Issue Installing Livery

Hello everyone, I've gone through the forums and cant find anything to help with my predicament, I downloaded a new livery from Avsim and I installed it via the livery manager however it wasn't showing in my sim, so I checked my Aircraft CFG file and sure thing it wasn't in there. However, while trying to add in the info and save it my notepad is saying I dont have permission to save to this location, even though I've changed all the admistration rights for full control and modifying files in this location on Windows 10 and I am at a loss of to proceed. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

First of all, when downloading a livery from somewhere from the web, yo have to make sure that it is compatible with the Airbus version you have installed. If it does not work with the livery manager it is either not compatible and/or does not follow certain guidelines.

10 minutes ago, Avgeek380 said:

my notepad is saying I dont have permission

Not a product problem, but of you local setup. Obviously you have installed somewhere under c:\program files (x86), which is the badest location for all sim releated products.

It does install with the Livery manager and I've made sure from the repainter that it is for Airbus Professional and I'm still not able to install any of the liveries. And yes it is installed under C:\programfiles no other place I could really place it on my pc.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes you can install it elsewhere on your drive c. The installer gives you the choice. I recommend you to uninstall all your sim related stuff, create a folder like c:\p3d, install p3d into this folder. For all addons supporting the Add-on.xml methode create another folder like c:\p3d-addons and install the Airbus to this folder.

Right I reinstalled my Airbus into a different folder and this has done the trick, was only affecting my Aerosoft aircraft installing liveries so atleast thats worked. Thanks for your help.

Archived