Support overload. We are currently seeing 65% more demand for support then we normally see. We can only assume this is because more people are at home due to the corona crises. Our complete support staff is online and they are working flat out, but it will take some days before we can scale up resources. Please be patient.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

By the way, there is an ERJ out for P3Dv4.

Only it's a port over about 10 years old 😁

1 minute ago, Shomron said:

Only it's a port over about 10 years old 😁

Indeed. But it doesnt look bad, just no PBR.

23 minutes ago, Flyboy3121 said:

I would love to sign up to be a tester. I have about two years of testing experience.

it seems we are late buddy

On 10/31/2019 at 11:22 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Pretty soon... we'll announce it at the show in Lelystad.

I have not been to this show, please tell me what was the announcement regarding the release date?  Thank you

• Upvote 2

vor 21 Stunden , Ahmad13 sagte:

I have not been to this show, please tell me what was the announcement regarding the release date?  Thank you

Planned is November 18th. If that's going to happen depends on the status of the product test by then. Or in other words: If it's not released on November 18, it's still not delayed :P 

• Like 2

On 1.11.2019 at 18:42, Hans Hartmann sagte:

Made by Holgi™. CRJ-1000 Iberia Regional (Air Nostrum) "Valencia C.F." special livery 🙂

EC-MXA.PNG

EC-MXA_2.PNG

Hey guys,
I´ve got a question about the livery compatibility of the old and the new CRJs. Will the liveries that were painted for former versions of the "old" CRJ700/900 be usable for the ACraft models of the incoming CRJs?

Cheers!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Planned is November 18th. If that's going to happen depends on the status of the product test by then. Or in other words: If it's not released on November 18, it's still not delayed :P 

Well said :)) Great news guys !!!

vor 48 Minuten, scn_spotter sagte:

Hey guys,
I´ve got a question about the livery compatibility of the old and the new CRJs. Will the liveries that were painted for former versions of the "old" CRJ700/900 be usable for the ACraft models of the incoming CRJs?

Cheers!

Yes and no. So first the "bad" news: The setup of PBR textures vs the older material format demands a new setup. But not fall into agony now, as you can fully reuse the old special livery stuff you did for your unique livery. So its more drag and drop work. The alpha channel for the diffuse map to mimick reflection became obselete. So this is less work for the repainter. The specular texture is obselete and went into the Metal texture, which is for most repaints too not touched by the repainter. So you have for one texture mostly only to work with the color texture anymore (now called ALBEDO map). All in all its less work than before to create a repaint out of the technical perspective.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden , Ahmad13 sagte:

Is performance very different compared to the regular version?

Stefan did every optimization to the model that is possible. Regarding the impact of the systems, I can't say much yet. Everything is still full of debug code and that drags performance down.

vor 8 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

Yes and no. So first the "bad" news: The setup of PBR textures vs the older material format demands a new setup. But not fall into agony now, as you can fully reuse the old special livery stuff you did for your unique livery. So its more drag and drop work. The alpha channel for the diffuse map to mimick reflection became obselete. So this is less work for the repainter. The specular texture is obselete and went into the Metal texture, which is for most repaints too not touched by the repainter. So you have for one texture mostly only to work with the color texture anymore (now called ALBEDO map). All in all its less work than before to create a repaint out of the technical perspective.

I'm not at all a repaint expert and I'm only a consumer of repaints instead of creating some myself - but do you think it is possible for us laymen to convert the old liveries to the new standards ourselves? Or should we wait until the original repainters have made the conversion themselves? Because if we can do it ourselves, an instruction for that might come very handy by the time the new CRJ is released. I am a big fan of Max Wohlerdt's Lufthansa repaints (including those for the CRJ), for example - but since he is still busy with converting his old Airbus textures to the Airbus Professional, it might save us a lot of time to do the conversion ourselves.

5 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Stefan did every optimization to the model that is possible. Regarding the impact of the systems, I can't say much yet. Everything is still full of debug code and that drags performance down.

Mmm .. I didn’t understand a lot of the answer)

I’ll try to ask this: which FPS in CRJ is the first version, and CRJ Professional?

On the same PC configuration..

vor 5 Stunden , FWAviation sagte:

I'm not at all a repaint expert and I'm only a consumer of repaints instead of creating some myself - but do you think it is possible for us laymen to convert the old liveries to the new standards ourselves? Or should we wait until the original repainters have made the conversion themselves? Because if we can do it ourselves, an instruction for that might come very handy by the time the new CRJ is released. I am a big fan of Max Wohlerdt's Lufthansa repaints (including those for the CRJ), for example - but since he is still busy with converting his old Airbus textures to the Airbus Professional, it might save us a lot of time to do the conversion ourselves.

You would need the source of the paintkit with layered content (which is seldom available, mostly flattened finalized content in DDS format, instead photoshop file) and a decent paint program which reads Photoshop format and writes DDS in DXT3, DXT5 format.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahmad13 said:

Mmm .. I didn’t understand a lot of the answer)

I’ll try to ask this: which FPS in CRJ is the first version, and CRJ Professional?

On the same PC configuration..

We can not answer this at the moment. There is no release candidate available yet. On my system I do not see a big difference between the two. 

vor 4 Stunden , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

You would need the source of the paintkit with layered content (which is seldom available, mostly flattened finalized content in DDS format, instead photoshop file) and a decent paint program which reads Photoshop format and writes DDS in DXT3, DXT5 format.

Thanks, Stefan! It sounds as if I should keep my clumsy hands off it and wait for the professional repainters to fix the liveries. 😉

What does the announcement of the cabin include?  Radio chatter and stewardess?

Cabin announcements are everything the flight attendant says in the back. However, you can barely hear her because the cockpit door is closed. You can hear her better when you call for a coffee 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Cabin announcements are everything the flight attendant says in the back. However, you can barely hear her because the cockpit door is closed. You can hear her better when you call for a coffee 🙂 

From a pilots perspective the coffee is MUCH more important than the announcements to "the cattle" :-)

4 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Radio chatter will be heard? For realism and atmosphere...

vor 15 Minuten, Ahmad13 sagte:

No. You can tune an ATC frequency and use P3D's internal radio chatter though 

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2019 at 6:19 AM, Ahmad13 said:

There are also some online sites with real world ATC chatter, you can have running in the background.

Just some images from one of our fine beta testers...

2019-10-24_20-51-29-183.jpg

2019-11-2_16-14-17-739.jpg

2019-11-2_21-21-27-365.jpg

2019-11-2_21-21-34-583.jpg

2019-11-5_22-19-8-278.jpg

2019-11-6_22-21-57-457.jpg

2019-11-6_22-22-21-92.jpg

2019-11-6_22-38-30-112.jpg

2019-11-6_22-40-48-926.jpg

2019-11-7_16-51-36-776.jpg

2019-11-7_17-26-16-667.jpg

2019-11-7_17-34-15-6.jpg