EDDF gate renumbered

justadude

Hello,

I recently noticed that many gates in EDDF have been renumbered. For example gate A66 is now gate A906 this has o0ccured all over the airport without any change to the files.

GSX has updated several times, but the configuration files have not been changed. I reinstalled them, but the gate numbers are still the same partially incorrect ones as before.

I am not sure what would cause this. Does anyone have an idea?

P3Dv4.5 hotfix2

orbx global, vector germany north and south.

gsx

is what I have installed.

Thanks

Looking at the latest chart A66 is still there and A66 is still on the AFCAD so maybe its a GSX issue , i dont use it so thats maybe why mine still says the correct A66.

Sorry i cant be of any more help

Rich

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 hours ago, justadude said:

I recently noticed that many gates in EDDF have been renumbered. For example gate A66 is now gate A906

Where did you get this information from? All official charts (Lido, Jeppesen, Eurocontrol dated August 2019) still show A66.

12 hours ago, mopperle said:

Where did you get this information from? All official charts (Lido, Jeppesen, Eurocontrol dated August 2019) still show A66.

As I stated in my post, at some point in my sim the gates where renumbered. I do not know why or when exactly. I am aware that all the official charts the correct number is still A66 and not A906.

I was wondering if anyone encountered similar issues.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It appears to be just your system as no one else among thousands of users reported this. I just took a look at the gate in P3D v4.5HF2 with EDDF Pro and the Aerosoft Airbus Pro, and there is no A gate with three digits in the selection menu. When I select A66 as the start stand, the gate sign also says A66. See the attached screenshots for what I see.

There's no doubt here you're seeing something else. You may have a conflicting AFCAD file from Orbx Germany South, an AI traffic add-on or a previously installed EDDF on your system. For Orbx, look for any file in [Your sim folder]\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY with EDDF in the filename and either move them to a safe place or add ".off" (without the quote marks) after the file name. For the other possibilities, look for them by doing a search in Windows Explorer for any other EDDF .bgl files wherever you might have or had your airports installed. :

Please login to display this image.

Yes, I found a thread that  instructed me to deactivate three files in the orbx folder you mentionened:

DEACTIVATE: (by renaming from .bgl to .off)

>>> in \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GES_05_SCENERY\scenery

ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF.OFF

ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF_CVX.OFF

FTX_GES_EDDF_objects.OFF"

I did this and the gates went back to normal. GSX had indeed been loading the orbx AFCAD, which strangely broungt with it the wrong gate numbers.

Once that issue was resolved I had elevation issues with toposim that I corrected by dropping the priority of the toposim folders below Oshkosh.

Now I have trees all over EDDF :

I do not know how to raise the priority of EDDF as it is loaded as an addon. This is a small excerpt but the trees are all over where they should not be.

does anyone have any ideas?

TIA

Ps. Taxi2Gate Munich and Flightbeam EDDN had similar issues with the tages and taxi routes, but cleared up when turning the GES files off. They did not exhibit the tree issues afterwards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks like you still have some conflicts. Troubleshooting such things involves returning your sim to as "stock" a status as possible, then adding add-ones one at a time or in small batches until you find the conflict. I'm not familiar with toposim, but from their website, it appears to be a mesh product, which usually doesn't affect airports, since airports have exclude files which should take out mesh errors. That said, I'd disable it until things get back to normal, then turn it back on.

1. You wrote, "I do not know how to raise the priority of EDDF as it is loaded as an addon." By that, I understand you to say it's towards the top of your scenery library in a box that you can't move. If so, that's correct and by design. Those entries are loaded by the .xml technique, which among other things, puts them at the top of your library. As for your other add-on airports, please ensure they're above your Orbx products. The easiest and best way to accomplish this is to use the Orbx insertion tool as explained here (The link is to FTX Central, but if you've updated to Orbx Central, it's the same process). Reboot and see if this fixes the issue. If not, do the next step.
  2. Open the Orbx Vector configuration tool through FTX Central/Orbx Central and run the tool in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab, ensuring that you click on "Apply" after the tool reports it's done. Reboot and see if this fixes the issue. If not, do the next step.
  3. GSX may be all or part of the problem, so disable it until further into troubleshooting. Reboot and see if this fixes the issue. If not, do the next step.
  4. If your Orbx insertion point is correct (below all other add-on airports/sceneries) then you'll need to disable all your add-on airports/sceneries that don't use the .xml technique and then recheck. If the problem is solved, add them back in systematically until you find the issue.

Reply back when you can with the results.

Archived