SODE for Mega Airport Berlin Pro

abueren

Hello,

can we expect to get a SODE update for Berlin EDDB Pro? I think theses days, that's simply state-of-the-art and should be expected of a so called "Pro"-Airport.

Best regards 

Adrian

• Aerosoft

To be honest, we are not huge fans of SODE. It is based on a hack of the sim and the moment an update for the sim wrecks that all SODE stuff will not work anymore. Now the dev is a fantastic person and very attentive, but should anything happen to him the development is blocked.

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

To be honest, we are not huge fans of SODE. It is based on a hack of the sim and the moment an update for the sim wrecks that all SODE stuff will not work anymore. Now the dev is a fantastic person and very attentive, but should anything happen to him the development is blocked.

It will be your opinion with SODE, but why is FSDREAMTEAM with its excellent and realistic scenerys, all adapting them all to SODE? for my SODE is an excellent Add-on, where through GSX they complement each other being able to create ramps to the taste of each user etc... which defaults to most scenarios with CTR+J does not allow you to select ramp to which door to put etc.....

• Deputy Sheriffs

This thread is closed, due to it turning into a pro vs. con of SODE. The OP was informed about where to get the files to enable SODE and the suggestion to include this information on the Aerosoft product page is noted.

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic
  • Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Miguel_V said:

It will be your opinion with SODE, but why is FSDREAMTEAM with its excellent and realistic scenerys, all adapting them all to SODE? for my SODE is an excellent Add-on, where through GSX they complement each other being able to create ramps to the taste of each user etc... which defaults to most scenarios with CTR+J does not allow you to select ramp to which door to put etc.....

The topic will stay closed but it's good that we comment on this. The reason we are a bit more cautious is that we cater for a different public. Not only professional customers who insist on only SDK made stuff but also boxed copies. Should SODE fail for what reason whatsoever, we could be left with thousands of boxes that can't be sold. 

SODE is one of the best things for our sim, I share your feeling for 100%. The problem as I explained is that a development depending on one single person is always fragile. The dev could get a very busy job, an accident, what ever.  Just imagine that an update of P3D breaks SODE and that an update of SODE is for what reason whatsoever impossible. Lockheed will not stop any update that breaks SODE. Also consider that FS2020 is a factor. The developers are trying to add some backwards compatibility but that will ONLY cover SDK related stuff. And we simply have no idea if these kinds of add-ons that add animations are possible. 

So it is not that we do not like SODE, we do. But we need a stable platform. 

Archived