Cannot Install Aircraft

Brand new install and user,

Spent most of today trying to get it working with no avail. 😞 

I cannot add any aircraft to the database.  I checked the forum and tried the make the users public folder not read only, but it still doesn't work.

No aircraft can be added.

Windows 10 Home Edition, P3D 4.5, and PMDG 737, new install of NAvigraph database, and ActiveSky (also not working with PFPX).

Any suggestions?  I  have to say it is a bit poor that a $60+ software package does not install or work properly out the box without loads of manual tweaking and the posting help requests. 😞

Any help most appreciated.

Very frustrated

Bernie

Also, have updated the Microsoft C++ to the 2017 ones.

I checked the C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Folder, and it now seems impossible to make read only. Tried all the fixes to do so on the web (including command line does not work attrib -r +s C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX

Nothing works it always reverts to read only (see screen shot). IS this the issue?

Please login to display this image.

OK, following another complete removal reboot, and reinstall it now works! Go figure? 

The PFPX data folder remains read only though, so that doesn't seem to have been the issue.

Bernie

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, BernieG said:

The PFPX data folder remains read only though, so that doesn't seem to have been the issue.

Exactly. It might also be agood idea to run PFPX with administrative rights (right click on the exe, compatibility tab, "Run as...")

Archived