pushback

GaryMcCl

Hi

I've been keeping my A320s up to date and i've come into a problem or two.

1. When I request a pushback, one of the options was to provide me with a 'Quick...', something, (I can remember the name). I don't know to manage that, and it had Slew in the bottom-right.
  2. If I choose the old-style option (e.g. push left/move right), where I give it an option, it one point in the checklist it tells me to 'MOVE STICK LEFT OR RIGHT', where I get the aircraft shivering, and can't continue. (in this case I get CINEMATOGRAPHER in the bottom-right.)

Can you let me know with with either of the problems?

Thanks

Gary

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gary,

please tell me first which pushback procedure you are using in connection with the CL and CP function? Are you using the internal MCDU3 or GSX pushback procedure? Also regarding the other issue you mentioned e.g. "joystick check after pushback has been completed" I have no idea what could cause those reactions. Maybe the reason are your P3D-controls assignments and / or joystick calibration. Try to reset all assignment values  to default and newly calibrate your joystick.......

Regards,

Rolf

Hi

I have found in the past that the pushback is best done using GSX since it makes sure the aircraft  neatly ends up in the centre of the taxiway. It used to be that I had to 'guess' how far back I needed to be - with other software (even including MCDU3) but not with GSX - you simply tell it is you want to be pushed left or right.

The other, new, feature seems to let you have a visual from plan of where to be pushed. 

Either would be good, but neither work.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gary

3 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

I have found in the past that the pushback is best done using GSX since it makes sure the aircraft  neatly ends up in the centre of the taxiway.

Not always true.  Check out the pushback from Gate D10 at the SunSkyJet KPHL Scenery, it's not close to the lines you see on the tarmac.  GSX using the AFCAD lines, which often differs just a bit from what you see in the scenery itself.

Thanks Dave, I suspected that.  If I was to use the standard MCDU3, how do you work out far back/direction you should use? I'm sure if you answer, if would be a big 'NO', lol.

Gary

1 hour ago, GaryMcCl said:

Thanks Dave, I suspected that.  If I was to use the standard MCDU3, how do you work out far back/direction you should use? I'm sure if you answer, if would be a big 'NO', lol.

Gary

LOL, I use GSXV2, both auto (AFCAD based) pushback and the Quick Pushback, both work fine for me. Do you have GSX selected in MCDU3?

• 1 month later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

More than 30 days without response to the last question. Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived