Missing SIDs and STARs.

I have now become very used to this aircraft and fly it a lot. However I have noticed numerous times that the FMC database seems to be missing an awful lot of information.

First it started with the vast majority of airport stands were "not found in database" which honestly wasn't a big problem and easily overcome. However lately I have noticed that many of the SID and STAR options from and to airports are simply missing. 

One classic today was going into Heathrow from Dutch airspace the very famous LOGAN1H arrival simply wasn't in the database options which meant looking up the charts and manually inputting the waypoints which is a bit of a pain when flying the CRJ into busy online airspace.

Even at my departure airport SIDs were missing which again I had to improvise with. 

I never have seen this before with the Aerosoft Airbus or other aircraft. I use Navigraph updates every month so it should have the whole navigation data available to it. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks as always.

Thanks Hans

I have 1.2.3.0 and I can only say it didn't work for me today. I will try again tomorrow. 

I did look in depth at the relevant Nav Data file in the Digital Aviation folder and I could see LOGA1H in there. I have updated the AIRAC this afternoon and we will see what happens!

I will report back accordingly. 

Thanks again. 

Hi Hans

All is good now. I actually downloaded the latest AIRAC and manually placed the contents into the correct folders. After this all the SIDs and STARs were there.

Still missing a lot of airport stands and gates but as I say that isn't really a problem as I can use the last position reference into the GPS.

Thanks for the chat and help!

Tony

1 hour ago, tonyc said:

Still missing a lot of airport stands and gates but as I say that isn't really a problem as I can use the last position reference into the GPS.

Same here, but this is not Aerosoft CRJ problem but navigation data provider includes only larger gates. For ex. at LJLJ it has only larger gates but not the smaller remote stands.

28 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

In my airline there are no gates included in the navdata at all. We don't use them.

Good grief your passengers must have a long walk to the aircraft! ;)

Sorry Emanuel - English sense of humour!

7 minutes ago, tonyc said:

Good grief your passengers must have a long walk to the aircraft! ;)

Sorry Emanuel - English sense of humour!

A shorter walk than Lufthansa passengers at my homebase for sure ;)

Archived