VNRT + VNRC Appear Closed on Maps

danewatson

Both Little NavMap as well as AivlaSoft EFB2 after doing database updates still do not recognize VNRT and VNRC as airport - they appear Closed (X). Also Navigraph does show VNRC but not VNRT.

I am wondering why as one is not able to create a flight plan to or from these airports?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Maybe you should ask this the dev of LittleMap. It got nothing to do with the scenery.

regarding the databases: As there are no real commercial flights to those airports and none of the airlines using data from Lido (NavdataPro) or Jeppesen (navigraph) request them, they are not part of the database. Also there are no charts or whatever available. despite a small description on this site: http://www.caanepal.gov.np/aerodromes/domestic-airports

But this informatiosn can also be found in the Lukla manual, assuming you are talking about this scenery.

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

Maybe you should ask this the dev of LittleMap. It got nothing to do with the scenery.

regarding the databases: As there are no real commercial flights to those airports and none of the airlines using data from Lido (NavdataPro) or Jeppesen (navigraph) request them, they are not part of the database. Also there are no charts or whatever available. despite a small description on this site: http://www.caanepal.gov.np/aerodromes/domestic-airports

But this informatiosn can also be found in the Lukla manual, assuming you are talking about this scenery.

Thank you for your reply.

My only reason for wondering why those two airports show as closed on the map is because the map gets that information from the P3D scenery database bgl files - maybe it is reading the P3D default and not the Aerosoft Lukla - I will check further.

EDIT:

I just realized that Little NavMap is reading the Aerosoft Lukla scenery because it does show VNPL, VNL1, VNL2, etc.

So again my question is why doesn't VNRT and VNRC show as open airports?

I will follow up with Little NavMap and see if they can spread some more light on this.

Please login to display this image.

Archived