce memory usage?

maybe someone still cares about WT, eventually there should be a patch, but most important would be to produce a scenery pack matching today’s  XP pay-ware standards.

did you even read my post about mem usage?

3 minutes ago, donoscar said:

What about an update fixing useless insane high resolution taxi markings and other images to reduce memory usage?

maybe someone still cares about WT, eventually there should be a patch, but most important would be to produce a scenery pack matching today’s  XP pay-ware standards.

did you even read my post about mem usage?

Ok well that is your opinion your entitled to that but no one else’s has complained about any of the things you have mentioned. The only complaints we have received has been orthophoto that is why the ortho4xp patch is coming out.  considering this Airport has not been touched from when it was a fsx product originally this is the best you will get for this Airport. I’m not going to go into detail about the issues we have faced with this Airport. This is up to do payware standards its The best representation of the Airport. Now with that said we will look at the markings.

29 minutes ago, ashj24uk said:

Ok well that is your opinion your entitled to that but no one else’s has complained about any of the things you have mentioned. The only complaints we have received has been orthophoto that is why the ortho4xp patch is coming out.  considering this Airport has not been touched from when it was a fsx product originally this is the best you will get for this Airport. I’m not going to go into detail about the issues we have faced with this Airport. This is up to do payware standards its The best representation of the Airport. Now with that said we will look at the markings.

Wow

Look at this picture... it’s the first thing that you stare at when you launch the sim.

this is XP standards? I would say the SAM bridge (at the right, not the green one) and the parking guidance system yes, the rest, hmmm barely xp 9

but you didn’t do neither the bridge nor the parking guidance right? Look at the difference in resolutions!!! But your taxi markings are super high res?
I don’t care about how difficult this was and how much time it took, I just care about the 30 bucks you asked for something I would have been much better off keeping using the known freeware. If you are not capable of producing a good pay ware, don’t, but don’t blame your incompetence on us customers. And just because the original product is not good enough for today’s sim doesn’t mean you can’t improve it. You could, should innovate and improve.

11 minutes ago, donoscar said:

Wow

Look at this picture... it’s the first thing that you stare at when you launch the sim.

this is XP standards? I would say the SAM bridge (at the right, not the green one) and the parking guidance system yes, the rest, hmmm barely xp 9

but you didn’t do neither the bridge nor the parking guidance right? Look at the difference in resolutions!!! But your taxi markings are super high res?
I don’t care about how difficult this was and how much time it took, I just care about the 30 bucks you asked for something I would have been much better off keeping using the known freeware. If you are not capable of producing a good pay ware, don’t, but don’t blame your incompetence on us customers. And just because the original product is not good enough for today’s sim doesn’t mean you can’t improve it. You could, should innovate and improve.

We appreciate the Fact you have mentioned a few issues here , The Resolution of the Certain Airport Files are something we are not responsible for . We did not Design this product, we are Mearly responsible for the conversion fo this product to the X Plane 11 Platform. Conversions are just that. Conversions ,  We do not change things like Textures…. Whatever ‘’ The Original ‘’ Product had we use that. We are not texture artists. We are conversion artists. It is important you understand what that means.  Regarding the Price.  We are not responsible for the Price of the Product. We once again nearly convert the product and are paid for the Convesrsion.  The product is Checked by Aerosoft before released for quality. And if they think it is. Good enough they bring it over. Windsock As a company is not responsible for the quality of the original product.

38 minutes ago, ashj24uk said:

We appreciate the Fact you have mentioned a few issues here , The Resolution of the Certain Airport Files are something we are not responsible for . We did not Design this product, we are Mearly responsible for the conversion fo this product to the X Plane 11 Platform. Conversions are just that. Conversions ,  We do not change things like Textures…. Whatever ‘’ The Original ‘’ Product had we use that. We are not texture artists. We are conversion artists. It is important you understand what that means.  Regarding the Price.  We are not responsible for the Price of the Product. We once again nearly convert the product and are paid for the Convesrsion.  The product is Checked by Aerosoft before released for quality. And if they think it is. Good enough they bring it over. Windsock As a company is not responsible for the quality of the original product.

thank you, I read what I needed to know, not necessarily what I was hoping as an answer, but a statement.

I am not sure you do yourselves a favor calibrating  quality and prices of your products with a product that now has over 12 years or so and pretend this is the market today. but it is a statement and this is your right as a company. 

who btw said it was forbidden to improve a product that has come to age with today’s techniques? At least the most visible ones, then we could agree on a value add.

Hi

I bought and downloaded LIMC for X-plane a few hours ago and get the PNG-error. Can you confirm that x-plane store still hasn't got the fix? 

I don't have a Facebook account.

Log.txt

1 hour ago, swemw said:

Hi

I bought and downloaded LIMC for X-plane a few hours ago and get the PNG-error. Can you confirm that x-plane store still hasn't got the fix? 

I don't have a Facebook account.

Log.txt 154.07 kB · 0 downloads

You can work around this issue by opening that file, 75.png in my case, with photoshop or gimp and re-export it as png, waiting for an update

Archived