X-Plane 11 Download / Executable Problems

Wink22

I purchased and downloaded X-Plane 11 yesterday. I purchased a brand new gaming computer strictly for this purpose. So, there is NOTHING on this new computer. Everything seemed to download properly.  However, now when I click on the X-Plane short cut, and the X-Plane icon, I receive an error message:  The x-plane executable is in the wrong place. Please make sure it is in your main x-plane installation folder.

I am not very good at computer issues/problems.  So, any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello,

please be sure, that the X-Plane.exe file is located in your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Otherwise it will not work.

And an idea is to make an update of X-Plane 11 with this installer:
https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

One Installer, all of X-Plane (for all operation systems).

If this will not work, then please upload your Log file (Log.txt) here as a file attachement.

You find it in the installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Close X-Plane 11 before (if possible).

Greets Heinz

PS: Don't post a question on several places. This is not a good idea. It makes our forum difficult to read....

You also have posted here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/143213-unable-to-start-xp11-message-error/&do=findComment&comment=946394

See also our forum rules:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/130395-forum-structure/

Greets Heinz

Thanks, Heinz.  I will follow proper protocol from here on with regards to the forum. As for my problem, how do I physically move the X-Plane.exe file into the X-Plane folder?

The X-Plane will run if I use the installer.exe file everytime.  But, that is not what I want to do each time.

• Administrator

Hello Wink22,

if there is the X-Plane.exe file positioned on the desktop (and this is not a Link, but a regular exe file) then this is wrong.

You have to move this X-Plane.exe file into the installed X-Plane 11 folder.

That is where you have installed your X-Plane 11.

Use the left mouse button on the exe file, then hold the left Mouse button and move the file into the installed X-Plane 11 folder. This folder open before with the file explorer.

Greets Heinz

That worked !!  Thanks so much.

Now I have a new problem.  I tried downloading a Carenado Cirrus SR22, but it will not download/install properly.  The plane shows up but the avionics and everything else does not respond.  Carenado support can't help me.  They say its' an X-plane download problem.

The plane will show up in the livery, but is painted white instead of red.  And, the pilot's legs are protruding from underneath the fuselage.  Very Strange.

So, it seems as though the download is not completely installing itself.  

what is the step by step procedure for downloading and installing add-on aircraft for X-plane.

In FSX, everything was automatic.  So, I'm new at this.

Thanks again!

• Administrator

Hello,

installing Carenado aircraft is easy.

Download the zip file.

Extract it. Open the extracted folder.

Copy the included Aircraft folder into your "Aircraft" folder of your installed X-Plane 11 folder.

Thats it.

But keep in mind:

The Carenado SR22 is an X-Plane 10 addon. Its not for X-Plane 11. May be there are problems if you will use it with X-Plane 11.

And:

Most aircrafts needs the C++ Libraries from Microsoft (if you are on Windows).

See here for more infos to install them:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140594-important-infos-about-windows-c-libraries-and-more/

Greets Heinz

Wow, thanks Heinz.  I did not realize the Carenado SR22 is for Xplane 10 only.  I tried downloading the Premier 1A from Carenado and the same thing happened.  Are there any similar add-ons from Carenado that will work on XPlane 11?

What other add-on manufacturer's should I investigate for aircraft that will work with XPlane 11 ?

Thanks again for the input...........VERY helpful !!

Heinz, I purchased a subscription to Navigraph.  I did this because the new Premier 1A add-on was out of date on the FMS Data computer.  I tried to dowload the FMS Data program and update from Navigraph, but it did not work.  I see the Navigraph file/folder on my desktop, but the Premier 1A did not update.

Can you walk me through the process to apply this correctly to X-plane?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Moin wahrscheinlich bin ich falsch, aber dennoch

Ich musste Xplane11 (Linux) neu installieren somit habe ich meine Cessna 172 (Download bei aerosoft) verloren, kann ich die Cessna172 erneut downladen ohne erneut zu zahlen key habe ich

Danke.

Archived