Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

1 hour ago, AirbusCG said:

Active Sky is far from realistic so I can understand anyone who wants a different non Active Sky dependant weather radar.
And if I'm not totally mistaken there was some talks about the REX WXR to be implemented in a future CRJ version some years ago ;)

So not to sidetrack this thread, I've created a new thread to discuss weather engines.  I've had this same discussion many, many times elsewhere, and I look forward to a great and enlightening discuss in the new thread!

• Like 1

Love the inclusion of the performance envelope in the EFB. I noticed the "weather information" button on the bottom right, is this used to account for (import) winds and density altitude for t/o and landing performance calculations?

vor 6 Minuten, samwise7 sagte:

Love the inclusion of the performance envelope in the EFB. I noticed the "weather information" button on the bottom right, is this used to account for (import) winds and density altitude for t/o and landing performance calculations?

It shows you the METAR, the rest is done in the background automatically.

Here you go. If there's a difference between the current destination METAR and the destination TAF at arrival time, the TAF will be shown too. Here's it's not the case, so you only see the METAR.

WXRInfo.PNG

• Like 1

Will RTU and CDU also have CRT curved screens? 😉 Only CRJ-1000 models now have LCD CDU and RTU screens.

vor 8 Minuten, Branimir sagte:

Will RTU and CDU also have CRT curved screens? 😉 Only CRJ-1000 models now have LCD CDU and RTU screens.

Yep!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Will there be a possibillity to use the WX radar working with REX Skyforce engine? 

As far as I know not,  but we'll discuss this after release.

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Here you go. If there's a difference between the current destination METAR and the destination TAF at arrival time, the TAF will be shown too. Here's it's not the case, so you only see the METAR.

From where can I import the Metar data? VATSIM, IVAO, Active Sky?

I also noticed that chronometer/clock in Aerosoft CRJ was unrealistic comparing it to a real CRJ. Will it be improved?

2 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I also noticed that chronometer/clock in Aerosoft CRJ was unrealistic comparing it to a real CRJ. Will it be improved?

And what did you find unrealistic? You need to be a bit more precise you if want something improved.

19 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Of all the 'systems' this was the last I expected issues with. It shows the time and can measure time. What else you want it to do?

It's not a huge problem for me but it works a little different in the real CRJ. In a real CRJ it shows hours:minutes:seconds. If you start the chronometer ("stopwatch") it starts showing 00:00 (minutes:seconds) and not 00 like in the Aerosoft version. 

But its a very small problem that doesn't make CRJ less enjoyable.

22 minutes ago, Branimir said:

It's not a huge problem for me but it works a little different in the real CRJ. In a real CRJ it shows hours:minutes:seconds. If you start the chronometer ("stopwatch") it starts showing 00:00 (minutes:seconds) and not 00 like in the Aerosoft version. 

I'll throw it on Hans' buglist ;)

Look at this detail... (and do see it in full res)

picturemessage_ohbs22z3.m4u.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

so cool.

I wondering the reason why CFD will be implemented later, I mean is because the airbus WIP or it depends of other reasons!

Thanks for this update, how cool is this addon. 

CFD is mainly a server issue at this moment. We simply do not have enough people to handle everything at the same time. Next to that it is very important to have a stable product before adding CFD.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

We made a small (no pun intended) addition.... @cosnowboarder_777

CRJ550.PNG

The livery is being worked on right now, but flight dynamics and gauge code are adapted to handle the different seatmap and weights. I can show you more by next week.

Awesome, thanks Hans!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

CFD is mainly a server issue at this moment. We simply do not have enough people to handle everything at the same time. Next to that it is very important to have a stable product before adding CFD.

thanks for the answer, other question I have, is how big is the level of FPS impact because using features as moving map for example will it require high end computers ?

39 minutes ago, Eduard Gasull said:

thanks for the answer, other question I have, is how big is the level of FPS impact because using features as moving map for example will it require high end computers ?

I would say it's level 2.

22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as I know not,  but we'll discuss this after release.

I believe that with this answer, the holders of this application will make them back to acquire the new CRJ. I hope it's rectified before it's put up for sale.

Having regard to this answer, regarding Active Sky will it be compatible?

From what I've read so far of the new CRJ, I'm interested in acquiring it since I have the CRJs 700/900

1 minute ago, Miguel_V said:

Having regard to this answer, regarding Active Sky will it be compatible?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

I would say it's level 2.

What do you mean, Level 2?

Just now, Miguel_V said:

What do you mean, Level 2?

LOL , i think he is joking. But if is not, i do not know the meaning. 

2 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

Mmmmm.... of course it all takes resources, but framerate do not seem to be an issue.

• Thanks 2

On 10/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, Branimir said:

On 10/20/2019 at 10:06 PM, Emanuel Hagen said:

I'll throw it on Hans' buglist ;)

You asked, Hans delivered!

Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 09.54.12.png

picturemessage_bh4tgewt.ctp.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3