Please put your post in the correct forum.
Today we had to move over 150 posts manually.  We do feel the forum structure is logical and the section names are clear. As redirecting posts pollute the forum a lot we will not add them anymore. So if you are unable to find your post, look for it in the most logical forum section.

Hans Hartmann

CRJ Professional Preview (Released)

I know it’s a bit early, but:

Will we need to remove the current version before installing the update?

Or will the new CRJ installer take care of everything automatically?

There will be no need to keep the current version, this is not an update but a completly new version.

It will include all features the previous version had.

48 minutes ago, VAFPilot said:

I know it’s a bit early, but:

Will we need to remove the current version before installing the update?

Or will the new CRJ installer take care of everything automatically?

We advice de-installing the older one.

On 11/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, JRBarrett said:

The 700/900/1000 have a common flight deck arrangement.

While the 200 (which is the oldest version), has about 85 percent commonality, there are some substantial differences in the systems - especially on the overhead panel. The 700/900 has a single push button to test the complete engine and APU fire warning and extinguishing system. The 200 fire system has 9 separate toggle switches, 5 of which can take three positions, and there are 3 separate tests that have to be performed during preflight to verify that all parts of the fire system are working properly.

Bleed air management is (normally) automatic on the 700/900, and manual on the 200 with a different switch arrangement. The thrust reversers on the 200 are pneumatic, while the 700/900 are hydraulic. 

The 200 has additional switches on the engine start panel to manually select either the A or B ignition system during start, while this is automatic on the 700/900.

The 700/900 has wing leading edge slats, while the 200 does not.

I work as a mechanic on the 200, and would love to see it emulated, but I recognize that doing so would require substantial changes in the systems programming and overhead panel graphics, so I can understand that Aerosoft would not want to add this to the current project.

Although there are still a lot of 200s in airline service in the US, the fleet is rapidly aging. I think that regional airlines who want to continue operating a 50 seat CRJ, will move to the new CRJ-550 as they retire their 200s. (The 550 will be included in the upcoming Pro version of the Aerosoft CRJ series - it’s basically a 700 with reduced seating capacity and reduced max gross weight).

Always did find it interesting how high of an approach speed the 200 had because of the lack of leading edge devices. Believe its around 155 knots. One of my favorite parts on the 200 is the 126758-7 and -8. Expensive and break a lot haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cosnowboarder_777 said:

Always did find it interesting how high of an approach speed the 200 had because of the lack of leading edge devices. Believe its around 155 knots. One of my favorite parts on the 200 is the 126758-7 and -8. Expensive and break a lot haha.

We’re lucky in that we haven’t had any T/R drive units fail (yet). Our aircraft (the Challenger 850 corporate version), came to us with very low total time, and are 8 and 9 years old respectively. We are entering our third year of operation. We don’t put hours and cycles on anywhere near as quickly as an airline CRJ would, but do typically average 2 or 3 round-trips each weekday per aircraft.

We are only getting about 225 landings out of each new main wheel tire on average (with Michelins), but our tread wear criteria is probably a lot more conservative than what the airlines would use.

So far, our high-failure-rate items have been probe heat control boxes, (I have not had a “pitot heat fail” or “AOA heat fail“ CAS message YET  that was caused by an actual failure of a heating element), and the bleed air valves for cowl leading edge heat. (and the associated over pressure relief valves, which often pop out only because the nichrome safety wire inside has become work hardened and fractured).

And... the infamous “APU DOOR INHIBIT CLOSE” (or INHIBIT OPEN) CAS message, caused mainly by the fact that the APU inlet door position sensor on the 200 is a cheap, rickety, poorly-designed piece of ####.😡

In the summer months, we carefully clean all the accumulated bugs off of the wing leading edges at the end of each flight day, because too heavy an accumulation can affect airflow and stalling speed. The lack of slats is a definite weakness in the 200 design.

Jim Barrett

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

We’re lucky in that we haven’t had any T/R drive units fail (yet). Our aircraft (the Challenger 850 corporate version), came to us with very low total time, and are 8 and 9 years old respectively. We are entering our third year of operation. We don’t put hours and cycles on anywhere near as quickly as an airline CRJ would, but do typically average 2 or 3 round-trips each weekday per aircraft.

