!! Windows 7 no longer supported !!

As Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 on Jan 20th we will be unable to test any of our
products on that platform. It may work, or it may not, but no guarantees from our side. 

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

We ran into a last moment issue...  will report later.

12 hours ago, VAFPilot said:

Just curious if we can run both versions on the same PC? I haven’t seen a response but if I missed it my apologies. 

You can, but it makes no sense as the new version contains better versions of the old aircraft.

I hope it is realesed today... .. if not I am going to die aajjajaj

vor 7 Minuten, Luisca sagte:

I hope it is realesed today... .. if not I am going to die aajjajaj

In this case.... rest in pieces.

Aerosoft, as always ...

Why say the release date if you are not confident in your abilities?  

Although this is probably part of the marketing process, it creates the hype of the product with these delays.  Personally, this pushes me away, and I no longer want to buy it.  Mocking people!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The issue is actually not in the CRJ itself, but we had some delay with the server that hosts the NavDataPro charts. That now works so we just need to implement them the same way as the Navigraph charts are done.

7 minutes ago, Ahmad13 said:

Personally, this pushes me away, and I no longer want to buy it.  Mocking people!

Okay, if you serious think that we'll have to do without your money. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The issue is actually not in the CRJ itself, but we had some delay with the server that hosts the NavDataPro charts. That now works so we just need to implement them the same way as the Navigraph charts are done.

Okay, if you serious think that we'll have to do without your money. 

Hope you find the solution early..

• Upvote 1

Vor 1 Stunde, Mathijs Kok sagte:

You can, but it makes no sense as the new version contains better versions of the old aircraft.

As I stated above, the liveries developed by third-party repainters will probably not work yet for the CRJ Professional. So if one wants to fly a particular livery that is not part of the CRJ Professional by default, it might make sense to keep the old version on the system, at least for a while.

Vor 1 Stunde, FWAviation sagte:

As I stated above, the liveries developed by third-party repainters will probably not work yet for the CRJ Professional. So if one wants to fly a particular livery that is not part of the CRJ Professional by default, it might make sense to keep the old version on the system, at least for a while.

Or you can compare both versions on your own PC. Specially the cockpit.

This is my plan 😉

• Like 1

I just don’t understand some people but in our instant gratification society it doesn’t shock me. There’s always going to be unforeseen issues and the part I don’t understand is why some people can’t roll with it: especially with this product as we do have a CRJ that works. Like most I am looking forward to the update but I can wait until it’s released. 

And I will probably run both for a brief time just in case there’s an issue. Once I see how the update performs I’ll remove the previous version and not look back. 

I think it’s nice we were given an estimated release date as some developers refuse to do so and after seeing some of the comments I can understand why. So I’ll patiently wait and I hope others will extend some patience as well.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

First people demand releasedates, then they say they won't buy it anymore because it's all a great conspiracy if you can't hold that releasedate.
Aerosoft should really do it like PMDG and just don't anything about the progress of the addon and simply release it one day.

Our marketing department would skin me alive, lol. Besides this is 2019 and we feel simply talking to customers as open as possible is the best way to do things.  if people get upset about an unexpected delay of (hopefully) one day, so be it. I have great confidence in intelligence of our customers.

For PMDG with only a very limited amount of releases a year things are different. We release around 50 products a year and we need to schedule and plan a lot more.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

vor 26 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Our marketing department would skin me alive, lol.

I assist you in your defense against them. I'm a big fan of "announce on release" 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I find it puzzling how people can have a nervous breakdown only because an add-on we all didn't expect until only one month ago will be slightly delayed. I can't imagine anyway that those "You were not on time, that's why I will boycott your product" people even stick to their promises. I'm pretty sure that that guy above will secretly buy the CRJ package anyway because he will realise how stupid it would be to sit out on it just because of the delay.

Speaking of the delay: Do you have any estimate, @Mathijs Kok, how long it should take to implement the NavDataPro charts and be ready to go?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Creditcard dusted of? Checked! Room in hangar? Checked! 🙂 I never had the old(current) version, but this new one will surely be added to my fleet. It looks great, can't wait to fly it

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We ran into a last moment issue...  will report later.

Any idea of how long the delay will take?

take as long as needed as long as long as it means having the best CRJ we can have

All items except one are complete, so theoretically we could release tomorrow. However, we made quite a few changes in the past days which haven't been looked at by our beta testers yet, so it'll be Monday (Disclaimer: as long as the testers don't run across total any catastrophic showstoppers!)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Isn't it possible to release the product before the weekend without the Navdatapro functionality and release an update that add this function when it's ready? 

I'm sure a lot of people (including me) won't use that function anyway and are really looking forward to fly the CRJ pro.

• Upvote 3

The required testing is not about the NavDataPro charts. It's about other things. And I really want to get those tested before the final installer is built.

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

All items except one are complete, so theoretically we could release tomorrow. However, we made quite a few changes in the past days which haven't been looked at by our beta testers yet, so it'll be Monday (Disclaimer: as long as the testers don't run across total any catastrophic showstoppers!)

But how is it possible to have a release date since a longer Periode and than suddenly on release Day you have to finish ore work on things. 

How do you guys give a fix release Date if you know you still have to work things out. I mean in a good working Management cycle you have to make a project schedule and plan in buffer times for unexpected problems and if everything is done and ready you can give a precise release date.

At least thats what my Boss and customers excpect from me.

Apart from this I'm looking forward to the release of this High End Addon and highly anticipate to get this thing on my sim.

30 minutes ago, Maurice_khalifa said:

But how is it possible to have a release date since a longer Periode and than suddenly on release Day you have to finish ore work on things. 

How do you guys give a fix release Date if you know you still have to work things out. I mean in a good working Management cycle you have to make a project schedule and plan in buffer times for unexpected problems and if everything is done and ready you can give a precise release date.

At least thats what my Boss and customers excpect from me.

Apart from this I'm looking forward to the release of this High End Addon and highly anticipate to get this thing on my sim.

True... we could just set a date and release two weeks later. It would make our sales and marketing department happy.  I am just glad that my boss allows me to explain things to customers and get the product out to customers when we agree it it ready.

• Upvote 5

vor 1 hour , Maurice_khalifa sagte:

I mean in a good working Management cycle you have to make a project schedule and plan in buffer times for unexpected problems

That's completely impossible. There's always a buffer times overflow. Either the testers find stuff or somebody has ideas that just need to be implemented with maximum priority. If you have a two week buffer, you will end up with three weeks of additional work. That's the reality.

• Upvote 4

On 18.11.2019 at 19:43, Holgi sagte:

A CRJ550, inspired by Hans!

CRJ550_PRIVAT_D-ALKI.jpg

vor 19 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Ok, it seems the registration have a little bit truth in it... 🤣

vor 53 Minuten, Charly04 sagte:

Ok, it seems the registration have a little bit truth in it... 🤣

No. It doesn't. I hardly ever drink alcohol. "Don't drink and dev" is even more important than "Don't drink and drive"! 😉

• Like 2

Vor 1 Stunde, Hans Hartmann sagte:

No. It doesn't. I hardly ever drink alcohol. "Don't drink and dev" is even more important than "Don't drink and drive"! 😉

mmm? :-)

2019-11-22 14_47_05-Skype.jpg

• Like 1