Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

Hello!  Will the  interactive checklist be the same as in the Airbus A320 / A319?

14 minutes ago, mikimac07 said:

Hello!  Will the  interactive checklist be the same as in the Airbus A320 / A319?

No, this feature is only available with the AS Airbus Series. 

Very good, surprising news!! I hope some of the bugs could be sorted out meanwhile. If so, I will be happy to take my 2 - or then even 3 - fresh and polished CRJs out of my hangar again.

2 minutes ago, generale84 said:

CRJ-1000 have autothrottle?

No

As Hans Hartmann wrote on page 2 of this thread:

"Coupled VNAV includes climb/descend control but without autothrottle. Like in the real aircraft. "

vor 16 Stunden , cosnowboarder_777 sagte:

Actually talked to the Go-Jet guys about the 550 as they are the ones getting them. Not sure on the weight and balance but they are taking a 700 and making it a 50 seater. Also adding closets in the cabin for the baggage since the overheads are too small to accommodate rollers.

https://onemileatatime.com/united-airlines-crj-550/

Yup. That is pretty much what I read about it too. But I'm not sure what else changed. Usually, manufacturers don't give planes a different name just because of a different interior.

Well, apparently Bombardier does. They already did so for the -705 (which is a 70-seat -900). I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

Very good, surprising news!! I hope some of the bugs could be sorted out meanwhile. If so, I will be happy to take my 2 - or then even 3 - fresh and polished CRJs out of my hangar again.

What bugs are those? We don't see a lot of open issues. 

Question for developer: Could we expect RNP 0.3 capability for RNAV approach.

Happy landing

Ondrej

I love the CRT’s. They look so much more realistic! Looking forward to flying a Garuda CRJX all over Indonesia.

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Yup. That is pretty much what I read about it too. But I'm not sure what else changed. Usually, manufacturers don't give planes a different name just because of a different interior.

Well, apparently Bombardier does. They already did so for the -705 (which is a 70-seat -900). I'll see what I can do.

Great, sounds good Hans! I also have a great relationship with Bombardier, they are one of my customers. Let me know if there is any info I might be able to get for you.

• Upvote 1

vor 5 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

What bugs are those? We don't see a lot of open issues. 

For example the CTD when changing the range of the ND. Or before that I had problems with P3D hanging up when changing the HDG bug of the AP under certain circumstances. Several other small things at the FMC that seem to be solved meanwhile. But when you are talking about only few open issues, I was probably one of the few that were affected.

That's why I parked it temporary some time ago, because every time a bug was resolved in an update, a new one seem to crop up. I might give it a try again.

Great news, will the VC include crispier fonts? I find it hard to read some of the text around the switches and LCDs in the VC.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:46 PM, Swisspilot said:

Is HF2 required, because it’s written between brackets. I use 4.5 but not HF2.

Yes sir.

vor 12 Stunden , Shomron sagte:

Great news, will the VC include crispier fonts? I find it hard to read some of the text around the switches and LCDs in the VC.

The average resolution of the cockpit textures has been strongly raised, so yes.

19 hours ago, BudSpencer said:

For example the CTD when changing the range of the ND.

We have simply never been able to recreate that issue on any of our machines, neither has any of our testers been able to recreate it (32 systems in total).  The issue is caused by this add-on and something very specific on your systeem. But as we simply have no idea what that is there is no work done to fix it as far as I am aware. Perhaps a change in the code might prevent the issue from popping up, or your system is now like that of nearly all other users.

But of you check the support forum you will see there is nearly nothing open, certainly not something important.

Hello, 

The current textures on CRJ900 will be compatible on the professional version?

Thanks.

Loïc.

49 minutes ago, Loïc Lourdel said:

No, because of the higher detail they will need to be updated.

4 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

The average resolution of the cockpit textures has been strongly raised, so yes.

Thanks Stefan, will this be visible if I use HD resolution? Or only on 4k screens?

4 hours ago, Loïc Lourdel said:

Hello, 

Thanks.

Loïc.

Mathijs is right there. With the introduction of the PBR shaders a lot changed in the composition of the textures itself. But it was also no option to stay in the old shading system, as PBR is already a standard since years in the market dominating game engines. To achieve a visual state of the art quality, the developers is also forced to overtake the new paradigms.

While the diffuse shadows were baked into the color texture for many years now to raise the realistic quality of the content, this is now totally removed from the color texture and went into a full new texture type, called METAL texture. There the shadows reside in an own grey scale channel (displaying the values of complete darkness to the maximum light entry value) and they became dynamic, so they vanish away in direct sunlight and are maximally displayed in the other cases. This helps to create a correct lighting behaviour much more.

The question was now how to save the hard work of the repainters from the years ago and so they layout in itself remained the same for the 700 and 900. To its relativly easy to convert the old paints to PBR standard once the paintkit will be available. I tested it on my own default liveries and its mostly simple drag and drop the airline specific content from the old to the new one and resave it to DXT3 format.

The diffuse texture "_C" contains now now reflective information anymore, as this is handled fully by the shader and the metalness/smoothness value inside the METAL texture. The smoothness value by the way, lets you create blurred and sharp reflections in one material now. Before you had a special environment map for that which could only display ONE smoothness state. Now you can literally define for any pixel another value, so having mirror like surfaces and brushed aluminium in one map. Once downside is there in the current Prepar3D version, as the strength of the hilights isn´t controlable now. This is "natural" to the basic idea of PBR but all engines got a special specular multiplier channel to reduce the amount to any value you want, for example to mimick a deep depression on a flat surface (to save the polygons for modeling such stuff fully out and normal maps take

a high calculation penalty).

So there is some work to do to get the old maps running also in future, yes. But its not that hard.

2 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks Stefan, will this be visible if I use HD resolution? Or only on 4k screens?

You get better details with both screen resolutions.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

No, because of the higher detail they will need to be updated.

Thanks Mathijs 

2 hours ago, Stefan Hoffmann said:

Mathijs is right there.

Thank you Stefan for the very precise answer 

I understand perfectly now.

😃

• Like 1

We made a small (no pun intended) addition.... @cosnowboarder_777

CRJ550.PNG

The livery is being worked on right now, but flight dynamics and gauge code are adapted to handle the different seatmap and weights. I can show you more by next week.

• Like 7