How do you update PFPX with Nav data pro (only one day sub pls help)

kato1144

I got the Areosoft CRJ 700/900 planes and ended up getting PFPX along with it, to good software and a good plane but I was having errors importing PFPX routes in to the FMS, i realized the FMS nav data was a year newer (Aug/2017) vs PFPX  (June/2016) so i figured that explains the errors, So i figured I would get Nav data pro for a day to update my nav data so I dont run in to this problem (I only got a day as I only play off line and I dont play all year round I pick up and drop off FSX on and off) sol i figured I would update PFPX and move on with my life, sadly I have no idea how that's done, google is not much help I keep finding topic on Navigraph and thats not helping... 

Anyway if some one can pls help me with updating my nav data for PFPX and if possible the FMS for the CRJ700/900, and while im on the topic of FMS in planes I grabbed the "official" Airbus A318-A319, Airbus A320-A321 and the Virtualcol Airbus A220 planes, i have yet to fly/learn them but im assuming they have nav data needs too so if i can update everything so I dont have to worry latter on that would be sweet

PS the A318 to A321 were purchased off of steam if that matters, anyway I appreciate any help, kinda feel like i shot my self in the foot buy only getting the one day and thinking it would just update everything automatically, now I'm in a time crunch to figure this out...

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you do not want to buy a subscription, you can buy only one dataset. Then you have to download this dataset for ALL products you own and which are supported. This is very important, because as soon as a new dataset (AIRAC cycle) is available, you have no access to older datasets.

Ok, but I already purchased the one day sub, can I update my planes and PFPX with that or do i need to get the data sheets? 

If so can you link the page and explain what i do with them or show me were there is a guide.

I found the Data sheet here, it looks like it is compatible with everything but the Airbus A220, I can live with that for all I know the A220 will just use what ever I send to ATC or I will just have to buy another Data sheet down the road when the Virtualcol Airbus A220 is added. 

Before I get this I just want to be clear that my current one day sub will not provide me with the updated Nav Data for the apps and planes, just want to be sure before I make more purchases. 

Once again any help on this topic is appreciated.

Is the clarification I'm asking for here difficult to answer? a simple "yes you can" or "no you cant get the nav sheets" would be helpful.... It seems that of the nearly 40 views this post has gotten I only got a half answer (maybe it's a full answer just missing the context i need/wanted) and I dont want to be pushy but the Nav Data Pro I have right now has a time limit of one day and i'm not sure if that is 12 or 24hr and secondly I would like to move on with my life and fly the planes I paid for sooooo I'm just going to assume that when Mopperle replied to me he/she meant to say if I want to update my nav data I needed to get the Single data sheet and not Nav Data Pro charts sub, this makes some sense but the way the reply is written "If you do not want to buy a subscription, you can buy only one dataset." makes me think the Nav data pro sub can get me the data sheet too some how and I just dont know how hence why the stalling and asking for clarification. Anyway I'm going to get the Single Data sheet now and hope it's what I need and it will most like be it I hope.... I just cant help and think I have what I need with the Nav Data Pro Sub I already have and just dont know how to get it... ARGGG I wish a had a clear answer....

Just a side question if anyone cares to answer, if the Single data sheet is the update files for Nav data then what is the point of the Nav data pro Subs, beside being a fancy map program, it list off it's compatibility like the Data sheet program so you think it would interface or update the data bases of PFPX and such but as far as I can tell it does nothing and has no options besides being a standalone flight planner, so as a final request for my topic here can some one explain the Nav data ecosystem to me because I'm new to this stuff and it has left me utterly confused and frustrated.

Before I go I would like to thank you Mopperle, I might have not understood fully what you were saying but I appreciate you still taking the time to try and help me, it seems others were not as eager to help with what i thought would be a simple yes or no answer so thanks again for making the effort I really do appreciate it.

Just incase some one is not sure like I was and is looking in to this down the road the Single Data sheet was what I needed to update my nav data, I did not know/understand that with the info I could find on the subject and ended up purchasing something I did not need like the Navdata chart subscription that I grabbed, I'm still not sure what it is for as PFPX does all I want for routeing so not sure.... Anyway sry my last post was abit salty its just been a endeavor to fly this CRJ700, and to have the FSM computer basically stop me due to a out of date map was something.

PS I almost grabbed the one year sub for Nav Data pro, good thing a saw the one day option, might have been some what more salty lol.

unless any one wants to explain to me what I dont understand about Nav Data pro (witch would be cool) otherwise I'm done with this post, always thanks for  your time and I appreciate any help.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The single dataset of NavDataPro is no subscription. You just buy this single dataset and thats it. What Otto also told you is, that while the dataset you bought is still valid (i.e. no new AIRAC cycle has been released yet) you need to download the navigation data for all your add-ons (which are supported) and update them. Once a new AIRAC cycle is released you are not having download access to the dataset you purchased anymore.

Of course the data is then still locally on your machine, and you can reinstall your add-ons any time and update them with the locally stored navigation data again.

You are also referring to the "one day option". This only relates to the charts. For the navigation data there is just the "one dataset" option.

Ok thanks, still not sure what the charts are used for, as for the data sheet it is what i needed and it worked great to update all my nav data on my tools and planes, sadly I found out that buying addons from steam in a mistake as my Airbus A318-A321 are all broken and I had to rebuy them off of here, as you can see I'm new to this flight sim  stuff and I'm having abit of a learning curve.

thanks for bearing with me :)

Archived