We are only getting about 225 landings out of each new main wheel tire on average (with Michelins), but our tread wear criteria is probably a lot more conservative than what the airlines would use.

So far, our high-failure-rate items have been probe heat control boxes, (I have not had a “pitot heat fail” or “AOA heat fail“ CAS message YET  that was caused by an actual failure of a heating element), and the bleed air valves for cowl leading edge heat. (and the associated over pressure relief valves, which often pop out only because the nichrome safety wire inside has become work hardened and fractured).

And... the infamous “APU DOOR INHIBIT CLOSE” (or INHIBIT OPEN) CAS message, caused mainly by the fact that the APU inlet door position sensor on the 200 is a cheap, rickety, poorly-designed piece of ####.😡

In the summer months, we carefully clean all the accumulated bugs off of the wing leading edges at the end of each flight day, because too heavy an accumulation can affect airflow and stalling speed. The lack of slats is a definite weakness in the 200 design.

Jim Barrett

Oh yeah, very low cycles compared to the commercial ones. We just bought a bunch of parts off an 850. If you guys ever have parts for sale, let me know! We see that issue here in Arizona in the summertime. When those temps get up into the 110+ range, really affects the performance of the whole fleet.

Will there be more cockpit shots before release? :) 

1 hour ago, Frank Docter said:

I will make some tonight. 

Cool ))

will there be connected flight deck at launch, or will it come later?

9 minutes ago, Frank Docter said:

It is planned to come at a later time but do not expect it “soon”. 

ok, thanks for the reply

It hast come a long way since i first used the ms flight simulator in the 80s on a floppy disk on my dad's computer... in 4 colours...

Amazing screenshots. 

What does "customizable views"?  Can you see how it works? 

Thanks)

18 minutes ago, Ahmad13 said:

What does "customizable views"?  Can you see how it works? 

Thanks)

There is a config file where you can tweal what [Shift]-[2] to [Shift]-[8] does.

8 hours ago, Beat578 said:

It hast come a long way since i first used the ms flight simulator in the 80s on a floppy disk on my dad's computer... in 4 colours...

Amazing screenshots. 

Believe it or not, there aren't THAT many of us left in the hobby, at least those who still fly at least once a week!

So, nice to see you here my friend!

37 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Believe it or not, there aren't THAT many of us left in the hobby, at least those who still fly at least once a week!

So, nice to see you here my friend!

i started with 5 years old on a IBM with windows 95 MFS 95.

2 hours ago, Eduard Gasull said:

i started with 5 years old on a IBM with windows 95 MFS 95.

Good grief I think I was out of high school before you were even born.  Man that's hard to believe.  I don't feel like I've been around that long.  time flies...

And I didn't realize Mathijs was with Lago.  I remember the first add-on aircraft I ever saw.  It was a DC-9, made by *Lago*, if I remember correctly.  It was for FS 5.0.  It was amazing to me.  I was used to no add-on aircraft and FS2 and FS4.  I did play around with FS4's aircraft maker thingy...the "Thunder Swallow" was a jet my friend made, that looked like a U-2.

1 minute ago, Mace_RB said:

Good grief I think I was out of high school before you were even born.  Man that's hard to believe.  I don't feel like I've been around that long.  time flies...

And I didn't realize Mathijs was with Lago.  I remember the first add-on aircraft I ever saw.  It was a DC-9, made by *Lago*, if I remember correctly.  It was for FS 5.0.  It was amazing to me.  I was used to no add-on aircraft and FS2 and FS4.  I did play around with FS4's aircraft maker thingy...the "Thunder Swallow" was a jet my friend made, that looked like a U-2.

i´m from the early 90´s , so very possible . My first addon was a CRJ from wilco, before that, i always flew with the default simulators. but i think after no long time of that purchase actually the first version of AS CRJ  was announced LOL. 

Some night-time pictures....

2019-11-14_22-16-22-632.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-12-185.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-4-670.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-37-775.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-38-328.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-38-355.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-38-395.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-38-424.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-38-456.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-43-74.jpg

2019-11-14_22-16-59-19.jpg