Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

Hello!  Will the passenger cabin be included in the update?

It is very sad that it is not in the CRJ 700/900 ...

31 minutes ago, Ahmad13 said:

Hello!  Will the passenger cabin be included in the update?

It is very sad that it is not in the CRJ 700/900 ...

Well, it is included... but in my personal opinion that's just a proof why including these options nowadays is just a waste of fps. How much do you actually see?

2019-10-22_13-10-55-351.thumb.jpg.183936be0792e8ff53a52530eade6a35.jpg

As you can see Stefan did an excellent job in simulating actual lighting conditions here and the cabin is just as visible in the simulation as it would be to anyone looking at it in real life.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Well, it is included... but in my personal opinion that's just a proof why including these options nowadays is just a waste of fps. How much do you actually see?

As you can see Stefan did an excellent job in simulating actual lighting conditions here and the cabin is just as visible in the simulation as it would be to anyone looking at it in real life.

Great!
And inside you can walk around the cabin to see the seats where passengers sit?

And the next is that you can chat to intelligent avatars who make it through the Turing test?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

And the next is that you can chat to intelligent avatars who make it through the Turing test?

The next is angry passengers shouting at you and demanding their money back if you fly through some turbulence.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ahmad13 said:

Great!
And inside you can walk around the cabin to see the seats where passengers sit?

No, walking the cabin is not part of the job of a pilot. These days they are not even allowed to leave the flight deck door open. We do not believe that the additional load of memory and framerate for a cabin makes any sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Inside of the clock is very interesting and complicated for such a basic instrument (it has two removable/replacable processors!):

DSC00441.thumb.JPG.fac7ad287f4dbb099a7418da7008abfc.JPGimage_85473.thumb.jpg.3101a53cfbc47dd9c2711732af88ed73.jpg

53 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

Testing some PBR night light stuff:

picturemessage_44pdrrqk.0ps.png

wow, how did you get that darkness on dark places, looks so real and amazing!

The lighting was a massive problem and is still not as we would really want it.  PBR and seriously good lighting is currently not compatible because PBR is done only half. But indeed, it does not look bad. In fact when it works...

2019-10-22_19-40-5-635.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, walking the cabin is not part of the job of a pilot. These days they are not even allowed to leave the flight deck door open. We do not believe that the additional load of memory and framerate for a cabin makes any sense.

This is all true, but!  It is possible to turn off the cabIn in the settings, and everyone will be happy.
Flying in a full-fledged model is more pleasant, than to know that there’s nothing behind the pilot’s door ...

22 minutes ago, Ahmad13 said:

This is all true, but!  It is possible to turn off the cabIn in the settings, and everyone will be happy.
Flying in a full-fledged model is more pleasant, than to know that there’s nothing behind the pilot’s door ...

Everyone except for those who pay an additional 10€ for the cabin model only to turn it off. Modelling is seriously expensive if you want to do it right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ahmad13 said:

I am sorry but that is not how we feel things should be.  In the aircraft we make we put the task of the flight crew centre and foremost. The hobby afterall, is to pilot the aircraft. I much rather keep the price of the product low then to include something that is not aimed at that. The only exception we make is for the external of the aircraft, there we model the interior that can be seen when doors and hatches are open.

• Like 5

Thanks for the update. Is the ground handeling also updated? With the current version it looks like the airplane is on ice when steering. 

• Like 1

Mr. Frank,

could you make some teaser of the PFD in VGP mode and with speed trend indicator in action, when speed decelerate to landing speed.

Thank you and happy landing.

vor 6 Minuten, windsky sagte:

could you make some teaser of the PFD in VGP mode and with speed trend indicator in action, when speed decelerate to landing speed.

VGP mode? What do you mean?

vor 7 Minuten, windsky sagte:

VGP - vertical glide path.

Still not sure what you mean? The glide slope from the ILS? Or something else?

7 minutes ago, AirbusCG said:

Still not sure what you mean? The glide slope from the ILS? Or something else?

Glide path is calculate by FMC. PFD should announce     FMS1

VGP       ALTV

1 hour ago, windsky said:

I will be busy the next few days with family business and RW flying. Hans is still at work on the VNAV side of things but I will see what I can cook up next week.

20 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

I will be busy the next few days with family business and RW flying. Hans is still at work on the VNAV side of things but I will see what I can cook up next week.

Thank you.

Should I buy the regular version now, or wait for the professional one?  
I don’t even know what to do, I don’t feel like paying twice ... :)