CRJ 700 FMS keeps rejecting my flight plan made with PFPX

I'm quite new to this stuff so if I have missed something obvious pls dont chew my head off.

Any how I have been trying to do a FSpassenger flight from Winnipeg int (CYWG) to Vancouver int (CYVR) (Alt Kamloops (CYKA)), I have updated all my Navdata with the single datasheet Oct-Nov2019  (FSX, PFPX and the CRJ700/900 are up to date) the routes are calculated with PFPX and uploaded to FSX and CRJ700/900 flight plan folder, I start my boarding procedure and try and load said flight plan to the FMS via the Route menu and I get a load error, before I updated the Navdata all the prebaked flight plans in the route menu loaded just fine but the one I made, at that point I figured the problem was a diffidence in NavData date codes so I ended up getting everything on the same page and yet I keep getting the load error with my new recalculated PFPX flight plan, I have tried tweaking my plan by dropping the Alt route and changing the flight level but every new flight plan i make for the FMS keeps getting a load error so i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong 

I'm also using Active Sky 16 (latest ver), FS-Flight control (latest ver), the CRJ manager for fuel calculation, FSpassenger, Aerosoft CRJ700/900 and FSX:SE  EDIT: My CRJ700/900 is Ver.1.230 just fyi

not sure what im doing wrong here but if the Navdata is the same across the board you think anything made with PFPX would just work with the CRJ's FMS maybe I'm getting routes that are unacceptable for the CRJ and need to change something in PFPX but I dont know that much about the FXFP (I figured everything i Know with FPFX by trail and error sooo I might be missing a something there) or maybe I'm missing something with the FSM, there is alot going on with that litter computer and I have only gotten part way thru the documentation,  I figured I had read enough to get a flight going but i guess not

Ok i did some reading here in the forums and read the pinned msg about the CRJ's FSM having a issue with the new nav data, I have been trying to follow the procedure to update to experimental but I"m having issues with the update program not letting me update to experimental after I follower the instructions and restarting the program, going to keep working on it any tips or help would be appreciated.

it tells me regular and experimental updates are for this product but wont let me do any updating 😕

Please login to display this image.

I tried to force the update but I think it just brought me back to 1.2.3 and further looking in to it I was trying to get to experimental ver. 1.2.2.3 so i was going backwards thinking I was going forwards and I dont think i solved anything going to see if anything changed with the update I forced but i doubt it, most likely back to square one

Ya no joy, still wont accept my flight plan 😕

Wow found this post in the PFPX section Can't load PFPX flight plans into CRJ, this guy is having the same problem with flight plans made in PFPX not working with CRJ FSM and it looks like there is a bug in the way PFPX makes flight plans and he has been waiting for support on the problem since July and according to his last post they have yet to get back to him... not good.....

Well I made a support ticket with FligtSimSoft.com and linked this post, explained my situation and the conclusion I came to regarding this problem, we will see if they get back to me soon but from what i read there support is very minimal.... In the mean time is there a alternate program I can use for PFPX, preferably it gives flight plans for the CRJ700/900, Airbus A319,A319,A320,A321 FMS so I can use on board navigation to do my flying, this problem has held me up for 2 whole days so far and I would like to move on with my life I have FSpassenger flights to do and would like to do them instead of trouble shoot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks for reading 

In the mean time I will be relegated to programming all nav data in to the FSM manually... well I guess I will have try and make it line up with ATC, or can I send a flight plan from the FSM to ATC... I got some reading to do...

Just want to add that since making this post and discovering the issues I am experiencing (It has not been game breaking at all just inconvenient) I have come to appreciate the power of the FMS computer. I have not figured it all out yet, most of my knowledge is from the tutorial book and some from the FMS manual but i got enough to the point were i can use it successfully, its just a pain to have to manually enter every rout (I'm using PFPX to make the route and then I enter the route string)  but then when I'm done I can save it for later.

There is one thing I have noticed when making routes departing CYEG and again CYVR, unlike in the tutorial were I would have to option to plot a transition from the SID at these airports at least I dont have a transition option in the dep menu after selecting the SID (and i tried more then one SID and no Trans option) so the only option is getting Vectors form ATC and when done removing VECT from the Legs menu, and its not a problem for me to do that, I always fly with ATC anyway it just I wonder is it supposed to be this way or do i have a setting wrong/missing a step and maybe this is the cause of all my before mentioned aggravation with PFPX and the FMS.

so in short is it normal at some airports to get no Trans options after selecting a SID and having to get vectors from ATC or am I doing it wrong, I am quite noobish and a filthy casual when it come to flight sims but im more than willing to learn, be it a slow place at times.

Thanks for reading me talking to my self :P and as always I would appreciate any help and thanks fro you time. 

• Developer

PFPX simply doesn't write the correct CRJ flightplan format. The data in the .flp file is incomplete (about 70% of information is missing) and really nothing the CRJ could import. I don't know if the PFPX developers ever tested their export function, but it doesn't seem so.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted the PFPX support and I will take it from there when they get back to me, in the mean time I just have to do all the FMS stuff manually witch I thought would be a pain but its turning out not to bad. 

Anyway thanks for taking a look in to it for me Hans, I do appreciate you looking at the file PFPX made for the CRJ's FMS, and on the topic of the CRJ, I am really enjoying flying it alot and it has made me want to come back and keep playing FSX, I usually would play for a week or 2 and then stop for a long while.

anyway thanks for your help on the subject but like you said its a PFPX issue so I'm done with this thread, I can be closed if need be.

PS sry I did not reply sooner, started playing battletech, and binged for a few weeks kinda forgot about this post in that time. Anyway thanks again time for me to get better at flying the CRJ700 :) (By using FSpassnger and not scaring the crap out of my passengers)

Archived