Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

I have a question regarding the taxi lights: In the "old" CRJ, the taxi lights are rather shining "away" from the aircraft, that means, they mainly light up the areas left and right of the aircraft, similar to the turn-off lights in the Airbus. But every time I fly in a real-life CRJ (as a passenger) at night time, I detect no light cones on the ground at the side of the plane. And when I see other CRJs taxiing by, I detect that their taxi lights are rather directed towards the front of the plane, i.e. the taxiway centreline. This video of an IBEX CRJ-700 also shows a taxi light directed towards the front of the aircraft. Is that correct and if so, do you address this in the new version of the CRJ?

A bit, problem is that is two light cones hit the same area the lighting system in P3D goes a bit weird and it gets way too bright.

• Like 1

vor 17 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

A bit, problem is that is two light cones hit the same area the lighting system in P3D goes a bit weird and it gets way too bright.

That figures, but in the video of the IBEX CRJ-700 it seems as if it uses a single taxi light on the nosewheel. I don't know whether that is the standard for the CRJ, though - but it might fix that problem.

That the landing lights are a bit different to the real thing has a rather simple reason: The landing lights cannot cast any shadow themselfes in Prepar3D, which is an ability only the sun and moon got there. But setting up the landing lights "like they should be" lights up the cockpit and you see nothing more than white at night. So the only workaround was too finely adjust cone angle and direction of lights a way, that it differes minimally from original, while not creating the lit up cockpit. This of course happens to all products made for Prepar3D as they all feature the same lighting system. Maybe its less obvious on others.

• Like 3

Final list of liveries:

CRJ 550

1. United Express/Go Jet

CRJ 700

1. AF Brit Air
  2. LH Regional/CityLine Star Alliance
  3. LH Regional/Eurowings
  4. South African Express Airways
  5. Delta Connection/Go Jet
  6. AIR HOP
  7. American Eagle (2 models)
  8. Private CRJ-700
  9. Horizon Air
  10. Alaska Airlines/Sky West
  11. United Express/SkyWest
  12. Styrian Spirit
  13. Conviasa
  14. Bombardier
  15. Duo Airways

CRJ 900

1. Air One
  2. Adria Airways
  3. Air Nostrum (2 models)
  4. US Airways Express
  5. Binter Canarias
  6. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
  7. LH Regional/CityLine
  8. Lufthansa CityLine (2 models)
  9. LH Regional/Eurowings
  10. Delta Connection/SkyWest
  11. Air Canada Express
  12. AtlasGlobal
  13. PLUNA (4 models)
  14. Air Canada Express
  15. Bombardier
  16. Private CRJ-900

CRJ 1000

1. Garuda Indonesia
  2. HOP
  3. BINTER
  4. Air Nostrum
  • Like 4

Had to so some more images for the marketing department. Make sure you see them in large format.

crj1.png

crj2.png

crj3.png

crj4.png

crj5.png

crj6.png

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Had to so some more images for the marketing department. Make sure you see them in large format.

[...]

Wow! Great work. That's a giant leap from the old CRJ to this one. Hope I can fly it soon across Germany.

Mathijs has already written it above,

below from me as Picture,

the Gerudia Indonesia!

This as a small appetizer,

look forward to what's is coming!

GARUDA_INDONESIA_PK-GRO.jpg

• Like 8

On 11/4/2019 at 11:48 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

Planned is November 18th. If that's going to happen depends on the status of the product test by then. Or in other words: If it's not released on November 18, it's still not delayed :P 

is this estimate still on track? :D Just a day now to wait then it is time to burn the f5 key :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

is this estimate still on track? :D Just a day now to wait then it is time to burn the f5 key :D

Yeah, all looks fine.

You want some more shots (from Holger)?

crj7_19.png

crj7_21.png

crj9_03.png

crj9_28.png

crjX_03.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Looks like someone was in a chase plane in flight with these pics. The realism is just plain scary. Kudos!

• Like 1

Will there be an updated tutorial?

Thanks.

To clarify this before it's misunderstood: Release is planned for Thursday the 21st. Not for the 18th.

so the 21st at 11:11? if so, marked my calendar, cant wait 

For all the retropilots …

I thought that this CRJ 1000 may not be missing!

I know, this Airline is not on the list of Mathijs, but …

(I love her!)

CRJ1000_AIR_NOSTRUM_EC-LJR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 hour , ET games sagte:

so the 21st at 11:11? if so, marked my calendar, cant wait 

I didn't say a year 😉

• Like 1

Thanks, @Stefan Hoffmann, for your answer regarding the taxi lights! Not that I want to postpone the release in any way, but isn‘t it possible to design the taxi light as a single light as opposed to double lights? In that IBEX video, it appears as if the taxi light is a single light on the nosegear.

And @Mathijs Kok or @Hans Hartmann: Can you already tell us more about the pricing of the CRJ Professional - especially the upgrade price?

vor 9 Minuten, FWAviation sagte:

Thanks, @Stefan Hoffmann, for your answer regarding the taxi lights! Not that I want to postpone the release in any way, but isn‘t it possible to design the taxi light as a single light as opposed to double lights? In that IBEX video, it appears as if the taxi light is a single light on the nosegear.

And @Mathijs Kok or @Hans Hartmann: Can you already tell us more about the pricing of the CRJ Professional - especially the upgrade price?

The CRJ got a taxi light on the nosegear, two landings lights on each side in the wing, which are paired with slightly sideward pointing turning lights.

In realworld i learned that pilots often use the landinglights + taxi light for takeoff because it delivers a certain desired brightness, in Prepar3d i would also recommend this procedure because

of the special technical nature of the landing lights not casting shadows and so are forced to point slightly outward. Many different scenarios were played through for the positioning already, with

the current one as the most favourable one.

vor 3 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

To clarify this before it's misunderstood: Release is planned for Thursday the 21st. Not for the 18th.

vor 45 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I didn't say a year 😉

OMG!! 😮 the next Thursday, 21.11. is 2024 😂

• Like 1

vor 1 hour , Stefan Hoffmann sagte:

The CRJ got a taxi light on the nosegear, two landings lights on each side in the wing, which are paired with slightly sideward pointing turning lights.

In realworld i learned that pilots often use the landinglights + taxi light for takeoff because it delivers a certain desired brightness, in Prepar3d i would also recommend this procedure because

of the special technical nature of the landing lights not casting shadows and so are forced to point slightly outward. Many different scenarios were played through for the positioning already, with

the current one as the most favourable one.

Thanks, Stefan. What I don‘t quite get is: Why didn‘t you design the taxi light as a single nosegear light, and the landing lights (when switched on) light only the left and right of the airplane. Or wouldn’t that have provided the desired amount of brightness? Currently, it seems to be the other way round: The taxilight(s) light the left and right of the plane, while the front of the plane is only lit if one switches the landing lights on.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I didn't say a year 😉

it will feel like a year 😂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Around 63 Euro (plus VAT when applicable) or 21 Euro to update from the current version.

Sorry no changes on the lights planned, we'll look at that next year.